‘Racial Slurs’ Leads To School Leaving Athletic Conference

Post by radiodavel »

‘Racial Slurs’ Leads To School Leaving Athletic Conference
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2019 ... conference

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: ‘Racial Slurs’ Leads To School Leaving Athletic Conference

Post by Omega »

While I have no sympathy for those who are easily offended, triggered, or woke, there should be no tolerance of racial epithets in this day and age.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

There should be zero tolerance for comments that are of racial insults. Shaker Heights probably made the move because it most likely was done on a repeated basis. Sometimes the best move is to walk away and find a better home, and that's what SH decided to do. If they were to stay, then the comments and insults would just continue. Enough is enough and it was time to take strong action.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

trojandave wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:14 pm There should be zero tolerance for comments that are of racial insults. Shaker Heights probably made the move because it most likely was done on a repeated basis. Sometimes the best move is to walk away and find a better home, and that's what SH decided to do. If they were to stay, then the comments and insults would just continue. Enough is enough and it was time to take strong action.
I’m not doubting the accusations but it’s 2019 not the sixties. and I don’t buy that this is the sole reason nor the main reason for leaving the conference over racial slurs plus accusing the other schools of not being sensitive to such an issue. When there’s no proceeding report of an incident. Calling out other schools in such a manner paints a broad stroke of systematic racism. Sorry I don’t buy that especially in the northern part of the state. I’m sure there have been some idiots out there that have proved the ignorance of man but I doubt that is the majority.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:03 pm
trojandave wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:14 pm There should be zero tolerance for comments that are of racial insults. Shaker Heights probably made the move because it most likely was done on a repeated basis. Sometimes the best move is to walk away and find a better home, and that's what SH decided to do. If they were to stay, then the comments and insults would just continue. Enough is enough and it was time to take strong action.
I’m not doubting the accusations but it’s 2019 not the sixties. and I don’t buy that this is the sole reason nor the main reason for leaving the conference over racial slurs plus accusing the other schools of not being sensitive to such an issue. When there’s no proceeding report of an incident. Calling out other schools in such a manner paints a broad stroke of systematic racism. Sorry I don’t buy that especially in the northern part of the state. I’m sure there have been some idiots out there that have proved the ignorance of man but I doubt that is the majority.
Agreed. Definitely something else going on there

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

This seems like the main reasons for switching back to the LEL.

Sports Conference Leadership: The influx of new leadership in the Lake Erie League (LEL) over the past few years has resulted in a much higher level of professionalism and cohesion for the league. The league is in a much healthier and stable state than it was in 2012. The potential addition of Shaker Heights and Garfield Heights would further strengthen the league.

Geography/Travel: A major drawback of remaining in the GCC is travel time. Schools in the conference are located in four different counties, meaning that student-athletes find themselves returning home at late as 10:30 p.m. on a school night. With seven of the eight potential LEL schools located in Cuyahoga County, travel time would be drastically reduced. Travel costs, especially the need for contracting with independent bus services, would also be reduced.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:03 pm
I could not agree more. I've been in many locker rooms, high school, junior high, colleges, and the bengals locker room once. the n word is said like a vowel. and I hate to hear it, I have all my life. and I'm not stupid enough to say I have never been guilty of saying it myself. but I loathe the word, can't stand it. a huge portion of my friends are black. and I adopted a bi-racial son out of the foster system in ironton. that's right, ironton. a huge part of the population is black. some of the finest folks I ever met in my life are black. my family dr. is black. so that ain't an issue at all with me. but the truth is the word is used continually. and 95% of the time it is black men addressing each other. that's just part of their culture and greeting each other. but there has to be more to this under the peanut butter. there is more going on that this. has to be. and shaker heights, lest we forget is known for a high concentration of mafia homes. the only thing keeping racism alive is continued racism.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

and there should be zero tolerance of it, by whoever is saying it period.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”