2018/19 SOC2

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018/19 SOC2

Post by Truth Serum »

My preseason pics would be:

1. Burg - too much talent. Holden is special and he is surrounded by athletes.

2. Waverly - Plenty of talent and excellent athletes also.

3. Oak Hill-Norm will win games 20-18 and throat punch any player that shoots until a minute has been ran off the clock (just a joke). But seriously, with Norm they will steal some games and end up in the top 4.

4. South Webster - Return some experience and Blevins should have a monster year. Will upset someone in the top 3.

5. Minford - will always have some athletes.

6. Valley - Interested to watch Horton who has experience under Coach Fitch and Coach Barrick. You would think if he used some of both of their methods Valley would be competitive.

7. Portsmouth West - lost a lot to graduation.

8. Northwest - lost a lot to graduation.

piratebasketball
Waterboy

Post by piratebasketball »

I think it comes down to Wheelersburg and Waverly.

B-ball-fan
Riding the Bench

Post by B-ball-fan »

Waverly has does some renovations. It looks really good. The huge fans are a nice touch also.

In youth we learn. In age we understand.
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

B-ball-fan wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:55 pm Waverly has does some renovations. It looks really good. The huge fans are a nice touch also.
Those babies circulate some air and they fixed (or replaced) the old exhaust fans that hadn’t worked for years.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

After the fast start from Wheelersburg, I believe Wheeleraburg will win the league by 3 games. I think there is that big of disparity in talent in the league. That is not a knock on the league. That is just a compliment on Wheelersburg’s talent. I actually think teams 2-4 are good high school basketball teams. I just think Wheelersburg is the most talented team in the District (& maybe the Region) Truitt is the X-Factor to the team. (Not the best player on the team but the X-Factor) i would not be surprised, if they are playing for a regional title in March.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:13 pm After the fast start from Wheelersburg, I believe Wheeleraburg will win the league by 3 games. I think there is that big of disparity in talent in the league. That is not a knock on the league. That is just a compliment on Wheelersburg’s talent. I actually think teams 2-4 are good high school basketball teams. I just think Wheelersburg is the most talented team in the District (& maybe the Region) Truitt is the X-Factor to the team. (Not the best player on the team but the X-Factor) i would not be surprised, if they are playing for a regional title in March.
I think everyone would agree at this point the SOC is Wheelersburgs to lose.
Even with that, they will have to earn it. Waverly had the game within 4 points with 4:00 to play in the war at Wheelersburg so I can only imagine what it’s going to be at Waverly.
Waverly or Oak Hill are the only ones at this point with a real shot at taking away the title so neither one of them can afford any more losses.
If Waverly and Oak Hill split games and or stumble against other league foes it’s def. Wheelersburg’s to claim.
I can’t see Valley, West, Northwest, Minford or South Webster (especially without Blevins) beating the Pirates.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

B-ball-fan wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:55 pm Waverly has does some renovations. It looks really good. The huge fans are a nice touch also.
Went to watch girls tournament at downtown arena last night,the newly installed fans are great. It wasn't 130 degrees up top..very comfortable.. Great job Waverly,this will definitely help with the big crowd I expect at boys Holiday classic next weekend.

Return to “Boys Basketball”