2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

79Tiger
All Conference

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by 79Tiger »

All of this nonsense about transfers etc goes absolutely nowhere. If a player has a Burg jersey on at the start of the season, even if he lives in Timbuktu, it doesn't matter. He plays for the Burg and represents the Burg. Same with any other school. Get over it.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Still sports should foster an environment of fairness and loyalty. If adults and school districts allow this type of behavior what are we teaching kids? Hey if you don't like something you don't have to work to make it the best you can be, just move around until you find the easy way out. Also in high school it says a lot about competitive equality, no district should be able to create an unfair advantage. I feel bad for any player who now has less of an opportunity to play because of even as few as one kid who moved in just to get out of a different school district. I'm not saying any player on burg moved or transferred for right or wrong reasons, but when you develop a pattern and win...Haters gonna Hate even if it's legit! So Burg fans, no one has to get over it more than you might need to get over other schools beating the dead horse, if you win and have a high CB #, you will continue to hear it from the peanut gallery.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:10 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 pm Anyone know how long the deal with blazer and greenup co is? I seen on arbiter that we picked up chillicothe in 2020
At least for two seasons. Looks like the Chillicothe game will be replacing the Bishop Hartley game.
Not real impressed with the GC pick up b/c we have scheduled them a couple times in recent yrs and they always end up dropping us after we kick their asses the first game. I can’t wait for the game against blazer. I’ve been wanting to see us play them forever. The chillicothe pick up in 2020 should be a good one

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:32 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 pm Anyone know how long the deal with blazer and greenup co is? I seen on arbiter that we picked up chillicothe in 2020
At least for two seasons. Looks like the Chillicothe game will be replacing the Bishop Hartley game.
Not real impressed with the GC pick up b/c we have scheduled them a couple times in recent yrs and they always end up dropping us after we kick their asses the first game. I can’t wait for the game against blazer. I’ve been wanting to see us play them forever. The chillicothe pick up in 2020 should be a good one
GC has been better in recent years. Plus if it is only a two year deal, then that would be a good slot to put another Hartley or Waterson type team in.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:36 pm

GC has been better in recent years. Plus if it is only a two year deal, then that would be a good slot to put another Hartley or Waterson type team in.
Yea not to mention their QB committed to Marshall this past fall.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:36 pm

I’d like to see the watterson game stay on the schedule. That or maybe look to cincy for a D2 or D3 school. There is some down that way that I think could be a good pick up

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

GC quarterback is supposed to be very good. I believe he threw for about 2000 yards.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg will reload. They just need to figure out QB position. They will be smaller but a lot quicker on the defensive side of the ball. I think they will be like johnstown defensively next year. A little undersized but really fast.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:28 pm Burg will reload. They just need to figure out QB position. They will be smaller but a lot quicker on the defensive side of the ball. I think they will be like johnstown defensively next year. A little undersized but really fast.
Not saying they wont be good, but.... they have A LOT of talent and experience to replace.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

40 years ago today a legend was born. Happy Birthday to Coach Woodward. Big 40!

7 come 11
Waterboy

Post by 7 come 11 »

What’s the over/under on the number of transfers the burg will have this year ? I’ll set Irontons at 5

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

7 come 11 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:07 am What’s the over/under on the number of transfers the burg will have this year ? I’ll set Irontons at 5
None.

7 come 11
Waterboy

Post by 7 come 11 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:50 am
7 come 11 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:07 am What’s the over/under on the number of transfers the burg will have this year ? I’ll set Irontons at 5
None.
I’ll take the over

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg should be faster than they have been in the past two seasons. They won't be as big on the defensive side of the ball but will be very quick. I think some will be surprised about this team.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:47 am Burg should be faster than they have been in the past two seasons. They won't be as big on the defensive side of the ball but will be very quick. I think some will be surprised about this team.

😂
Burg will favored in every game. Stop

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:50 am
wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:47 am Burg should be faster than they have been in the past two seasons. They won't be as big on the defensive side of the ball but will be very quick. I think some will be surprised about this team.

😂
No they wont or they shoudnt

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:57 am
Poo Bear wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:50 am

😂
No they wont or they shoudnt
The only game I don’t see burg being favorites is against hartley. Other than that I see them bein at least 14 point favorites in every game

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Not sure I would put them as 14 point favorites at ironton this year, or at Jackson or at home vs Ashland

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Burg will surprise many people this year. I wouldn't doubt that Burg goes into Ironton and comes out with a BIG point victory. Ironton does not have the personnel to handle all the weapons that Burg will have. Burg has rebuilt and with Mathews, Horsley and many more Seniors who will have 43 games played in 3 years, will be impossible to stop this year. Going with 9-1, thinking Hartley will be a tougher game than the others. GO BURG!

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

If Burg finds a QB, they will be just fine. Going into Ironton is no small task, especially when they have the team they will this year. Even with each team having multiple weapons, I think the most important aspect in this game will be in the trenches. Burg returns 4 on the O-line, and multiple guys return on the D-line that saw a lot of playing time. I don't see the Ironton game being a blow out either way, and it is absolutely a game that Burg can come in and take.

Return to “Football”