Logan Sectonal

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan Sectonal

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:43 pm
TravisHill222 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:49 pm
bman wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Bingo, and correct about the lack of height. Three starters are 5-10 and another is 5-8. Kids are playing hard and the coaches are working their tails off. Been in every game this season except for two.

Travis, if you can wave your magic wand and turn the starting lineup into 6-2 juniors and seniors, then maybe you'll get the result you want. Give it up. You've been told the same answers over and over.
Bman it’s been this way for 3 or 4 years now and the talent level just isn’t there
The talent is there, the size isn't. It's a complete package. Those kids are pretty skilled players, but a 5-10 player can only do so much.
... 14/15 year old bodies vs 17/18 old bodies - the maturity to bang with the big boys "ain't" there ... tons of skills in this group - they aren't even supposed to be varsity players on most teams until NEXT year ... I've seen a lot of players over the years -this group IS outstanding - they will only get better as they get stronger and stronger physically ... not sure what TH222 wants to see ? big bodies who aren't playing basketball ? you play with what you DO have ... it's a tired complaint ... enjoy these kids as they grow into a quality LE TEAM there junior/senior years ...

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:19 pm
TravisHill222 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:49 pm

Bman it’s been this way for 3 or 4 years now and the talent level just isn’t there
The talent is there, the size isn't. It's a complete package. Those kids are pretty skilled players, but a 5-10 player can only do so much.
... 14/15 year old bodies vs 17/18 old bodies - the maturity to bang with the big boys "ain't" there ... tons of skills in this group - they aren't even supposed to be varsity players on most teams until NEXT year ... I've seen a lot of players over the years -this group IS outstanding - they will only get better as they get stronger and stronger physically ... not sure what TH222 wants to see ? big bodies who aren't playing basketball ? you play with what you DO have ... it's a tired complaint ... enjoy these kids as they grow into a quality LE TEAM there junior/senior years ...
Cmon Pfloyd these freshman are suppose to be better in year 2 but instead their hovering around .500 and could be in danger of not making it to the Convo for the 3rd year in a row. I’m not the only fan on here who can’t believe LE is 6-7

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan Elm should go in the section until they go up against a team with big/tall fast players. As long as the boy size is equal LE wins. One big guy shouldn't stop the Braves. That big team better have a good guard too.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

TravisHill222 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:55 am

Cmon Pfloyd these freshman are suppose to be better in year 2 but instead their hovering around .500 and could be in danger of not making it to the Convo for the 3rd year in a row. I’m not the only fan on here who can’t believe LE is 6-7
Look back at how many times Logan Elm made the district tournament in the three decades before Coach Stiverson arrived and then how many they have since.

Logan Elm has also improved from last year. A reason why they won the Teays Valley game was getting to the basket, something they had real difficulty with last year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

TravisHill222 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:55 am

Uhhh, they made the Convo in 2017.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I understand being a fan of a team and having high expectations ... but no school/team is impervious to a few down years.

Logan Elm is considered a top 5, or at least top 10, basketball program in the southeast district (with a top 5 or at least top 10 coach)

Period.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Logan Elm takes down Fairfield Union tonight 41-30. How does this shake things up?

Anyone have a new up to date list they would like to share?

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Sheridan and Warren are the 1-2 in some order

After that, no idea. Fairfield Union has a killer schedule, but a couple of duds. Athens has struggled with good teams. I still think those are the 3-4.

Logan Elm and Vinton County after them and then it doesn’t matter.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:12 am I understand being a fan of a team and having high expectations ... but no school/team is impervious to a few down years.

Logan Elm is considered a top 5, or at least top 10, basketball program in the southeast district (with a top 5 or at least top 10 coach)

Period.
Agree 100%....also sounds like a good topic

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

HamPorter wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:32 pm Sheridan and Warren are the 1-2 in some order

After that, no idea. Fairfield Union has a killer schedule, but a couple of duds. Athens has struggled with good teams. I still think those are the 3-4.

Did Sheridan fall to Fairfield Union earlier?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:09 pm
HamPorter wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:32 pm Sheridan and Warren are the 1-2 in some order

Did Sheridan fall to Fairfield Union earlier?
Yes. 69-61 at FFU.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Thanks

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

Can someone update the records with accurate records. The first page show some with the wrong records. Thanks.

