Logan Sectonal

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan Sectonal

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:54 am
Sportsfanallnitelong wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:33 am Pfloyd, you stated earlier on this thread that if Sheridan drops them two games that you would give the one seed to FU if they run the table. Since FU first game after your post, they loose to LE last night!! Trap game, you called THAT!!! Just curious, what’s your prediction on the seeds right NOW with a whole lot of basketball still to be played?
1. Sheridan
2. FU (the Falcons needed to win out up to the draw to get the #1)
3. Athens
4. Warren ... toughest schedule leading up to the draw - @ Gallia, @ John Glenn, @ Parkersburg Catholic, @Meadowbrook
5. Logan Elm
6. Vinton County
7. Marietta
8. Circleville
9. New Lex
10. Westfall
... too bad that the seeding meetings are done online now - THIS YEAR would be a great "face to face" meeting between the coaches to decide the seedings ... with it online - the overall records is what most will go by ... the head to heads are interesting:

Sheridan ... W over New Lex/ W over New Lex , L to Fairfield Union

Fairfield Union ... W vs Sheridan (the team which will have the best record in the sectional) ... W vs LE/L vs LE ...W over Circleville plays VC before the draw

Athens ... W over VC in game one /L gm two Vinton Co , W over Marietta, W New Lex, L to Warren

Warren ... L Marietta, W Marietta, W New Lex, W Athens ... playing the toughest schedule in the sectional

Logan Elm ... L FU/W FU, W Circleville, W Westfall

Vinton County ... L to Athens/ W vs Athens , big game with FU on the 29th at VC

... strength of schedule would be a good starting point, wins/losses vs non league D2's & higher outside the logan sectional ... lots of factors but as I posted it will be wins & losses as THE factor especially without a round table conversation between the sectional participants ...

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Is SE the only District that uses preset seeding matchups? I know the Central and the East the better seeds get to pick their spots and possible matchups. That combined the internet voting and lack of accountability makes the process very unreliable IMO. There is nothing to stop a team from voting another team way down or way up just to try to avoid them. It's also silly to have a 3 day window open where teams can put their record in and change it or not change it depending on if it helps or hurts them. Window should open either on friday or saturday night, coaches would have 12 hours to put their records in and then vote either online (in a 2-3 hour window) or in person on sunday. But good luck getting SE to change anything in their tournament formats. I mean why are the sectionsals different for baseball and basketball???
As far as strength of schedule and records, it's hard to compare either in the SE with different leagues and different non league opponents. Using DII and higher non league opponents in theory seems good, but is beating a bad DII or DI school any better than beating a really good DIII or DIV?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Treyman3 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:18 pm Is SE the only District that uses preset seeding matchups? I know the Central and the East the better seeds get to pick their spots and possible matchups. That combined the internet voting and lack of accountability makes the process very unreliable IMO. There is nothing to stop a team from voting another team way down or way up just to try to avoid them. It's also silly to have a 3 day window open where teams can put their record in and change it or not change it depending on if it helps or hurts them. Window should open either on friday or saturday night, coaches would have 12 hours to put their records in and then vote either online (in a 2-3 hour window) or in person on sunday. But good luck getting SE to change anything in their tournament formats. I mean why are the sectionsals different for baseball and basketball???
As far as strength of schedule and records, it's hard to compare either in the SE with different leagues and different non league opponents. Using DII and higher non league opponents in theory seems good, but is beating a bad DII or DI school any better than beating a really good DIII or DIV?
Yep, we still run that old style. Should be Pick your own path. Thought it would change after Comb’s said he voted for Logan elm as the #1 seed because they were the weakest team. VC was the 4 seed

