National Championship (1/7): #2 Clemson 44 vs. #1 Alabama 16

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: National Championship (1/7): #2 Clemson 44 vs. #1 Alabama 16

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Dabo is something else. He has too much fun coaching and i don't think he'll ever get the big head and be standoffish like a lotta the coaches. I remember when WV beat them by about 40 points in a bowl game about 6 years ago and put 70 on them and he wasn't really in a bad mood that night after the game. He would be fun to play for. (He had 4 or 5 guys that could've went pro last year but they stayed which says a lot).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

There are many Clemson and Dabo haters, but the Tigers tonight have earned the respect of all college football fans. They physically dominated a darn good Bama squad.

Although the post game interviews were corny, I think they show the difference in program priorities of Dabo versus Urban Meyer.. Dabo preaches excellence within a family setting for his team. Whereas Urban preached excellence with grooming for the NFL. A team concept versus individual concept. In my book, the team concept is superior.

Clemson and Bama will be one and two to start next season. Just wonder if the Buckeyes can close any of the gap under Ryan Day.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I don't understand how ohio state finished 3rd in the final poll. Clemson was 2 and just destroyed number 1 bama. I don't see how ohio state didn't finish 2nd. with bama at 3rd. it was not even close. Clemson obliterated bama.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dabo is one of the most awesome people I have ever seen coach. or get interviewed. he just oozes Christianity, decency, holsomeness, and character. he is an amazing person. when he was speaking Christian wilkins gave him a wet willie and he didn't even flinch. he has an amazing staff and facilities.he is great for college football and such a positive influence for believers and nonbelievers as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Clemson hit the lottery with this guy.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 am I don't understand how ohio state finished 3rd in the final poll. Clemson was 2 and just destroyed number 1 bama. I don't see how ohio state didn't finish 2nd. with bama at 3rd. it was not even close. Clemson obliterated bama.
Purdue.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:20 am dabo is one of the most awesome people I have ever seen coach. or get interviewed. he just oozes Christianity, decency, holsomeness, and character. he is an amazing person. when he was speaking Christian wilkins gave him a wet willie and he didn't even flinch. he has an amazing staff and facilities.he is great for college football and such a positive influence for believers and nonbelievers as well.
I like Dabo, but I look at how people act when they dont know the cameras are on them.

After one of Bama's scores, he clearly said "Do your f**king job" as the camera was on him.

And to your post about why OSU isnt #2 in the final polls......the 2 teams playing for the title always finish #1 and #2. Just the way it is. I can agree with it since they both made it to the big dance.

SEC is still vastly over rated. Where is the General at these day?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:17 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:20 am dabo is one of the most awesome people I have ever seen coach. or get interviewed. he just oozes Christianity, decency, holsomeness, and character. he is an amazing person. when he was speaking Christian wilkins gave him a wet willie and he didn't even flinch. he has an amazing staff and facilities.he is great for college football and such a positive influence for believers and nonbelievers as well.
I like Dabo, but I look at how people act when they dont know the cameras are on them.

After one of Bama's scores, he clearly said "Do your f**king job" as the camera was on him.

And to your post about why OSU isnt #2 in the final polls......the 2 teams playing for the title always finish #1 and #2. Just the way it is. I can agree with it since they both made it to the big dance.

SEC is still vastly over rated. Where is the General at these day?
PFC!😆

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Clemson went into this game as a team. Alabama's last game had a lot of cheap shots and penalties. Even though they won. Against Clemson Alabama was not use to playing defense for long periods of time. As well as playing against a tough defensive line that just got better as the game went on. Playing with attitude of the players playing together as a team. Alabama plays as a bully and better as a front runner with a lead. Getting big head with ESPN doing a show on Alabama Football.

One thing mentioned last night when losing the WR to Clemson. That the coaches recruiting him would probably not be there long. As the staff turnover has been quite a bit. Where as Clemson has kept most of their coaches. Even Clemson's DC Coach Venables will be staying as his son is coming in next year.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

As a Bama fan, all my life, I want to congratulate Clemson! Monday night, Clemson outplayed us in every facet of the game. Our defense could not put any pressure on their QB and the play calling made our DB's look like a pee wee defense. We were also outcoached with Dabo and company. Salute to the better team and national champion Clemson. Nothing but respect for that program.

Return to “College Sports”