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:57 am
bman wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:31 am Sheridan
FU
Warren
Athens
Vinton
LE
Marietta
Circleville
New Lex
Westfall
... Sheridan plays John Glenn/Philo as their "competition" before the seedings ... I'm going to say they drop both of those games ... FU has trap games with LE & VC and a good Amanda TEAM ... if FU runs the table before the seeding I'm giving them the #1 ... the rest of the lineup you have bman I'm on board with ...
Curious as to what you've seen from John Glenn and Philo to say Sheridan will drop both those games?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Treyman3 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:37 am
pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:57 am
bman wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:31 am Sheridan
FU
Warren
Athens
Vinton
LE
Marietta
Circleville
New Lex
Westfall
... Sheridan plays John Glenn/Philo as their "competition" before the seedings ... I'm going to say they drop both of those games ... FU has trap games with LE & VC and a good Amanda TEAM ... if FU runs the table before the seeding I'm giving them the #1 ... the rest of the lineup you have bman I'm on board with ...
Curious as to what you've seen from John Glenn and Philo to say Sheridan will drop both those games?
... I haven't seen either team (JG or Philo) ... so my post is my gut feeling that JG will keep being JG with a win to take the MVL title /Philo is the toss up I was trying to find a possible loss for SHS before the seedings - Philo played SHS close in round 1 ... John Glenn imo is the class of the MVL already having beaten Sheridan ... JG plays by far a tougher schedule than Sheridan - Warren, New Philly,Massillon Perry, Meadowbrook, Cambridge ... Philo LOST to Sheridan by 3 points waaaay early in the season at Philo ... I'm going with Philo having improved/seen SHS /better game plan ... to be within 3 of Sheridan they must matchup well with the Sheridan or do we go with Sheridan had a bad game ...

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Game was at Philo, and Sheridan did have a 15 point lead in the 4th, game was not as close as final score indicated. But Philo is a nice group with some size. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "better game plan"???
As for John Glenn, Sheridan lost a game that could have gone either way first time at JG, I believe Sheridan won the 2nd matchup with them last year,. And yeah JG plays a nice non league schedule, so I guess that makes them a better team?
Should be 2 good games but seems far feteched to assume Sheridan would drop both.

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Pfloyd, you stated earlier on this thread that if Sheridan drops them two games that you would give the one seed to FU if they run the table. Since FU first game after your post, they loose to LE last night!! Trap game, you called THAT!!! Just curious, what’s your prediction on the seeds right NOW with a whole lot of basketball still to be played?

Old man
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Treyman3 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:16 am Game was at Philo, and Sheridan did have a 15 point lead in the 4th, game was not as close as final score indicated. But Philo is a nice group with some size. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "better game plan"???
As for John Glenn, Sheridan lost a game that could have gone either way first time at JG, I believe Sheridan won the 2nd matchup with them last year,. And yeah JG plays a nice non league schedule, so I guess that makes them a better team?
Should be 2 good games but seems far feteched to assume Sheridan would drop both.
... in the context of the original post - I was trying to find who if anyone, on Sheridan's schedule would give them "games" that could be possible losses as the Sheridan schedule is not a strong one - the ONLY POSSIBILITIES were JG and Philo (with the Philo pick only because of the closeness of the first game) ... John Glenn playing a tougher schedule imo does make them better prepared to play "a Sheridan" at home ... JG's schedule prepares them for the post season ... "a better game plan" when you play a team once - either what you did worked or it didn't - the opposition plays games , you scout - come up with a better game plan or you tweak what you did the first time ... both games should be good games ... YES it is far fetched to think SHS would lose both game- but it was also far fetched to think they would lose back to back to JG and FU ... as was pointed out by another Sheridan fan - Sheridan had a bad game vs FU ... so don't worry about Sheridan losing both games - I thought FU would win out up to the sectional draw - giving them the #1 seed - they lost to Logan Elm last night - so THAT proves I don't know what I'm talking about anyway ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Sportsfanallnitelong wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:33 am Pfloyd, you stated earlier on this thread that if Sheridan drops them two games that you would give the one seed to FU if they run the table. Since FU first game after your post, they loose to LE last night!! Trap game, you called THAT!!! Just curious, what’s your prediction on the seeds right NOW with a whole lot of basketball still to be played?
1. Sheridan
2. FU (the Falcons needed to win out up to the draw to get the #1)
3. Athens
4. Warren ... toughest schedule leading up to the draw - @ Gallia, @ John Glenn, @ Parkersburg Catholic, @Meadowbrook
5. Logan Elm
6. Vinton County
7. Marietta
8. Circleville
9. New Lex
10. Westfall

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Sheridan's non league isn't quite as tough as JG, but they do have FU and Logan and added LIcking Heights (although they are underachieving this year) who is a larger school is normally very athletic. Licking Valley and Liberty Union aren't pushovers either. MSL probably is stronger than MVL as far as depth this year as there doesn't seem to be a real easy win in that league, but some of the usual top teams are little down from where they usuall are such as Bloom Carroll and Teays Valley. The MVL has a couple bad teams at bottom but still has some strong programs as well. As you stated earlier this sectional is pretty balanced. I dont' think any of the teams in this sectional an afford to have a bad night and expect to walk away with an easy win come tournment time.

Return to “Boys Basketball”