Logan @ Gahanna - 12/8

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Logan @ Gahanna - 12/8

Post by Chieftain2009 »

This will be a really good test early on in the season for the Chieftains. As always, Gahanna will have speed and tons of talent. I don't know if this is still the case, but I believe Gahanna will be without their best player, Josh Corbin, as he is recovering from an injury he got in a scrimmage.

Thoughts?

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Re: Logan @ Gahanna - 12/8

Post by Chieftain Fan »

He sat out the first 2 games. Have not heard when he will return . Heard they have a pretty good PG . Regardless they will have speed and size. They play Reynoldsburg Friday which is a league game I believe. Should be a good game .
Good luck to the Purple Gang!!!!!!

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Gahanna lost tonight to Reynoldsburg 58-53. They lead early . Game played at the Burg. Look for a tough game tomorrow night.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Good luck to the Purple ... I don't travel Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line for hoops BUT I wish the boys from Hocking County the best tonight !

Bob Bolshavic
Freshman Team

Post by Bob Bolshavic »

Gahanna manhandling Logan at the half 41-29

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Gahanna 80
Logan 66
Final

Logan played tough, but Gahanna is the real deal in the D1 central district.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... any breakdown of the scoring for the Chiefs ? ... gave up 80 points defensively ? ouch ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:38 pm ... any breakdown of the scoring for the Chiefs ? ... gave up 80 points defensively ? ouch ...
Logan played a very good game. Gahanna just flat out didn't miss. I thought I heard they shot 68% from the field, and they were unbelievably fast as well. Bo had career-high 34 points and 12 rebounds and several steals. I'm not sure of the rest of the team stats though.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Bo Myers 34 points

Live Like A Champion!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:14 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:38 pm ... any breakdown of the scoring for the Chiefs ? ... gave up 80 points defensively ? ouch ...
Logan played a very good game. Gahanna just flat out didn't miss. I thought I heard they shot 68% from the field, and they were unbelievably fast as well. Bo had career-high 34 points and 12 rebounds and several steals. I'm not sure of the rest of the team stats though.
... wow, 68% from the field ?!! ... you don't beat many teams if they shoot the ball like that Wow ! ... great night for Bo ! he can play with the big boys for sure ... looking forward to read Craig Dunn's stats on this one ... wish I had them before doing my rankings tomorrow LOL ... the 68% from the field helps me understand the final score though - thanks Chieftain2009 !

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:22 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:14 pm
... wow, 68% from the field ?!! ... you don't beat many teams if they shoot the ball like that Wow ! ... great night for Bo ! he can play with the big boys for sure ... looking forward to read Craig Dunn's stats on this one ... wish I had them before doing my rankings tomorrow LOL ... the 68% from the field helps me understand the final score though - thanks Chieftain2009 !
Gahanna is the real deal! They'll compete for the crown in the central district.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Fell behind by double digits first Quarter and had to play behind rest of game . Gahanna big and quick but what surprised me was their 3 point shooting . Multiple players hitting the 3 ball .3 point percentage had to be pretty good . Hit a lot of 12 to 15 ft shots .Just great shooting . 10 point game with 3 min to go . If Gahanna plays like they did tonight they are the real deal . No quit in the Chiefs . Tough going to the OCC HOME TURF . Any team shooting 68 per cent is going to win everytime . On to Lancaster Tuesday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain Fan wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:46 pm Fell behind by double digits first Quarter and had to play behind rest of game . Gahanna big and quick but what surprised me was their 3 point shooting . Multiple players hitting the 3 ball .3 point percentage had to be pretty good . Hit a lot of 12 to 15 ft shots .Just great shooting . 10 point game with 3 min to go . If Gahanna plays like they did tonight they are the real deal . No quit in the Chiefs . Tough going to the OCC HOME TURF . Any team shooting 68 per cent is going to win everytime . On to Lancaster Tuesday.
Logan should have the multiple 3 point shooter threat as well Chieftain Fan ... Bo picked up 34 , if my common core math is right - that leaves the rest of the Purple getting 32 ? any scoring napkin stats for the rest of the Chieftains ?

