2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Coach Kennedy
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Coach Kennedy »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:49 pm Has Portsmouth beaten any teams at .500 or better?
Manchester is 8-7.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Coach Kennedy wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:47 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:49 pm Has Portsmouth beaten any teams at .500 or better?
Manchester is 8-7.
Thanks

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

In the end Coach Hughes and her staff have put in the work and it shows, years past any game was no guaranteed win for Portsmouth, this year they are winning games and you have to now game plan for them somewhat. They are executing plays and getting after it on defense, when a Program has been down for so long you got to start somewhere and that is what they are doing. No matter what kind of wins you get it always helps for future players that want to come out. Keep it up ladies and Coaching Staff

Miles Wood
Waterboy

Post by Miles Wood »

Hey SCOH50,I have sent you a PM.

"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Have seen the Lady Trojans 3 times this season, and they have to be one of the most improved teams in the SE district. Considering the state of the program coming into the season, Coach Amy Hughes has done a phenomenal job in getting things turned in the right direction in just her first year at the helm. The ball handling and shooting skills have upgraded quite a bit, and as a consequence Portsmouth has been able to win more games. Lady Trojan basketball is fun to watch, and hopefully the improvement this season will inspire the returning girls to take an upturn even further in 2019-2020.

GO LADY TROJANS!!

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

trojandave wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:18 pm Have seen the Lady Trojans 3 times this season, and they have to be one of the most improved teams in the SE district. Considering the state of the program coming into the season, Coach Amy Hughes has done a phenomenal job in getting things turned in the right direction in just her first year at the helm. The ball handling and shooting skills have upgraded quite a bit, and as a consequence Portsmouth has been able to win more games. Lady Trojan basketball is fun to watch, and hopefully the improvement this season will inspire the returning girls to take an upturn even further in 2019-2020.

GO LADY TROJANS!!
One thing about the Hughes' they will teach FUNDAMENTALS which is a big improvement for sure sir!

Miles Wood
Waterboy

Post by Miles Wood »

How did the game go with east today.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Glad to see the Lady Trojans and Coach Hughes turning things around . Great work

baseball16
All Conference

Re: Lady Trojans

Post by baseball16 »

baseball16 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:21 pm I can tell you right now, they are going to finish in the bottom half of the OVC.

Fairland
Ironton
South Point
Coal Grove
Chesapeake
are all better then Portsmouth Right Now.
Man, I'm good. LOL I will say, Portsmouth has put up a better fight then I thought but still in the bottom 3rd.

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Lady Trojans

Post by Black Panther »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:09 am
baseball16 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:21 pm I can tell you right now, they are going to finish in the bottom half of the OVC.

Fairland
Ironton
South Point
Coal Grove
Chesapeake
are all better then Portsmouth Right Now.
Man, I'm good. LOL I will say, Portsmouth has put up a better fight then I thought but still in the bottom 3rd.
I don’t think Chesapeake is better.They got ALL the lucky bounces the other night.The others I'll give you this year.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
thebarlowbandit
All State

Last night I saw the greatest coaching adjustment at the end of the game that I've ever seen. Real life lesson taught by the staff at Portsmouth last night, great strategy!

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:41 pm Last night I saw the greatest coaching adjustment at the end of the game that I've ever seen. Real life lesson taught by the staff at Portsmouth last night, great strategy!
I've heard 2nd hand about the "adjustments". I'd be interested to get confirmation. And what exactly were the life lessons?

Post by Miles Wood »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:41 pm Last night I saw the greatest coaching adjustment at the end of the game that I've ever seen. Real life lesson taught by the staff at Portsmouth last night, great strategy!
So you mean to tell me you came all the way from Washington Co. or wherever the heck you live to check that game out in particular? On paper, and according to you from earlier this year this wouldn't be much to see.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Miles Wood wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:29 pm
So you mean to tell me you came all the way from Washington Co. or wherever the heck you live to check that game out in particular? On paper, and according to you from earlier this year this wouldn't be much to see.
Ever hear of that thing called the interweb? People can put photos and videos on there and you can watch them. It’s a really really cool contraption, maybe you should try it sometime.

Anyway, I thought the late game move was awesome! One of the better quarters of basketball I’ve ever watched to be honest.

Pinky

Post by Pinky »

The coach should be ask to step down after embarrassing them girls like that .

The rule of coaching is to coach till the last tick ,winning big or loseing big always things she could work on

Miles Wood
Waterboy

Post by Miles Wood »

Don't know exactly what happeded,But If you people at Portsmouth just want to win 2 or 3 games a year,hire another cheerleader as coach.Anybody with an ounce of brains knows that Amy does things her way.And it's been pretty successful.State final four in 2005 regional finalist in 2006.Multiple winning seasons.Ask most former players she's had and they'll say they were glad she used her way of coaching.If you just pat Suzy on the back and say that's ok you'll continue to lose.

Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Miles Wood wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:23 pm Don't know exactly what happeded,But If you people at Portsmouth just want to win 2 or 3 games a year,hire another cheerleader as coach.Anybody with an ounce of brains knows that Amy does things her way.And it's been pretty successful.State final four in 2005 regional finalist in 2006.Multiple winning seasons.Ask most former players she's had and they'll say they were glad she used her way of coaching.If you just pat Suzy on the back and say that's ok you'll continue to lose.

I was there to see fairland and I don't have a kid named Suzy :)

Everyone has their way of coaching and I do think Amy is a good coach just don't agree with what she did last night .

Go look at 1/29/19 updates

Miles Wood
Waterboy

Post by Miles Wood »

Pinky wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:30 pm
Miles Wood wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:23 pm Don't know exactly what happeded,But If you people at Portsmouth just want to win 2 or 3 games a year,hire another cheerleader as coach.Anybody with an ounce of brains knows that Amy does things her way.And it's been pretty successful.State final four in 2005 regional finalist in 2006.Multiple winning seasons.Ask most former players she's had and they'll say they were glad she used her way of coaching.If you just pat Suzy on the back and say that's ok you'll continue to lose.

I was there to see fairland and I don't have a kid named Suzy :)

Everyone has their way of coaching and I do think Amy is a good coach just don't agree with what she did last night .

Go look at 1/29/19 updates
What updates??

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

Her team was down by 20 points and she told them not to move and they stood there like toy soldiers in a 2-3 zone while the clock just ticked. She quit on her team and in doing so taught her kids that in life outside of basketball if your down give up. If I was AD I would need a reason that don’t even exist in my opinion to rip up her pink slip.

Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Dragon70 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:25 pm Her team was down by 20 points and she told them not to move and they stood there like toy soldiers in a 2-3 zone while the clock just ticked. She quit on her team and in doing so taught her kids that in life outside of basketball if your down give up. If I was AD I would need a reason that don’t even exist in my opinion to rip up her pink slip.

Thank you ,I was beginning to think it was just me

Return to “Girls Basketball”