JV Team

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Pa Trojan »

thx Mattash !!

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Gallipolis wins the league on the back of Josh Faro.

Hail State
Waterboy

Post by Hail State »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:32 am Gallipolis wins the league on the back of Josh Faro.
Faro? In your dreams! :lol:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Hail State wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:17 pm
Fonzie wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:32 am Gallipolis wins the league on the back of Josh Faro.

Faro is probably the most dominant pitcher in the area. Definitely the most dominant pitcher in the OVC. Really there is no contest. He will give his team a chance to win, every time he is on the mound. It will be up to the other 8 or 9 guys in the lineup to determine the outcome of the games by scoring some runs. I believe GA will win the league, Faro will be Pitcher of the year, and Coach Justin Bailey will be coach of the year. If I am wrong come May, I will own up to it. But I feel very strongly about my opinion. But hey, thats why they play the games.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

I agree. Josh Faro will be the best pitcher in the OVC and like said above probably one of the best in the district. Will Gallias offense be good enough?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth will improve. Need pitching pretty bad but they started playing well at the end of last season.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Hail State
Waterboy

Post by Hail State »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:25 am
Hail State wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Faro is probably the most dominant pitcher in the area. Definitely the most dominant pitcher in the OVC. Really there is no contest. He will give his team a chance to win, every time he is on the mound. It will be up to the other 8 or 9 guys in the lineup to determine the outcome of the games by scoring some runs. I believe GA will win the league, Faro will be Pitcher of the year, and Coach Justin Bailey will be coach of the year. If I am wrong come May, I will own up to it. But I feel very strongly about my opinion. But hey, thats why they play the games.
funny crap right here! :lol:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I think Faro has his first hater. Must mean he's doing pretty good.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

You guys crack me up. I know trolls when I see them. Ya'll have a nice day.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:16 am I agree. Josh Faro will be the best pitcher in the OVC and like said above probably one of the best in the district. Will Gallias offense be good enough?
Gallia's offense in my opinion will be average at best. I wouldn't mind them proving me wrong. But with a new coach, I think some of it will be determined by how he coaches.

Championship07
Riding the Bench

Post by Championship07 »

Gallia- I agree with several posters in that Faro is the top OVC pitcher and probably tops in the southeast district. That being said I think they win 2-0; 3-1 with him on the mound and lose 10-3 with him not on the mound. Their offense wasn't great last year and losing a couple to graduation doesn't help matters.

Rock Hill- I believe RH returns the most talented roster in OVC. Their big question mark is can they replace Lewis on the mound. They can hit with anyone but it will be up to Smith, Hankins and Blankenship to get guys out.

Ironton- should bolster a decent lineup but I don't see them lining up a whole lot of pitching. My guess is Salyers will be their Ace which leaves their Fielding suspect at best.

South Point- Pointers lose a good chunk of guys off the district finals run. Including their top 2 pitchers. They do return a solid core however. Top of their lineup will hit and Blackwell will be in the discussion with Faro as the top pitcher in the league but they'll have to find some pitching behind him.

Coal Grove- CG for the 2nd straight year lose a good deal to graduation. Harmon and Matney will have to play really well for them to challenge for OVC.

Fairland- look for the dragons to improve a great deal under new head man Michael Hill. They return a majority of their guys with a decent group coming up. Sowards is an all district caliber player and they have quite a few athletes around him.

Chesapeake- one key for Peake is Browning playing or not. He's a great athlete but do the guys welcome him back after bailing on them last year. Losing Depriest and Hansen also hurts them a good deal. Coach Davis does a solid job getting his guys prepared and creating depth in his roster. I look for them to improve as the season goes on behind Dearth, Eddy and co.

Portsmouth- very young team last year that improved as the season went on. Their pitching is their Achilles heal however and with a league that has notable Ace's they may struggle.