Bob Bolshavic
Freshman Team

Post by Bob Bolshavic »

Gahanna beat them easily without their best player! Ouch. Looks like your preseason worry is coming true floyd. Secondary scoring after Myers could be a problem. That's why I thought they might really miss Landis this year.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:28 am
Chieftain Fan wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:46 pm Fell behind by double digits first Quarter and had to play behind rest of game . Gahanna big and quick but what surprised me was their 3 point shooting . Multiple players hitting the 3 ball .3 point percentage had to be pretty good . Hit a lot of 12 to 15 ft shots .Just great shooting . 10 point game with 3 min to go . If Gahanna plays like they did tonight they are the real deal . No quit in the Chiefs . Tough going to the OCC HOME TURF . Any team shooting 68 per cent is going to win everytime . On to Lancaster Tuesday.
Logan should have the multiple 3 point shooter threat as well Chieftain Fan ... Bo picked up 34 , if my common core math is right - that leaves the rest of the Purple getting 32 ? any scoring napkin stats for the rest of the Chieftains ?
3other starters each had around 10 each (Coby ,Caleb & Layton ) (Coby sat big part of 1st half with 2 fouls and eventually fouling out with couple minutes left ) but they are not shooting as much as needed to get 15 a game . Bo is taking the bulk of the shots . No jab at him but that is the way the offense is designed . Logan will see some different defenses so I would hope the coaching staff changes up something's . I would think we would try and get the Wolfe boy on the floor especially against a team with the size Gahanna had . Wolfe did not see any floor time . Score would have been closer but as mentioned they came out fired up after loosing to athe Burg. Played them pretty even for 3 quarters. They shot the 3 ball very good and answered each run we tried . They are deep and very quick . I had this one circled as possibly the toughest on the schedule . Hope I am Right Chieftain Nation was outstanding . Nice Crowd!!The Chiefs have room for improvement. We will see how they respond against Lancaster on Tuesday

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain Fan wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:48 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:28 am
3other starters each had around 10 each (Coby ,Caleb & Layton ) (Coby sat big part of 1st half with 2 fouls and eventually fouling out with couple minutes left ) but they are not shooting as much as needed to get 15 a game . Bo is taking the bulk of the shots . No jab at him but that is the way the offense is designed . Logan will see some different defenses so I would hope the coaching staff changes up something's . I would think we would try and get the Wolfe boy on the floor especially against a team with the size Gahanna had . Wolfe did not see any floor time . Score would have been closer but as mentioned they came out fired up after loosing to athe Burg. Played them pretty even for 3 quarters. They shot the 3 ball very good and answered each run we tried . They are deep and very quick . I had this one circled as possibly the toughest on the schedule . Hope I am Right Chieftain Nation was outstanding . Nice Crowd!!The Chiefs have room for improvement. We will see how they respond against Lancaster on Tuesday
... good stuff Chieftain Fan - thank you ... the Purple NEED double digit scoring from Coby/Caleb Bell - have to have it to get W's vs the schedule the Chiefs are playing this season ... but you are absolutely right no won beats a team shooting almost 70% from the floor LOL especially a quality team as Gahanna Lincoln ... Lancaster will be a different animal - I saw them scrimmage Logan Elm - LE won all but 1 quarter BUT the 6-8 BIG for Lancaster didn't play ... Lancaster on the road is never easy in so many ways LOL ... I wish the Purple the best heading up Rte 33 Tuesday night !

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I feel bad for who ever has to guard Bo Myers, he's a BEAST

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I think Logan will beat Lancaster. Maybe not handily, but surely.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The 68% that I originally stated as I thought I heard is incorrect. They shot 55% and 45% from three. Logan's shooting actually wasn't bad either, as they shot 48%, and a fantastic 76% from inside the 3-point line. The big do-in for the Chiefs was 19 turnovers.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Stats for the game, per the LDN:

Bo Myers - 34 points; 12 rebounds; 3 steals
Caleb Bell - 6 points; 4 assists; 2 rebounds
Teagan Myers - 1 point; 1 rebound
Landon Little - 2 points
Layton Cassady - 8 points
Wes Brooks - 4 points; 1 rebound
Coby Bell - 10 points; 5 rebounds; 3 assists