Jackson @ Wheelersburg

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Jackson @ Wheelersburg

Post by Ironman92 »

Tough task on hand for the Ironmen. Holden went crazy in his final tournament game last year and hasn’t let up since. The Ironmen haven’t been great on the road. They will need to play very well.

Two years ago Holden was a sophomore and Jackson had a couple 6’0 football kids push around on him, it worked then but he’s a much different animal than he was....Jackson is way better than that team as well.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Jackson @ Wheelersburg

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:29 pm Tough task on hand for the Ironmen. Holden went crazy in his final tournament game last year and hasn’t let up since. The Ironmen haven’t been great on the road. They will need to play very well.

Two years ago Holden was a sophomore and Jackson had a couple 6’0 football kids push around on him, it worked then but he’s a much different animal than he was....Jackson is way better than that team as well.
Agree! Ever since the Harvest Prep game last year, he seems to have elevated his over all game. He's shooting the ball so much better now than earlier. He's always been able to get to the foul line, but he's making them now. No doubt that he will get his pts, but if Jackson can play there game, and keep there starters in the game and not in big foul trouble, I think Jackson has enough talent to make this a very good ballgame. Burg is very hard to beat at home, and if they are shooting the 3 real well, it will take a great effort to get the win. I will also say that I think Jackson might be the best all around team that Burg will have played this year.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Wheelersburg very difficult to beat st home. Holden is playing extremly well Jackson is a carbon copy of Waverly. Waverly had it cut to three and the pirates on the ropes so it can be done! Jackson has to exert a lot of ball pressure and make shots. Wish I could take this one in but we play at Court House Tuesday. Both games should be dandies!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Jackson better than Waverly

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:56 pm Wheelersburg very difficult to beat st home. Holden is playing extremly well Jackson is a carbon copy of Waverly. Waverly had it cut to three and the pirates on the ropes so it can be done! Jackson has to exert a lot of ball pressure and make shots. Wish I could take this one in but we play at Court House Tuesday. Both games should be dandies!
I thought carbon copies were the same? Jackson is much longer than Waverly and scores the ball a lot better.

And if Waverly doesn’t beat Court House by 10+ without Steward than they are in trouble in D2

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

HamPorter wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:11 pm
Ukfanatic wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:56 pm Wheelersburg very difficult to beat st home. Holden is playing extremly well Jackson is a carbon copy of Waverly. Waverly had it cut to three and the pirates on the ropes so it can be done! Jackson has to exert a lot of ball pressure and make shots. Wish I could take this one in but we play at Court House Tuesday. Both games should be dandies!
I thought carbon copies were the same? Jackson is much longer than Waverly and scores the ball a lot better.

And if Waverly doesn’t beat Court House by 10+ without Steward than they are in trouble in D2
That will still be tough at Washington

I don’t think Jackson and Waverly are carbon copies but will agree similar. We are more lengthy than normal

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think to be able to not give up an extreme amount of 3s, and to not get into serious foul trouble. I also don't think that Jackson wants to get into a track meet with the Burg, as they have been able to score a boat load of pts this year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:31 pm I think to be able to not give up an extreme amount of 3s, and to not get into serious foul trouble. I also don't think that Jackson wants to get into a track meet with the Burg, as they have been able to score a boat load of pts this year.
I wouldn’t mind watching one though

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:34 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:31 pm I think to be able to not give up an extreme amount of 3s, and to not get into serious foul trouble. I also don't think that Jackson wants to get into a track meet with the Burg, as they have been able to score a boat load of pts this year.
I wouldn’t mind watching one though
I didn't mean that Jackson cant play at that pace, you just never know what might happen.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... from watching the South Webster/Burg game I the Burg is more than happy to get out an run ... it's a "built in" tempo for them as it seemed that on the defensive end when the SW shot up, the burg relied on Holden to get the board as everyone released down the court ... bottom line is the burg pushes the ball and does it well ... lots of very good players surrounding Holden ... Holden IS the man BUT WHS never seemed to offensive give up "other offensive options" to GET the ball to Holden ... it is the offense - Holden handles the ball so well - it makes it difficult for an opponents BIG to guard Holden effectively - might be more effective to guard Holden with a smaller, quicker player that can get him to give up the ball before he gets below the foul line ... WHS is definitely a quality TEAM not a one man show ...

