Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Re: Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

Post by SEOAL74 »

svac83 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 pm So blue devils at 12-8 get the 7th seed. Interesting. Sounds to me like teams 3-6 didn’t want blue devils in first round. Seems like Zane trace might of known blue devils were going to get a low seed . Since they showed up in point pleasant to scout them last night.

Blue devils just need to take care of business and get to the Saturday game against Jackson. Jackson has had our number lately. But it is what it is now. Time to just play.
Your Right svac83 The Blue Devils are 12 and 8 and lost 3 games by 2 points another in double overtime and are a 7 seed and Unioto gets the six seed at 9 and 10 you have got to be kidding me, but it is what it is and you have to play somebody so we play River Valley and if we win then Jackson who I think we match up very well with and if we play our A game we can beat them! We played Fairland on their home court who beat Jackson and if it hadn't been for that last second luck shot from three quarter court the Blue Devils could have won that game. So let toss the ball up and lets see what we can do!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

svac83 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 pm So blue devils at 12-8 get the 7th seed. Interesting. Sounds to me like teams 3-6 didn’t want blue devils in first round. Seems like Zane trace might of known blue devils were going to get a low seed . Since they showed up in point pleasant to scout them last night.

Blue devils just need to take care of business and get to the Saturday game against Jackson. Jackson has had our number lately. But it is what it is now. Time to just play.
I see it as Unioto wanting the 6 and lobbied for it. For a couple reasons I imagine.

Jackson knows Gallia is a formidable opponent and virtually everyone in this sectional has the ability to beat anyone else, that was basically proven the last month of the season.

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Post by Between the Lines »

I will be very surprised if RV would upset GAHS. So I see GAHS and Jackson doing head to head. I think GAHS is better than everyone gives them credit. The Blue Devils plays as a team and works the ball well. They can play good defense when staying focus. Jackson plays a run and gun offense relying on two shot makers who do not shoot very well percentage wise. Also I was told their middle man and third leading scorer was out of action against Chillicothe. (No word on his status for the rest of the season). Past him they have no other scorers. If the Devils can stop one of Jackson's guns, they can keep the game close. If the refs call tight, you might just see GAHS & Warren in the Convo !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Between the lines this game will not be called tight. It may but I will be shocked. This is a tournament game look for refs to swallow the whistle and let them play just like what we saw at fairland on the road. What there was 8 total fouls in that game in 3 quarters with kids all over court. Same at home against Portsmouth.

It’s tournament time physical play will be rewarded. That doesn’t bug me. Gallia learned there lesson 2 years ago against waverly. That if they didn’t get physical they had no shot in tourney play.

Since then we have gotten much more physical.

As far as Jackson game goes. They are a better team then we are. Not that we can’t win this game because I think we can very easily we do not need our best effort but we need to play well.

I don’t like the Jackson matchup they are trying o much like us except they do it a little better. Plus what they don’t have is 7 seniors who are finally banding together with one purpose.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 pm Friday 2/22 6:00
Waverly v Greenfield

Friday 2/22 8:30
Unioto v Washington

Too bad this is a split session!!

Waverly and Greenfield tied for the 4th seed and Greenfield won the tiebreaker.
Not that it matters cause they play each other regardless but what was the tiebreaker?

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

smurray wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:35 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 pm Friday 2/22 6:00
Waverly v Greenfield

Friday 2/22 8:30
Unioto v Washington

Too bad this is a split session!!

Waverly and Greenfield tied for the 4th seed and Greenfield won the tiebreaker.
Not that it matters cause they play each other regardless but what was the tiebreaker?
Was wondering the same thing.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Tiebreaker is how the other 8 coaches placed them.

5 had McClain over Waverly
3 had Waverly over McClain.

They both beat Jackson at home.

