Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Wheelersburg should win this game going away. 10+ points. I think they are the more talented team. Again I will say D-I athlete at WR and a scholarship player at QB.

I also believe they will win next weekend as well. Division V has benefitted the most from the Competitive Balance rule. Wheelersburg has not faced a private school in the playoffs and if they win, they won’t next week either. Also the CB rule has moved the teams that Wheelersburg can’t beat (Hartley & the good MAC teams) out of D-V. It is the perfect scenario for Wheelersburg.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:17 am Wheelersburg should win this game going away. 10+ points. I think they are the more talented team. Again I will say D-I athlete at WR and a scholarship player at QB.

I also believe they will win next weekend as well. Division V has benefitted the most from the Competitive Balance rule. Wheelersburg has not faced a private school in the playoffs and if they win, they won’t next week either. Also the CB rule has moved the teams that Wheelersburg can’t beat (Hartley & the good MAC teams) out of D-V. It is the perfect scenario for Wheelersburg.
Yes, It's moved the Hartley's of the world up and the Coldwater's down. (Creating D7 a few years ago also helps in D5, perfect division to be in at the right timeframe.)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

29 Hours 25 Minutes until Kickoff!!!! Looking forward to this game! Should be an instant classic!

GO BURG!!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Burg4 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:35 pm 29 Hours 25 Minutes until Kickoff!!!! Looking forward to this game! Should be an instant classic!

GO BURG!!!
Countdown is getting closer!!! I think this is my 5 state Semi game being played in southern Ohio!! Doesn’t happen often so when it does the stadium should be packed. Looking for a great game

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

I know it was talked about earlier, is it true that even though we are the visitors we are sitting on the home side stands. Thanks

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Burgball#1 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:55 pm I know it was talked about earlier, is it true that even though we are the visitors we are sitting on the home side stands. Thanks
Not that I’ve heard. I believe we are on the visiting side.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Burgball#1 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:55 pm I know it was talked about earlier, is it true that even though we are the visitors we are sitting on the home side stands. Thanks
I had heard the same thing. Can we get some official word on the situation. It could save some confusion at the stadium.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

a_c_m wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:23 pm
I had heard the same thing. Can we get some official word on the situation. It could save some confusion at the stadium.
I saw on facebook that Burg will be on the visiting side.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

No private schools left in D4—D7. Only 1 each left in top 3 divisions. This was the year of the Public School!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

a_c_m wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:35 pm
a_c_m wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:23 pm
I saw on facebook that Burg will be on the visiting side.
Just found out that we are on the visitor side. Probably be a lot of us sitting on the home side. Go Burg😊

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Let’s just say hypothetically there is not enough seats on the visitors side for the Burg and possible surrounding areas fans. Will they let them sit on the home side? Probably not!! Is there places to stand on the visitors side?

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:12 pm Let’s just say hypothetically there is not enough seats on the visitors side for the Burg and possible surrounding areas fans. Will they let them sit on the home side? Probably not!! Is there places to stand on the visitors side?
I don't think they will say anything about us setting in unoccupied seats.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Heading over to the county seat tmw night to root on a SE Ohio team. Forged a media pass on my computer, have a drone ready to hover over the JM bench, have the transmitter mounted in my steel toe boot, but I am having problems getting the mike cord running down my arm to not roll up when I put my pullover on. Anyone got any suggestions?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I haven’t been to a game at a neutral location where they have prohibited fans from sitting on either side.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

:lol:
Dandy Don wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:45 pm Heading over to the county seat tmw night to root on a SE Ohio team. Forged a media pass on my computer, have a drone ready to hover over the JM bench, have the transmitter mounted in my steel toe boot, but I am having problems getting the mike cord running down my arm to not roll up when I put my pullover on. Anyone got any suggestions?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :)

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:47 pm :lol:
Dandy Don wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:45 pm Heading over to the county seat tmw night to root on a SE Ohio team. Forged a media pass on my computer, have a drone ready to hover over the JM bench, have the transmitter mounted in my steel toe boot, but I am having problems getting the mike cord running down my arm to not roll up when I put my pullover on. Anyone got any suggestions?
I’ve heard if you dress in the opponents colors they will let you stand right by their coaches that are calling the plays. If you ask nicely they will talk right into your microphone

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:17 am Wheelersburg should win this game going away. 10+ points. I think they are the more talented team. Again I will say D-I athlete at WR and a scholarship player at QB.

This is well said.

I’ve been looking for a way to state this for about 15 months and didn’t want to come across in anyway offensive or disrespectful, but it’s a good assessment for topic at hand. Private’s are hard to contend with at final four spot and beyond.

MAC BREEDS it’s own special sauce for success and I believe Burg has started that in SEO.

I’ve not read this topic since page 1-2 & just logged in and saw this on page 15’ish, it’s a very good point. I also just wanted to come on and wish burg well and not have to read all the what if’s and comparative scores of opponent and those they’ve played that those they’ve played for rationlizing outcome of this game. It’s really pointless! Points on the scoreboard are the point!

GO BURG!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

fbnut wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:23 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:47 pm :lol:
I’ve heard if you dress in the opponents colors they will let you stand right by their coaches that are calling the plays. If you ask nicely they will talk right into your microphone
That’s funny. I don’t care who you are....

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:12 pm Let’s just say hypothetically there is not enough seats on the visitors side for the Burg and possible surrounding areas fans. Will they let them sit on the home side? Probably not!! Is there places to stand on the visitors side?
LOL, it's not assigned seating, LOL.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Burgball#1 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:37 pm
I don't think they will say anything about us setting in unoccupied seats.
Yeah they don't exactly make you show them a team card of who you're rooting for. OHSAA picks a stadium on size they know there isn't high school fields where the home and visitors seating is equal.

Return to “Football”