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Gonna be a good one. Who will step up and control the game ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

This has all the makings of a terrific game. Jackson had a little bit of a let down Saturday, they'll need to regroup to compete on the road against a tough Wheelersburg squad. Talent wise, this is probably the strongest opponent on Burg's schedule this year. Burg is the favorite, but I think it'll be close.

Burg 66
Jackson 61

Watching SE Ohio basketball
burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Don't know what Jackson has but I'll tell you one thing. You gotta be able to shoot pretty well to stay with Burg. SW hit big time shots and should have pulled away if it weren't for a few clutch threes by the Burg. I'll take Wheelersburg just as a biased prediction, but looking forward to it, should be a good one.
Burg 75
Jackson 66

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

burgfella69 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:23 am Don't know what Jackson has but I'll tell you one thing. You gotta be able to shoot pretty well to stay with Burg. SW hit big time shots and should have pulled away if it weren't for a few clutch threes by the Burg. I'll take Wheelersburg just as a biased prediction, but looking forward to it, should be a good one.
Burg 75
Jackson 66
They are talented, lengthy, and athletic. They'll have a few different bodies to throw at Holden, but Holden will still be the best player on the floor and should still get 20+ points.

The one matchup that could cause problems for Wheelersburg is the Davis kid from Jackson. Around 6'5", very active in the post and on the boards. Physical. It will be interesting to see who Wheelersburg starts on him as he could be a matchup problem.

Cooper Donaldson, 6'3" Senior, lanky, athletic, and a player. Don't know his numbers but I would guess he's 20+ ppg.

Wallis kid is around 5'7" but very talented and tough.

Some athletes surrounding them. It will be a very physical game.

Will be a great matchup in the Burg, no doubt about it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:00 am
burgfella69 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:23 am Don't know what Jackson has but I'll tell you one thing. You gotta be able to shoot pretty well to stay with Burg. SW hit big time shots and should have pulled away if it weren't for a few clutch threes by the Burg. I'll take Wheelersburg just as a biased prediction, but looking forward to it, should be a good one.
Burg 75
Jackson 66
They are talented, lengthy, and athletic. They'll have a few different bodies to throw at Holden, but Holden will still be the best player on the floor and should still get 20+ points.

The one matchup that could cause problems for Wheelersburg is the Davis kid from Jackson. Around 6'5", very active in the post and on the boards. Physical. It will be interesting to see who Wheelersburg starts on him as he could be a matchup problem.

Cooper Donaldson, 6'3" Senior, lanky, athletic, and a player. Don't know his numbers but I would guess he's 20+ ppg.

About 17 ppg

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Burg 75
Jackson 66

what class is Davis?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

burgfella69 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:16 am
Burg 75
Jackson 66

what class is Davis?
Only a sophomore but looks much older/mature than that. Good sized kid. Ironman92 can give more specifics, but I want to say his dad was a collegiate football player? I feel like I heard that.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:16 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:16 am

what class is Davis?
Only a sophomore but looks much older/mature than that. Good sized kid. Ironman92 can give more specifics, but I want to say his dad was a collegiate football player? I feel like I heard that.
Dad was 1st team all state lineman 6’6 300. 3rd in shot put as a junior, started at Ohio University as a freshman. He was a big skilled athlete. Would’ve been great basketball or baseball player too. Son Treylan is a 6’4 1/2-6’5 kid. Has post moves but a really good mid range as well. Will be a monster by senior year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Saw a couple of clips on Jackson and from what I saw they looked almost identical. Get up and down on the floor, don't play that great on the defensive side, athletic bunch. I think Burg, just looking at previous scores, probably shoots better. So with that, being at home, and having Holden, I think Burg wins a tight one.

I will say 70 Burg Jackson 62

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Wheelersburg by a bunch.

Return to “Boys Basketball”