McClain had wins over ZT and Adena

Waverly had wins over Athens and OH.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

SEOAL74 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:05 pm Your Right svac83 The Blue Devils are 12 and 8 and lost 3 games by 2 points another in double overtime and are a 7 seed and Unioto gets the six seed at 9 and 10 you have got to be kidding me, but it is what it is and you have to play somebody so we play River Valley and if we win then Jackson who I think we match up very well with and if we play our A game we can beat them! We played Fairland on their home court who beat Jackson and if it hadn't been for that last second luck shot from three quarter court the Blue Devils could have won that game. So let toss the ball up and lets see what we can do!
That 3/4 court shot was at the end of the 2nd qtr.

Post by SEOAL74 »

SEOAL74 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Your Right svac83 The Blue Devils are 12 and 8 and lost 3 games by 2 points another in double overtime and are a 7 seed and Unioto gets the six seed at 9 and 11 you have got to be kidding me, but it is what it is and you have to play somebody so we play River Valley and if we win then Jackson who I think we match up very well with and if we play our A game we can beat them! We played Fairland on their home court who beat Jackson and if it hadn't been for that last second luck shot from three quarter court the Blue Devils could have won that game. So let toss the ball up and lets see what we can do!

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:33 pm
SEOAL74 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:05 pm Your Right svac83 The Blue Devils are 12 and 8 and lost 3 games by 2 points another in double overtime and are a 7 seed and Unioto gets the six seed at 9 and 10 you have got to be kidding me, but it is what it is and you have to play somebody so we play River Valley and if we win then Jackson who I think we match up very well with and if we play our A game we can beat them! We played Fairland on their home court who beat Jackson and if it hadn't been for that last second luck shot from three quarter court the Blue Devils could have won that game. So let toss the ball up and lets see what we can do!
That 3/4 court shot was at the end of the 2nd qtr. We know the shot was at the end of second Quarter, but it ended up being a game winner because Gallia cut the lead to 1 point with 1;43 left in game if the kid don't luck that shot in from 3 Quarters of the court Gallia could have been up 2 points and wouldn't had to foul Fairland trying to get the ball back and would had a good chance winning that game. Read the Herald Dispatch it said the same thing I'm telling you read yourself!

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

SEOAL74 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:42 pm
That 3/4 court shot was at the end of the 2nd qtr. We know the shot was at the end of second Quarter, but it ended up being a game winner because Gallia cut the lead to 1 point with 1;43 left in game if the kid don't luck that shot in from 3 Quarters of the court Gallia could have been up 2 points and wouldn't had to foul Fairland trying to get the ball back and would had a good chance winning that game. Read the Herald Dispatch it said the same thing I'm telling you read it for yourself!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gallia voted Jackson lower than any other team in the sectional and put themselves against them. They must want to play Jackson.

I hope they get the film from Fairland

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

SEOAL74 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:43 pm
SEOAL74 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:42 pm

That 3/4 court shot was at the end of the 2nd qtr. We know the shot was at the end of second Quarter, but it ended up being a game winner because Gallia cut the lead to 1 point with 1;43 left in game if the kid don't luck that shot in from 3 Quarters of the court Gallia could have been up 2 points and wouldn't had to foul Fairland trying to get the ball back and would had a good chance winning that game. Read the Herald Dispatch it said the same thing I'm telling you read it for yourself!
Ya know, it’s possible that Unioto might have lost games due to weird things too. It happens. And you never know how a game would play out if something happens or doesn’t happen.

Gallia probably should have been the 6, but maybe Gallia can beat the 4th best team in the sectional according to their voting to get out.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:25 pm Gallia voted Jackson lower than any other team in the sectional and put themselves against them. They must want to play Jackson.

I came here to post that lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Was the voting 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1?

If so 2 coaches didn’t vote according to the results I saw...unless the highest and lowest votes for each team were not counted.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:11 pm Was the voting 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1?

If so 2 coaches didn’t vote according to the results I saw...unless the highest and lowest votes for each team were not counted.
Yes. Highest and lowest were taken out. Obviously, if there were multiples of one, it was only one vote removed for each score.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:31 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:25 pm Gallia voted Jackson lower than any other team in the sectional and put themselves against them. They must want to play Jackson.

