Highland County Press - Sports Editor Stephen Forsha

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Highland County Press - Sports Editor Stephen Forsha

Post by pfloyd »

Being located a looooong distance from the far Western portions of the SouthEast District , over the years - prior to the technology now such as the ScoreStream app that I can now use to get the scores for the hoops night menu any day of the week - I have relied on the Highland County Press website and the information that Sports Editor Stephen Forsha puts up for ALL of the sports in the Highland County area - the FAC teams there, the SHAC teams ... ALL of those schools West of Rte 23 that for many of us we only get to see during tournament time ... not only is there GREAT hoops played West of Rte 23 , Stephen Forsha is the man who brings it all to us via the Highland County Press and the excellent job he does of keeping their website up to date as well ...

... I have never had the pleasure to meet Mr. Forsha, I only know him through his email address at the end of his articles/posts BUT the gentleman does a yeoman's job in getting information, posting information on both the boys/girls sides ... I wanted to give Stephen Forsha a shout out , some recognition to the man who has over the years kept ME informed about the SHAC/FAC - life in the western plains of the SouthEast District ...

Thank you Mr. Forsha - simply outstanding ... I thank you sir. - pfloyd

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Highland County Press - Sports Editor Stephen Forsha

Post by Ironman92 »

He’s a good guy that I get to see a bit each fall. Good sports writer

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:20 pm He’s a good guy that I get to see a bit each fall. Good sports writer
... as I said I have never met him BUT he HAS "put pfloyd in his place" before ... back quite a few years ago now, when there seemed to be no one on seops from west of Rte 23 to give us scores/updates etc. it was a Saturday night - later than late ... I'm trying everywhere online to find a score from the SHL (pre SHAC days) so I could do my rankings ... I kept going back to the Highland County Press website as usual - the score was not there ... I made some kind of comment on seops about not being able to find the score, that they (HCP peoples) had plenty of time to update their website etc. ... Mr. Forsha DID post on seops that he does the best he can, having to travel/cover all of the games both girls & boys etc. - he was right ! HE was doing his job as best he could with the resources he has to work with and here I was some "purple hippo guy" criticizing him ... I formally apologized to Stephen Forsha on seops for my comment ... I believe I even sent him an email apologizing as well ...

... as you said I92, he is a good sports writer , doing a difficult job covering a large readership area ... his job at the HCP has always been appreciated by me in getting the information out to his readers of which I am one of ...

Tigerhawk123
Waterboy

Post by Tigerhawk123 »

Great guy puts in a lot of hours. The HCP is a really good, locally owned and family operated newspaper - no wire stories, all local news.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Tigerhawk123 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:01 pm Great guy puts in a lot of hours. The HCP is a really good, locally owned and family operated newspaper - no wire stories, all local news.
... I still go to the HCP website to verify the scores I'm getting on the ScoreStream app ... good stuff , the family operated businesses are falling by the wayside - glad to hear at least one is still getting it done for the local communities ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:23 pm
Tigerhawk123 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:01 pm Great guy puts in a lot of hours. The HCP is a really good, locally owned and family operated newspaper - no wire stories, all local news.
... I still go to the HCP website to verify the scores I'm getting on the ScoreStream app ... good stuff , the family operated businesses are falling by the wayside - glad to hear at least one is still getting it done for the local communities ...
He also has a top 20 list of top ppg scorers in Highland Co

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Stephen does an amazing job and is a blessing to the Highland County community.

Return to “Boys Basketball”