2018/19 Vinton County Vikings

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: 2018/19 Vinton County Vikings

Post by thebarlowbandit »

toldya wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:51 pm
toldya wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:35 pm Vinton is strong and young. Hope they schedule up next year.
Vinton has had a great season. They have great kids. As I stated a month ago the schedule needs to be more challenging to help them to be ready for tourney.

Dundas and some Pickerington guy took it as a slight yo the girls. Not at all. They do not make out the schedule. Someone has to help the girls prepare for tough games.

Honestly winning the TVC was a given.

Better luck next year.
Exactly, now have to challenge themselves in their 10 non league games. Nice young team, but DII has some other young teams too. Nothing is a given.

bballislife
Waterboy

Post by bballislife »

Really good team! Young yes, but they can play! Can’t wait to see them progress over the next couple of years!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Vinton County on a truly outstanding season. You have made all of Vinton County very proud of you.

bballislife
Waterboy

Post by bballislife »

May have lost last night but what a great game! Now onto next year. They may still be young but with the younger ones getting a season of High School ball in it will be even better! I am also looking forward to watching Myriah Davis get back to it. Stinks she had to sit out the whole season because of injury. But with her, Bentley, Ousley and the freshman they had this year they will do outstanding next year, no doubt!!

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Proud to be a Viking!!!!!

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Mid State Buckeye has 3 schools playing in District Championship- Circleville, Amanda Clearcreek and Bloom Carroll. You can throw Teays Valley in there being in Division I but lost in District Semi-Finals. Those are 4 teams Vinton County may want to look to schedule to bump up their Non League games.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

bsee12345 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:19 pm Mid State Buckeye has 3 schools playing in District Championship- Circleville, Amanda Clearcreek and Bloom Carroll. You can throw Teays Valley in there being in Division I but lost in District Semi-Finals. Those are 4 teams Vinton County may want to look to schedule to bump up their Non League games.
VC beat Amanda this season. Circleville and BC would be good additions.

turnover
Waterboy

Post by turnover »

MVL has three teams in District Finals in Sheridan, Maysville, and Morgan with Sheridan already in the Sweet 16. Also, Tri-Valley in D1 made it to the District semi-finals only to get beat by Westerville South by two points.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Those are the type of teams plus a couple teams above the Lancaster-Dixon line a team has to play to be tourney ready.

The TVC will not prepare a team for big wins.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

toldya wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:30 am Those are the type of teams plus a couple teams above the Lancaster-Dixon line a team has to play to be tourney ready.

The TVC had 1 make it to the district semi, 1 in the district final and 1 in the sweet 16 still alive. Pretty solid for a Conference if you ask me.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Dundas wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:19 am
toldya wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:30 am Those are the type of teams plus a couple teams above the Lancaster-Dixon line a team has to play to be tourney ready.

The TVC had 1 make it to the district semi, 1 in the district final and 1 in the sweet 16 still alive. Pretty solid for a Conference if you ask me.
The TVC Ohio had 4 make it to the district semi (Alex, NY, Meigs , VC), 2 in the district finals (Alex, VC) and I in the sweet 16 (Alex)

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Dundas. First do you realize how week those sectionals we're? Never mind that. I see you can not take a helpful suggestion.

Based on that I would say enjoy the TVC championship next year. I will throw in a sectional title.

If VC wants to play into March next year they better dress up the schedule. I am sure real lady basketball fans understand that.

Congrats on being TVC champs.

I am greedy. I would just want more.

Those talented girls deserve to be challenged.

goinbroke
Riding the Bench

Post by goinbroke »

Very well said toldya. Cannot fixate on the TVC crown since that should not be your ultimate focus. It's a nice trophy to add to the collection, but not the end goal. If you want to be around competing in the tournament, you have to play others that will be competing in the tournament throughout the season. Beating up on lesser opponents and padding stats does nothing for preparing for the bigger prize.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Dundas wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:19 am

They did have those teams do that. But 2 of them are in DIII, one heck of a difference night in and night out between DII and DIII. Teams mentioned are all good ones to add. The TVC competition will provide wins, but not the competition, not when you have a good team with expectations. But again, congrats on a fine win.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

When Athens was going to regionals the TVC Ohio was alway our toughest competition and we played schools like Africentric

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

toldya wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:31 am Dundas. First do you realize how week those sectionals we're? Never mind that. I see you can not take a helpful suggestion.

Based on that I would say enjoy the TVC championship next year. I will throw in a sectional title.

If VC wants to play into March next year they better dress up the schedule. I am sure real lady basketball fans understand that.

goinbroke wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:58 pm Very well said toldya. Cannot fixate on the TVC crown since that should not be your ultimate focus. It's a nice trophy to add to the collection, but not the end goal. If you want to be around competing in the tournament, you have to play others that will be competing in the tournament throughout the season. Beating up on lesser opponents and padding stats does nothing for preparing for the bigger prize.
Wow. Let me address this aggressive ignorance. First, there is a VERY fine line between scheduling to be competitive and tested than to be beaten and marginalized. So that you may understand, let me dumb it down. The TVC was a very competitive conference this year; for example, Alexander finished the regular season with two losses, both to Vinton County, next, Nelsonville-York was improved and won a sectional title by beating a Southeastern Ohio perennial favorite, Oak Hill, both Wellston and Athens improved by finishing around .500, Meigs was senior-laden, and had their chances in the districts, and finally, River Valley showed improvement through the course of the year. To cynically dismiss the TVC is wrong, and makes you seem intellectually dishonest.