I know for a fact Gallia wanted the 6 seed and was counting on playing Washington Courthouse!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don’t know who Harrison wanted to play but I would of not chose court house.

As far as the fairland game that garbage about the half court shot costing them the game is ridiculous and not true. We cut the lead to 28-27 with like 1:15 left to go in 4th you had it to one posssesion you had forced turnovers no matter the defense all night.

We got over aggressive on press and they went over the top for a easy bucket. Down 30-27 with ball over a minute left we waste 20 seconds of clock and threw a unforced turnover out of bounce. That is what put you into the hole and lost the game. The other is a excuse Whiney people make in my opinion.

Gallia needs to keep improving on the changes it made at fairland. That is a winning formula for them. That game plan gives them there best shot.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

SEOAL74 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:21 am

I know for a fact Gallia wanted the 6 seed and was counting on playing Washington Courthouse!
I understand. At 3:00 or so on Friday I was prepared to drive to Gallia to scout. My orders changed and I went to Unioto at Adena.

After January 1 Gallia:

Wins
Coal Grove
Point Pleasant
South Point
Portsmouth
Chesapeake
Rock Hill
River Valley
Point Pleasant
Portsmouth

Losses
Fairland
Ironton
Warren
Coal Grove
Fairland

I think the coaches looked at this and said ?????

Best win was the first game vs D4 Coal Grove. They defeated you recently. The only other 2 wins that have any worth are South Point and Chesapeake. They aren’t seeded highly in the D3 brackets.

Unioto defeated Fairfield Union. 2 seed at Logan
Unioto defeated Greenfield McClain. 4 seed at Southeastern.

We just beat Unioto 47-42 on Tuesday in an absolute battle. It’s no favor to us to play Unioto in a Sectional Final. But I think the coaches seeded Unioto and Gallipolis correctly.

I understand if you disagree.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 am
SEOAL74 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:21 am

I understand. At 3:00 or so on Friday I was prepared to drive to Gallia to scout. My orders changed and I went to Unioto at Adena.

After January 1 Gallia:

Wins
Coal Grove
Point Pleasant
South Point
Portsmouth
Chesapeake
Rock Hill
River Valley
Point Pleasant
Portsmouth

Losses
Fairland
Ironton
Warren
Coal Grove
Fairland

I think the coaches looked at this and said ?????

Best win was the first game vs D4 Coal Grove. They defeated you recently. The only other 2 wins that have any worth are South Point and Chesapeake. They aren’t seeded highly in the D3 brackets.

Unioto defeated Fairfield Union. 2 seed at Logan
Unioto defeated Greenfield McClain. 4 seed at Southeastern.

We just beat Unioto 47-42 on Tuesday in an absolute battle. It’s no favor to us to play Unioto in a Sectional Final. But I think the coaches seeded Unioto and Gallipolis correctly.

I understand if you disagree.
You can look at Unioto schedule they got beat by Piketon by 5 points and Chesapeake beat Piketon and Gallia Academy beat Chesapeake 68 to 57 and Gallia Beat Athens at Athens Unioto beat Fairfield Union also in Dec as Gallia did Athens. It's is what it's and People will find out this Gallia Academy team is a dangerous team. We played Warren @ Gallia Academy it was a 3 point game with 1;03 left in 3rd quarter we had the ball a chance to tie the game or cut the lead to a single point when the ref call terrible offense foul on Call that resulted in two techinals that foul Call out of game gave Warren 4 foul shots and the ball lead went from 3 to 10 in that spurted. I talked to Warren coach after the game and he said that play change to whole complexion of the game plus Warren didn't play that Friday they were there scouting while Gallia have a hard fought battle with Ironton that went to double ot and if Gallia makes their free throws at the end of regulation and in first ot they win game it open the door for Ironton both times and cost them the game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”