warrior1
Waterboy

Post by warrior1 »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:09 pm
Treyman3 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:18 pm Is SE the only District that uses preset seeding matchups? I know the Central and the East the better seeds get to pick their spots and possible matchups. That combined the internet voting and lack of accountability makes the process very unreliable IMO. There is nothing to stop a team from voting another team way down or way up just to try to avoid them. It's also silly to have a 3 day window open where teams can put their record in and change it or not change it depending on if it helps or hurts them. Window should open either on friday or saturday night, coaches would have 12 hours to put their records in and then vote either online (in a 2-3 hour window) or in person on sunday. But good luck getting SE to change anything in their tournament formats. I mean why are the sectionsals different for baseball and basketball???
Yep, we still run that old style. Should be Pick your own path. Thought it would change after Comb’s said he voted for Logan elm as the #1 seed because they were the weakest team. VC was the 4 seed
He said that? How did last year end up between VC and LE? On a side note, I wish that our district went to a new style like the Central. Just wish...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

warrior1 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:42 pm
He said that? How did last year end up between VC and LE? On a side note, I wish that our district went to a new style like the Central. Just wish...
I’m not sure we were even doing the online voting in 2015 when that could have happened.

Every other district in the state does their tournament seeding differently than the SE.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Pull up that episode of the roundball podcast and you’ll hear combs say that he felt like LE was the best team. He gave numerous reasons as to why and oh by the way, LE won the district that year. Nice try though.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:29 pm
Pull up that episode of the roundball podcast and you’ll hear combs say that he felt like LE was the best team. He gave numerous reasons as to why and oh by the way, LE won the district that year. Nice try though.
Ohhh, so that was the year that Warren beat Athens by 20, then LE beat Warren by 15+ to win the District. I can’t believe Combs was proven correct lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:53 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:29 pm

Ohhh, so that was the year that Warren beat Athens by 20, then LE beat Warren by 15+ to win the District. I can’t believe Combs was proven correct lol
That was the year!! Hahah but VC wanted LE because they were the weaker of the three! Smh! If there’s one thing that I’ve learned in the 18 years of knowing coach combs, its not to doubt his knowledge of basketball. Maybe his golf game, but not basketball.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Believe what you want

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

FU takes care of Vinton Co at VC 56 - 39.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

FU might be the best team in the district and will be the 4 seed

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:17 pm FU might be the best team in the district and will be the 4 seed
That's why pfloyd should do the seeding.......lol!!!!!

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Teams/Record/Remaining games before seeding
1. Sheridan 15-2 (Philo, TriValley
2. Athens 13-4 (Jackson, Meigs)
3. Warren 11-5 (Parkersburgh Catholic, Meadowbrook)
4. Fairfield Union 11-6 (Teays Valley, Amanda, Beechcroft)
5. Vinton County 8-8 (Nelsonville, Miami Trace, Kipp Acadamy)
6. Logan Elm 9-8 (Circleville,Hamilton Twp)
7. Circleville 6-12 (Berne Union, Logan Elm, Liberty Union
8. Marietta 5-12 (Meigs, Coshocton)
9. New Lex 5-11 (West M, Morgan, Rosecrans)
10. Westfall 5-13 (Zane Trace, Paint Valley)
Last edited by Treyman3 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

How I'd seed it at the moment.
1. Sheridan
2. Fairfield
3. Warren
4. Athens
5. Vinton
6. Logan Elm
7. Marietta
8. Circleville
9. New Lex
10. Westfall

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

My picks
1. Sheridan
2. Athens
3. Warren
4. Fairfield
5. Vinton
6. Logan Elm
7. Circleville
8. Marietta
9. New Lex
10. Westfall

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Warren should be in front of Athens. Drilled Athens when they played and Warren plays a way better schedule.
Warren should be #2 on their schedule alone.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Sheridan
Warren
FFU
Athens
Logan Elm
VC
Marietta
Circleville
New Lex
Westfall

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:03 pm Sheridan
Warren
FFU
Athens
Logan Elm
VC
Marietta
Circleville
New Lex
Westfall
Agree

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

25th Street NW wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:47 pm Warren should be in front of Athens. Drilled Athens when they played and Warren plays a way better schedule.
It was 36-35 heading into the 4th. Lol

But I agree, warriors earned the spot above Athens

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:51 pm
25th Street NW wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:47 pm Warren should be in front of Athens. Drilled Athens when they played and Warren plays a way better schedule.
It was 36-35 heading into the 4th. Lol

But I agree, warriors earned the spot above Athens
Agreed thought I switched the two.

Return to “Boys Basketball”