All Conference

Re: 2018/19 Vinton County Vikings

Post by vcgrad »

Sweet

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Vinton is strong and young. Hope they schedule up next year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

toldya wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:35 pm Vinton is strong and young. Hope they schedule up next year.
The TVC is extremely tough with Alex, Meigs and NY along with VC. The Vikings have played a decent non conference with Wheelersburg, Unioto and a makeup game left with Warren to play. Who would you like to see VC play next season?

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

I would suggest some tournaments like the route 40 thing.

I do not share your view that the TVC is challenging your girls. Play up and improve.

Of course if TVC Champ works for you enjoy. Kids like to be challenged.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Toldya, there is a fine line between scheduling to be competitive and tested and challenged and beaten. Furthermore, obviously you have not seen a lot of TVC games to make blanket statements like these.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

toldya wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:33 pm I would suggest some tournaments like the route 40 thing.

I do not share your view that the TVC is challenging your girls. Play up and improve.

Of course if TVC Champ works for you enjoy. Kids like to be challenged.
I’d put the top 4 teams in the TVC Ohio this year up against any conference in southern/south east Ohio.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Top 4?

Vinton County - check
Alexander - maybe
Then who else?

The SHL would drill the TVC Ohio top to bottom, the MSL would dominate and I believe the top of the FAC is better.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Dundas I think you make some interesting posts. However I would encourage you to study ladies bb more.

My example would be last year's Lady Vikes. Nice team, nice record, however the tournament trail was not kind to them. To grow you must play teams out of se Ohio.

I say this because of the potential at vc. It is not a criticism.

Picknorth76
Waterboy

Post by Picknorth76 »

I’m a first time poster I basically created a account on my annoyance of the Barlow Bandit: whatever hidden agenda you have of Vinton County leave them alone and find a new hobby instead of constantly bashing this community. I’m a fan of there program because I became a friend of Coach Bentley when he coached my daughters aau team this guy was a significant factor in my daughters development and he was the first one to congratulate us when she received her basketball scholarship. As far as strength of schedule for this team I watched them in summer league when those dedicated parents drove 1.5 hour to play in Newark summer league where they play Newark Tri valley Sheridan Pickerington central and I’m telling you Mr. Bandit they competed with all of them. BENTLEY has his teams play top quality competition in summer to prepare for winter. I watched them play a good team Wheelersburg and these girls down there are as talented as anyone. I was there last year watched them loose to a quality Washington Court House team. There is solid basketball with Sheridan unito Washington Court House and Vinton County down there. I’m thinking if anyone should talk about competition maybe the Barlow Bandit needs to see the big picture and leave the state ranked 15 and 0 hard working kids alone.. Go Vikings !!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

:grabs popcorn:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:55 pm :grabs popcorn:

😂 I argue enough with PooBear and koondogger on the football forum. Lol I think I’ll let the girls play, prove people wrong.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Postponed tonight. All Jackson athletic contests for tonight have been postponed.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Picknorth76 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:02 pm I’m a first time poster I basically created a account on my annoyance of the Barlow Bandit: whatever hidden agenda you have of Vinton County leave them alone and find a new hobby instead of constantly bashing this community. I’m a fan of there program because I became a friend of Coach Bentley when he coached my daughters aau team this guy was a significant factor in my daughters development and he was the first one to congratulate us when she received her basketball scholarship. As far as strength of schedule for this team I watched them in summer league when those dedicated parents drove 1.5 hour to play in Newark summer league where they play Newark Tri valley Sheridan Pickerington central and I’m telling you Mr. Bandit they competed with all of them. BENTLEY has his teams play top quality competition in summer to prepare for winter. I watched them play a good team Wheelersburg and these girls down there are as talented as anyone. I was there last year watched them loose to a quality Washington Court House team. There is solid basketball with Sheridan unito Washington Court House and Vinton County down there. I’m thinking if anyone should talk about competition maybe the Barlow Bandit needs to see the big picture and leave the state ranked 15 and 0 hard working kids alone.. Go Vikings !!!
Yeah, sorry, I guess I am the only one not allowed to have an opinion. As for Wheelersburg, they are mid SOCII, nothing special and they are also DIII. Warren is even having a down year by our standards, however at the end of the day, there is a BIG difference between DII basketball and the TVC OHIO or SOCII.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

15-0

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

Barlow bandit is always a hater when it comes to VC athletics especially boy and girls BB, I guess when you have a dynasty like combs at your school and hopefully the start of a dynasty with coach Bentley, I guess there’s nothing else to be but jealous! As for these girls, they are tough expect a deep playoff run this year, they start 3 freshman a sophomore and a junior, the starting pg at the beginning of the year is out for the season but she’s also only a sophomore! Gonna be the team to beat in SE Ohio for the next 2-3 years! Go Vikings!

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Amock0905 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:02 pm Barlow bandit is always a hater when it comes to VC athletics especially boy and girls BB, I guess when you have a dynasty like combs at your school and hopefully the start of a dynasty with coach Bentley, I guess there’s nothing else to be but jealous! As for these girls, they are tough expect a deep playoff run this year, they start 3 freshman a sophomore and a junior, the starting pg at the beginning of the year is out for the season but she’s also only a sophomore! Gonna be the team to beat in SE Ohio for the next 2-3 years! Go Vikings!
He’s still bitter his game plan for Doseck didn’t work. VC is really good. VC, Unioto, and Sheridan are tough

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

16-0

Mr 1000
Waterboy

Post by Mr 1000 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:28 pm16-0
You should give the readers a little insight on the game once in a while. All we ever see from you is VC record, how about some stats every so often.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Mr 1000 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:01 am
Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:28 pm16-0
You should give the readers a little insight on the game once in a while. All we ever see from you is VC record, how about some stats every so often.
Listen in as Lugs and Nathan discuss the last two weeks of action for the Vinton County Boys/Girls basketball teams, Wrestling and Bowling! We interview Coaches Matt Combs, Rod Bentley and Marcus Games. Each segment is listed in the description with the time! Enjoy!

www.vcvikings.com
www.podbean.com (search the Viking RedZone)
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 2670178068

thebarlowbandit
All State

Amock0905 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:02 pm Barlow bandit is always a hater when it comes to VC athletics especially boy and girls BB, I guess when you have a dynasty like combs at your school and hopefully the start of a dynasty with coach Bentley, I guess there’s nothing else to be but jealous! As for these girls, they are tough expect a deep playoff run this year, they start 3 freshman a sophomore and a junior, the starting pg at the beginning of the year is out for the season but she’s also only a sophomore! Gonna be the team to beat in SE Ohio for the next 2-3 years! Go Vikings!
Oh, I’m sorry, I guess Warren doesn’t have a basketball dynasty. How many trips does Combs have? Warren? Keep telling yourself!

Return to “Girls Basketball”