2019 DV Region 20

ravensfan09
JV Team

Re: 2019 DV Region 20

Post by ravensfan09 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:24 am Burg in D5 could win state. Burg in D4, the 5th best team in the region. Burg will have to keep that CB number down
Not so sure about this statement. They won the State Title in D4 in 1989.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:24 am Burg in D5 could win state. Burg in D4, the 5th best team in the region. Burg will have to keep that CB number down
I'm unsure that Burg will be a state championship caliber team this year. There will be a lot of opportunity for underclassmen to step into the positions that they have been waiting for, but a lot of unknowns going into the season. Wheelersburg always has some unknowns, but continuously fields solid, competitive teams no matter how many holes they have to fill. I don't see that being any different this year. I think 9-1 or 8-2 regular season, with yet another Regional Final appearance is within reach this year, and I am excited to see some new faces making plays for the Pirates.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:20 pm
I'm unsure that Burg will be a state championship caliber team this year. There will be a lot of opportunity for underclassmen to step into the positions that they have been waiting for, but a lot of unknowns going into the season. Wheelersburg always has some unknowns, but continuously fields solid, competitive teams no matter how many holes they have to fill. I don't see that being any different this year. I think 9-1 or 8-2 regular season, with yet another Regional Final appearance is within reach this year, and I am excited to see some new faces making plays for the Pirates.
Totally agree. I have seen Burg have a dominant player at one position that you think is irreplaceable, and the next year they are just as good with someone else. They have a tremendous program!

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:54 am So Burg was 6 boys away from D4 this past year, and had a competitive balance of plus 30. Burg always tells us that those kids have been at Burg since elementary so each of them counts as a plus 1 for competitive balance.
The freshman class is 39 kids bigger then the senior class, let’s assume that it’s equal boys and girls so burg would rise 19 boys in enrollment. Meaning with their current CB they would be 13 boys over D4 cut. So either kids are leaving, Burgs CB is being cut in almost half, which I find strange as everyone tells us how many kids want to go there, or they will be in D4. We’re there 13 kids in the senior class that lived out of district? And none in the freshman? That seems unlikely.

Were the enrollment numbers listed before or after the band situation?? I was told they lost some numbers there.

Or is Burg just hoping the cut line is changed?
This is where you are messing up. you are ASSuming an equal split boys/girls in reality its almost 2 girls for every boy in the current 8th grade class.
which results in a lower number of boys when compared to the senior class that is exiting

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg always has a shot in D5

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Blitz wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:46 pm
Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:54 am So Burg was 6 boys away from D4 this past year, and had a competitive balance of plus 30. Burg always tells us that those kids have been at Burg since elementary so each of them counts as a plus 1 for competitive balance.
The freshman class is 39 kids bigger then the senior class, let’s assume that it’s equal boys and girls so burg would rise 19 boys in enrollment. Meaning with their current CB they would be 13 boys over D4 cut. So either kids are leaving, Burgs CB is being cut in almost half, which I find strange as everyone tells us how many kids want to go there, or they will be in D4. We’re there 13 kids in the senior class that lived out of district? And none in the freshman? That seems unlikely.

Were the enrollment numbers listed before or after the band situation?? I was told they lost some numbers there.

This is where you are messing up. you are ASSuming an equal split boys/girls in reality its almost 2 girls for every boy in the current 8th grade class.
which results in a lower number of boys when compared to the senior class that is exiting
I could very well be wrong in that assumption, however it’s a fair assumption as Burg currently has more boys then girls according to OHSAA numbers at 175 to 149.

Also the 8th grade class has no barring on next years divisions as the state will take the numbers from this years 9th-11th grade classes

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:00 pm

I could very well be wrong in that assumption, however it’s a fair assumption as Burg currently has more boys then girls according to OHSAA numbers at 175 to 149.

Also the 8th grade class has no barring on next years divisions as the state will take the numbers from this years 9th-11th grade classes
The 8th grade is low on boys numbers. The 7th grade is loaded with boys. 30 kids played football in 7th grade

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

i didnt claim the 8th class counted. just using them as an example which i know is a 65/35 split cause i have a daughter in that class. it puts a huge hole in you "theory " above thats all.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Blitz wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:27 pm

i didnt claim the 8th class counted. just using them as an example which i know is a 65/35 split cause i have a daughter in that class. it puts a huge hole in you "theory " above thats all.
True.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Blitz wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:27 pm

And I didn’t say that you claimed they counted just making clear to everyone that they don’t.

