Gallia Academy @ River Valley 12/4

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: Gallia Academy @ River Valley 12/4

Post by Geronimo »

If the RV vs SG score is right ? Going to a long season for RV!

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

RV had 2 starters missing one Was Call

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

SEOAL74 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:53 pm RV had 2 starters missing one Was Call
It will still be a long season.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

SEOAL74 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:19 am First and foremost I think Brett Bostic was a good hire by River Valley. Bostic came to Gallia Academy from South Gallia where he was the Head Varsity Girls coach for a few years. Bostic always wanted to be a head Varsity Boys coach and he got that opportunity at River Valley where I think he will do a great job. Now for the game last night I thought the Blue Devils played a great game. All of the starters played a excellent game. McCelland did a good job running the team and was a knock down shooter last night, Blouir and and Call were slashers last night and hit pull up jumpers and got to the rim at ease, Henry made some steals had a few assists and drove the ball to the basket and had a couple of good moves and Loveday was Loveday blocking shots, rebounding, hitting three's and posting up for some easy baskets. I thought they all played good defense. The bench got a chance to show what they could do and how they could help down the road. I thought Brennan Carter played really well had some good moves and showed some quickness. Davis, Blain Carter, Walker and Cox played good. I know this was River Valley and they're not a very good team, but you need games like this to let your bench play and gain some confidence in themselves. I believe on any given night either one of these starters can put up 12 to 15 points and have enough fire power that they all can put up those numbers in a game like last night all five starters were in double firgures Loveyday 25, Henry 12, Call, Blouir and McCelland 10 a piece. This team is going to be a fun team to watch this year so lets get behind this team and support them at home and on the road.
Bostic is the man, im sure G MAN will miss him

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Rome wasn't built in a day. Bostic has been a winner everywhere he's been. Just give him and his staff some time.

GAHS7481
Waterboy

Post by GAHS7481 »

Only problem with Bostic is if any teacher in the Union at River Valley wants the job, hes out, no question asked. Union members have 1st choice in coaching jobs..

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

That's true to an extent. But have to be qualified for the job. And nobody wanted the job.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Asst. Sheets is a teacher.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Yes! As well as assistants Layton and Davis. But none wanted head coach job

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

As long as Bostic does a decent job as head coach he will be there. It takes time to build a program and he will get 2 to 3 years to build their program up. He will not be replaced by nobody for at least that long unless he himself decides to step down. The talent at RV is way down and it will take 2 to 3 years get that program back up. They interview a lot of candidates for this opening and they felt he was the man for the job.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Who else could do a better job? At this time you got to get the players to by in! It takes time !

Return to “Boys Basketball”