Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

Post by 93Bulldog »

Lou may not let you back in the Alley if you keep dissing the Spartans. Lol

Probably even give you hell at the Convo too ...

"Up in the cheap seats tonight, the Spartan hater himself, aka Pfloyd"

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:40 pm Lou may not let you back in the Alley if you keep dissing the Spartans. Lol

Probably even give you hell at the Convo too ...

"Up in the cheap seats tonight, the Spartan hater himself, aka Pfloyd"
... I thought about that 93dog ! Lou will ignore me or worse yet - he'll have my picture on the new video scoreboard with the words "Spartan hater" under my pic (smh) What was I thinking ????!!!!! ... it will be like going through TSA airport security to get into the Alley for pfloyd now ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wait till TMZ reports about the unusually high Pizza Crossing bill on Ty Webb's financial report. Lou is really gonna be mad when he finds out Pfloyd was 'bought!'

lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:15 pm Wait till TMZ reports about the unusually high Pizza Crossing bill on Ty Webb's financial report. Lou is really gonna be mad when he finds out Pfloyd was 'bought!'

lol
For ample free pizza crossing I’d have VC in elite 8

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

TravisHill222 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:23 pm Why isn't LE in your top 10
Why should they be? Only three games in on a 22-game season and they're 2-1 coming off a nine-win season last year. Quite a bit of promise, but need to see a larger sample size. Height remains a concern, although I like what they're getting out of 6-4 Luke Watson here in the early going.
Last edited by bman on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

TravisHill222 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:58 pm
pfloyd wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:47 pm
TravisHill222 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:23 pm Why isn't LE in your top 10
... they aren't a top 10 team - yet ... they struggled with Liberty Union Saturday night at home ... not a good shooting night for the Braves ... trailed 13-7 end of 1, 22-20 at intermission, 36-35 after 3 ... defensively held LU to 1 fg in the 4th quarter (LU had their 2 leading scorers in the game foul out in the 4th) ... LE has 2 wins over not very strong teams in Miami Trace and LU ... #17 is good for the youngin's from Logan Elm - should be a W vs Westfall tomorrow night, then at Fairfield Union Friday & Bexley Saturday night ... a good week for LE coming up to tell us more about the Braves ...
How is Sheridan in the top 10 then because they also struggled with LU
Sheridan is coming off a run to the regional final, where its best player is also the quarterback on the football team. Takes a bit to get into basketball shape.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I think it takes time for even us to get into basketball shape anymore. Took about three weeks for the real debating to begin ... Is it time for a D2 Logan thread yet?

;)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:19 pm I think it takes time for even us to get into basketball shape anymore. Took about three weeks for the real debating to begin ... Is it time for a D2 Logan thread yet?

;)
Who’s your elite 8? Where would you have VC

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'd have to see more for an elite 8

I think I'd slot Alexander in or around 17
Vinton county maybe 20

basketball12349
Riding the Bench

Post by basketball12349 »

Pfloyd, Alexander is going to shock you. I follow the Spartans pretty close and went to the Gallia-Alexander scrimmage. Alexander won 3 out of the 6 quarters they played and tied them one quarter. Now that’s only a scrimmage and all but dang. This team can match up with anybody. Height? Caleb Terry. Speed? Jk Kearns. Shooting? Kam Riley. Drive? Stone Markins. All around player? Dylan Mecum. This is a good team and I’m excited to see them throughout the season. It will be a good one. Deep bench too which showed in the VC game. All were subbed before then end of the first quarter and were still pulling away with the lead. Excited to watch them climb.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Alex won't need much time to impress the committee.
They get a sneaky talented team in Meigs on Friday, (2-0) Waterford Saturday, and then the showdown with Athens next Fri.

Three quality opponents in the next 10 days.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:52 pm Alex won't need much time to impress the committee.
They get a sneaky talented team in Meigs on Friday, (2-0) Waterford Saturday, and then the showdown with Athens next Fri.

Three quality opponents in the next 10 days.
Meigs needs to get over the hump a bit. Some good talent but a lot of youth

Bigbluefan12
Waterboy

Post by Bigbluefan12 »

basketball12349 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:32 pm Pfloyd, Alexander is going to shock you. I follow the Spartans pretty close and went to the Gallia-Alexander scrimmage. Alexander won 3 out of the 6 quarters they played and tied them one quarter. Now that’s only a scrimmage and all but dang. This team can match up with anybody. Height? Caleb Terry. Speed? Jk Kearns. Shooting? Kam Riley. Drive? Stone Markins. All around player? Dylan Mecum. This is a good team and I’m excited to see them throughout the season. It will be a good one. Deep bench too which showed in the VC game. All were subbed before then end of the first quarter and were still pulling away with the lead. Excited to watch them climb.

Gallia didn’t have 3 of the 5 starters and had none of the football players for this scrimmage. If they would have played it would have been a whole different scrimmage

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

It is all opinion and everyone has a right to their opinion. Reading these opinions are fun. Keep up the good work all.

23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

Mclain is a good team. I believe they should be top 15.

basketball12349
Riding the Bench

Post by basketball12349 »

Bigbluefan12 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:29 am
basketball12349 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:32 pm Pfloyd, Alexander is going to shock you. I follow the Spartans pretty close and went to the Gallia-Alexander scrimmage. Alexander won 3 out of the 6 quarters they played and tied them one quarter. Now that’s only a scrimmage and all but dang. This team can match up with anybody. Height? Caleb Terry. Speed? Jk Kearns. Shooting? Kam Riley. Drive? Stone Markins. All around player? Dylan Mecum. This is a good team and I’m excited to see them throughout the season. It will be a good one. Deep bench too which showed in the VC game. All were subbed before then end of the first quarter and were still pulling away with the lead. Excited to watch them climb.

Gallia didn’t have 3 of the 5 starters and had none of the football players for this scrimmage. If they would have played it would have been a whole different scrimmage
Either way a small D3 school almost a D4 going against a decent size D2 school and doing that at their place is impressive. Have to give it to the kids. They had good competition. And the Loveday/Terry match up was good to watch. Terry had four points and Loveday had seven. Wish they would play in the regular season.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

basketball12349 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:29 am
Bigbluefan12 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:29 am

Either way a small D3 school almost a D4 going against a decent size D2 school and doing that at their place is impressive. Have to give it to the kids. They had good competition. And the Loveday/Terry match up was good to watch. Terry had four points and Loveday had seven. Wish they would play in the regular season.
Alexander is literally 5 boys away from being Division 2 and 79 away from being Division 4. Only 30 boys smaller than Gallia.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Alexander was D2 in soccer.
It goes in cycles, but this has been of the bigger classes for sure the last couple years.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Let's see if Burg is ready. Big battle with Oak Hill

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I view the first few weeks of the rankings in here as the college football polls, you need to put certain teams in certain spots and it usually sorts its self after a few weeks

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

Return to “Boys Basketball”