Second, Coach Bentley did schedule up from last year, by adding Amanda Clearcreek, with an outstanding player, Warren, because of weather never happened, Ashland Paul Glazer, a DI school from Kentucky, who happened to catch Vinton County with two girls sick and two injured, lest we forget, Vinton County boat-raced Wheelersburg, Unioto was scheduled, only to have the best coach in the Southeast District, IMO, how about Philo, and probably the only cupcake on the schedule was Jackson, but because of weather, it was never played. Therefore, for you to complain about our schedule must mean you don't respect these other programs or you just don't know what you are talking about.

Lastly, don't fear, Coach Bentley has ready stated that he will be scheduling "up." He is looking to schedule some Central Ohio Schools. And that is ok, until you go into the tournament draw with 4-5 losses and you are staring a 4 seed, as opposed to being a 1 or a 2 seed. I surmise, that seeding is everything, especially within our district, because, year in and year out, it is highly competitive.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:43 pm And that is ok, until you go into the tournament draw with 4-5 losses and you are staring a 4 seed, as opposed to being a 1 or a 2 seed. I surmise, that seeding is everything, especially within our district, because, year in and year out, it is highly competitive.
Which is why the SE needs to be like everybody else in the state and let coaches select where they go on the lines. There’s no reason that the SE D2 and D3 shouldn’t be a big sectional each. Somebody holding onto outdated ideas.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Agree!

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:43 pm
toldya wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:31 am Dundas. First do you realize how week those sectionals we're? Never mind that. I see you can not take a helpful suggestion.

goinbroke wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:58 pm Very well said toldya. Cannot fixate on the TVC crown since that should not be your ultimate focus. It's a nice trophy to add to the collection, but not the end goal. If you want to be around competing in the tournament, you have to play others that will be competing in the tournament throughout the season. Beating up on lesser opponents and padding stats does nothing for preparing for the bigger prize.
Wow. Let me address this aggressive ignorance. First, there is a VERY fine line between scheduling to be competitive and tested than to be beaten and marginalized. So that you may understand, let me dumb it down. The TVC was a very competitive conference this year; for example, Alexander finished the regular season with two losses, both to Vinton County, next, Nelsonville-York was improved and won a sectional title by beating a Southeastern Ohio perennial favorite, Oak Hill, both Wellston and Athens improved by finishing around .500, Meigs was senior-laden, and had their chances in the districts, and finally, River Valley showed improvement through the course of the year. To cynically dismiss the TVC is wrong, and makes you seem intellectually dishonest.

Second, Coach Bentley did schedule up from last year, by adding Amanda Clearcreek, with an outstanding player, Warren, because of weather never happened, Ashland Paul Glazer, a DI school from Kentucky, who happened to catch Vinton County with two girls sick and two injured, lest we forget, Vinton County boat-raced Wheelersburg, Unioto was scheduled, only to have the best coach in the Southeast District, IMO, how about Philo, and probably the only cupcake on the schedule was Jackson, but because of weather, it was never played. Therefore, for you to complain about our schedule must mean you don't respect these other programs or you just don't know what you are talking about.

Lastly, don't fear, Coach Bentley has ready stated that he will be scheduling "up." He is looking to schedule some Central Ohio Schools. And that is ok, until you go into the tournament draw with 4-5 losses and you are staring a 4 seed, as opposed to being a 1 or a 2 seed. I surmise, that seeding is everything, especially within our district, because, year in and year out, it is highly competitive.

Hawkeye let me double dumb it down for you. Your league beyond Alex and VC was weak this year. You won that league . You won a sectional. You failed to make The Disririct final. Either challenge the team and let them grow or repeat this year.

I hope you can grasp this concept.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Wow. I guess we know how you got your name. Boy, you told me. :roll: This coming from a guy who can't correctly use the quote button. :lol:

First, Einstein. The TVC was fine, it was competitive. You are talking about a conference that went 10-7 in the tournament, with only Athens not posting a win, and that is because they drew Meigs in the first round. Furthermore, there were 3 sectional championships and 1 district championship. Therefore, almost half, will post a new number on some school banners.

I don't want to assume anything, but it sounds like you think the TVC is just crap. That is wrong thinking. As I stated before, the conference was improved over the past couple of years, and I happen to think that is because of the great influx of freshmen talent, everywhere.

You know when I talk to my Ohio State hater friends, they make the same argument, outside of Ohio State, Michigan, and/or Penn State, the Big Ten sucks. However, no one, especially anyone from south of the Mason-Dixon Line, wants to play Northwestern, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan State in late October or into November. So again, for you to arbitrarily dismiss the TVC is intellectual dishonest.

Now, if you want to have a conversation on why the Lady Vikings failed to win the district championship you can start with the premise that you believe that the TVC doesn't prepare them tournament play. You could start there, but it doesn't mean you are right. Because, THAT IS THE CONFERENCE WE ARE IN, AND WE CAN'T AND SHOULDN'T APOLOGIZE FOR IT. It is what it is.

Before you get started, let me say; at no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone who reads this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. :lol:

Return to “Girls Basketball”