JV Team

Re: SOC 1

Post by ColdHardTruth »

All seems quiet. Any coaching changes?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Clay leads the pack , lots of returning starters from a good squad . Lost a good arm but the other kid is good and works hard and has improved . Throwing harder than last year I've heard . Solid coach who knows pitching , so they are the obvious pick . But ND isnt far behind , Cassie Schafer is another girl who works hard and gets good instruction and can shut a team down. clay just might be a tad more complete team from 1-9 . Other than that its a dog fight for places 3-6 or 7 . Green has improved some, have no clue about SV , or the rest.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Don't be surprised if ND leaps Clay this season.

ND
Clay
Green
Symmes Vally
Eastern
Western
New Boston
St Joe
East

That's my quick guess.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

I wouldn't be shocked or anything. if ND makes a move up . . Softball always comes down to pitching and D . And Schaefer is good enough to get it done . Clay has a ton of big game experience , lots of seniors . Will make for a good race this spring.

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

Clay
ND
Symmes Valley
Eastern
Green
Western
New Boston
East

I will go back to what I posted at the end of the season. It won't be the top of the roster on each team that makes the difference in the match up between Clay and Notre Dame. The difference in those two games will be the 6, 7, 8 and 9 players on the roster. From what I seen last year Clay as the advantage in that part of the line up. With them splitting games last year I think we are going to see good games either way.
Last edited by SOSoftball on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bastogne
Freshman Team

Post by Bastogne »

St Joe - not until 2020 when Eastern goes to SOCII

CaptainJack
Waterboy

Post by CaptainJack »

I believe many would agree that the SOC 1 will shake-out like this:

ND- (They have enough talent to take the division this year)
Clay- (There is a lot of experience coming back but do they have enough talent to fill the void left by last year's starters)
SV- (Veteran coach always has the Lady Viking competitive)
Eastern- (Has a lot of girls who can hit the ball and will be competitive in many of the games)
Green- (Doesn't have the pitching necessary to win a lot of games, but they enjoy beating up on the bottom half of the division to keep them here)
New Boston- (struggles with a lot of discipline and talent to win many games)
Western- (unless they have some talented youth coming up then they will struggle again this year)
East- (With a winless season last year, the only way to look at it is to try to continue to improve)

Always do your best for success in life!
ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

CaptainJack wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:36 pm I believe many would agree that the SOC 1 will shake-out like this:

Clay- (There is a lot of experience coming back but do they have enough talent to fill the void left by last year's starters)
Eastern- (Has a lot of girls who can hit the ball and will be competitive in many of the games)
Green- (Doesn't have the pitching necessary to win a lot of games, but they enjoy beating up on the bottom half of the division to keep them here)
Western- (unless they have some talented youth coming up then they will struggle again this year)
East- (With a winless season last year, the only way to look at it is to try to continue to improve)
clay lost Swain and ? I dont know , can you help me out ?

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:10 pm
CaptainJack wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:36 pm I believe many would agree that the SOC 1 will shake-out like this:

clay lost Swain and ? I dont know , can you help me out ?
Clay's only loss was Swain. They return the other 8 starters. They have a couple girls that were subs last year that can play plus they have a couple Freshman that will battle for a starting position also.

Returning Starters Include (Positions Listed below are the positions the girls played last Spring):

Pitcher - Oliver - Senior
Catcher - Wells - Senior
First - Warnock - Senior
Second - Brown - Senior
Third - Vassar - Senior
Short - Bazler - Sophomore
Left - Collins - Senior
Center - Bobst - Senior
Right -

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Thank you .. TON of seniors for a SOC 1 school . Usually dont see that many together in a class. The experience factor will have to go to Clay , thats for sure .

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Both ND and Clay are in great shape this season. Both teams have their reasons why they believe they should be favored. I give ND the edge on pitching and Clay the edge hitting and experience. If either of these two aren't 1 or 2 id be shocked.

SOC 1 for the last two years has been fun to watch because outside of ND and Clay anyone can beat anyone.

Just my picks...

Green in 3rd.
I'll give them an edge over Symmes Valley just because i think their pitcher Jenkins is slightly better and adding the best Shortstop in the SOC 1 in Kimbler is going to help them a lot.

Symmes Valley 4th
They could easily still end up 3rd, Estep is a great coach and knows how to get his players ready. Just think the loss of Webb will be too much of a hole.

Eastern 5th
A really aggressive team and they can hit. But they did lose a big leader last year.

New Boston 6th
I believe they lost 10+ seniors. Argument could be made that maybe they were underachieving the last couple years. Hickman is a solid pitcher. Just not going to get a lot of help.

Western 7th
New Coach and losing a few key seniors will make this a learning year for the Indians.

East 8th
They have been a mess for a couple years now. Not sure if their current coach is a right fit. But they have a freshman group coming in who are active in all sports and want to compete.

Again just my guesses.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Did the Webb girl from SV sign anywhere to play in college ?

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

Believe she is playing for Rio.

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm Did the Webb girl from SV sign anywhere to play in college ?
As stated above she is playing at Rio Grande.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

good for her , I didnt get to see her play as a Jr or Sr but she always had a nice swing. College is a different grind , hope her legs/knees hold up .

titandad
Waterboy

Re: 2019 SOC 1

Post by titandad »

I will just say this, Clay should be the favorite no doubt but what ND accomplished last season with the following I believe is remarkable.

1. New Coach
2. CF that hadnt played since Junior High
3. LF was played by 2 players who hadnt played since they were in elementary school if at all
4. 3B who had taken over a year off
5. Freshman at 2nd and 1st
6. DP who hadnt played in years
7. had to replace6-7 starters due to graduation and transfer

If and a strong if this team can place a couple players in a couple key spots they can give Clay a hard time or anybody for that matter.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Can we change name of this topic to "Furnace Feud"??😂😂 Just kidding..my Prediction..

1.Clay
2.ND
3.SV
4.Eastern
5.Western
6.Green
7.NB
8.East

This is December so I'll edit before March I'm sure..lol

StateTheFacts
Waterboy

Post by StateTheFacts »

beaverlover wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:56 pm Can we change name of this topic to "Furnace Feud"??😂😂 Just kidding..my Prediction..

1.Clay
2.ND
3.SV
4.Eastern
5.Western
6.Green
7.NB
8.East

I would have to disagree with you in terms of Western being so high. I think your top four could happen with the top three almost a certainty. I think with ND talent that they could take the SOC this year though but it will be tough with Clay's senior class.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

StateTheFacts wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:50 am
beaverlover wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:56 pm Can we change name of this topic to "Furnace Feud"??😂😂 Just kidding..my Prediction..

1.Clay
2.ND
3.SV
4.Eastern
5.Western
6.Green
7.NB
8.East

I would have to disagree with you in terms of Western being so high. I think your top four could happen with the top three almost a certainty. I think with ND talent that they could take the SOC this year though but it will be tough with Clay's senior class.
Western did lose alot,u could be right.

Return to “Softball”