Well your daughters class differs from the rest of the district then because as a whole the district is made up 798 boys and 798 girls, according to the Ohio department of Education.

High school 194 girls, 192 boys
JR high 311 girls to 322 boys
Elementary 293 girls to 284boys

Resulting in a 50/50 split district wide
A 50.2 /49.8 split in the high school
A 49.1 / 50.9 split in JR high
A 50.8/ 49.2 split in the elementary

So your daughters 65/35 split seems to be a real anomaly compared to the over all district and each individual school.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Yes its definitely the odd class. Very good class to be a boy lol. I spoke to AD yesterday. we will be D5

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Blitz wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:01 am Yes its definitely the odd class. Very good class to be a boy lol. I spoke to AD yesterday. we will be D5
So to get back to the conversation in which the topic was intended, who are the contenders for Region 20 this year?

Initially I am thinking CHCA is going to field a solid team this year. From what I heard last year, they were all very young, so having that experience back will be key (although they were smacked by Madison). Any thoughts?

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I would think West Jeff should be in the conversation. They field a good team every year it seems

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Blitz wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:38 am I would think West Jeff should be in the conversation. They field a good team every year it seems
That was my next thought. Anyone know what they return?

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Blitz wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:01 am Yes its definitely the odd class. Very good class to be a boy lol. I spoke to AD yesterday. we will be D5
Lmao, good class to be a boy in, I’m dyeing.
Good class to be the father of a girl in too, not having so many boys to worry about lol

Really though I just can’t figure out how the AD could know that when, they don’t know the other schools enrollments, or CB. They don’t know where the cut line will be so even knowing what their number will be doesn’t really let them know where they fall.

Only way I can see knowing and it’s still not definitive at that point is if this out going class has far more boys that add to the CB then the incoming class. If our going has a plus 15 then maybe, but I doubt one class makes up half thier CB. Just have to wait and see I guess

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

ravensfan09 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:19 pm
Not so sure about this statement. They won the State Title in D4 in 1989.
Only 5 divisions vs 7 now. D5 now is pretty much what D4 was then.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:29 am
Lmao, good class to be a boy in, I’m dyeing.
Good class to be the father of a girl in too, not having so many boys to worry about lol

Really though I just can’t figure out how the AD could know that when, they don’t know the other schools enrollments, or CB. They don’t know where the cut line will be so even knowing what their number will be doesn’t really let them know where they fall.

Only way I can see knowing and it’s still not definitive at that point is if this out going class has far more boys that add to the CB then the incoming class. If our going has a plus 15 then maybe, but I doubt one class makes up half thier CB. Just have to wait and see I guess
Wouldn’t the AD have enough info to make a pretty good guess? Every time this comes up posters always have burg moving up. One poster a few years back had them moving up all the way to D3

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

He knows a few things we don’t know, thier exact male enrollment, and expected CB, however he does not know what the other schools numbers will be so it is impossible for him to know, unless 15 boys or so left after the band situation, or the senior class had a much higher CB then the freshmen. So yes he has more info, but at best it is still a guess, until the OHSAA sets cut off for divisions.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

This is why I love the administration at burg. They have a problem so solution just get rid of the worthless bandies.

Cut band
Suspend and expell all trash students
=D5 forever baby!

This is what happens when an administration full of red meat eating, MAGA hat wearing, non sissy, football first can accomplish.

D3 is for losers

I like my version better but now we have proof that the board and administration all colluded. Hire the worst person for the male band students. Burg collusion leads to d5! The means no matter how justify the end.
CB < Burg
Last edited by allamericanironman on Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:36 pm This is why I love the administration at burg. They have a problem so solution just get rid of the worthless bandies.

Cut band
Suspend and expell all trash students
=D5 forever baby!

This is what happens when an administration full of red meat eating, MAGA hat wearing, non sissy, football first can accomplish.

D3 is for losers
Cold water may be added. CHCA will be a contender but other than that it may be the weakest overall. Burg could have an easy path to another regional. The AD said he thinks burg should be lower than last year. Band wasn’t cut, the band director left, he was replaced with a guy that some of the band members didn’t care for.

Return to “Football”