My mid February prediction:
1. Rock Hill 12-2district final appearance
2. Gallia- 10-4 district semis
3. South Point- 9-5 district semis
4. Chesapeake 8-6 sectional finals
5. Fairland- 6-8 sectional finals
6. Ironton 6-8 sectional semis
7. Portsmouth 2-12 sectional semis
8 Coal Grove 1-13 sectional semis

DoDa
Waterboy

Post by DoDa »

Ironton has added two new players,I was told one is a good pitcher.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Portsmouth will be decent. Pitching will make or break the team. Have some kids who hasn’t played in a year or 2 or 3 coming back. I think it’s seniors that wanna stay in shape but can help the team. We need a starting rotation and a few other kids to pitch 1 or 2 innings. 3rd base needs filled. Outfield needs filled. I don’t expect much but I hope I’m wrong.
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wanted2k
Waterboy

Post by Wanted2k »

Agree that Faro will be one of the top pitchers in SEO.

But I think Rock Hill is the top OVC team until proven otherwise. The Redmen are very talented could be an outstanding year.

My surprise OVC team would be Ironton. I thought they had some talented kids last year. Might have underachieved. But that could change this year.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

The Trojans do have some players out that haven't played in a year or two. If they can find some consistency on the mound it will help. Coach Mcgraw has the program going in the right direction. Good numbers at the JH level as well..
Go Trojans!!

O-H
Waterboy

Post by O-H »

South Point loses a good amount of players from last years great season. Losing the Shaffer kid is gonna hurt them quite a bit. He was a straight competitor

Beergogglebluez
SE

Moses Guthrie wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:58 pm The Trojans do have some players out that haven't played in a year or two. If they can find some consistency on the mound it will help. Coach Mcgraw has the program going in the right direction. Good numbers at the JH level as well..
Go Trojans!!
I’d love to see a jv team or somehow get kids some playing time. Last year a number of kids set all year long. With no jv program kids can’t really get better. Need game time swings and experience. But not sure many schools have numbers for a jv team.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

Championship07 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:36 am Gallia- I agree with several posters in that Faro is the top OVC pitcher and probably tops in the southeast district. That being said I think they win 2-0; 3-1 with him on the mound and lose 10-3 with him not on the mound. Their offense wasn't great last year and losing a couple to graduation doesn't help matters.

Rock Hill- I believe RH returns the most talented roster in OVC. Their big question mark is can they replace Lewis on the mound. They can hit with anyone but it will be up to Smith, Hankins and Blankenship to get guys out.

Ironton- should bolster a decent lineup but I don't see them lining up a whole lot of pitching. My guess is Salyers will be their Ace which leaves their Fielding suspect at best.

South Point- Pointers lose a good chunk of guys off the district finals run. Including their top 2 pitchers. They do return a solid core however. Top of their lineup will hit and Blackwell will be in the discussion with Faro as the top pitcher in the league but they'll have to find some pitching behind him.

Coal Grove- CG for the 2nd straight year lose a good deal to graduation. Harmon and Matney will have to play really well for them to challenge for OVC.

Fairland- look for the dragons to improve a great deal under new head man Michael Hill. They return a majority of their guys with a decent group coming up. Sowards is an all district caliber player and they have quite a few athletes around him.

Chesapeake- one key for Peake is Browning playing or not. He's a great athlete but do the guys welcome him back after bailing on them last year. Losing Depriest and Hansen also hurts them a good deal. Coach Davis does a solid job getting his guys prepared and creating depth in his roster. I look for them to improve as the season goes on behind Dearth, Eddy and co.

Portsmouth- very young team last year that improved as the season went on. Their pitching is their Achilles heal however and with a league that has notable Ace's they may struggle.

My mid February prediction:
1. Rock Hill 12-2district final appearance
2. Gallia- 10-4 district semis
3. South Point- 9-5 district semis
4. Chesapeake 8-6 sectional finals
5. Fairland- 6-8 sectional finals
6. Ironton 6-8 sectional semis
7. Portsmouth 2-12 sectional semis
8 Coal Grove 1-13 sectional semis
I agree with your statement about Gallia and Faro. They are going to win a lot of low scoring games with him on the mound. I still expect them to win the OVC

Cbbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Cbbuckeye »

Road to the OVC goes threw RH. They have 7 returning starters with 3 of their top 4 Pitchers back. Faro is probly best pitcher in the league but 1 player doesn’t win the league. JMO

Return to “Baseball”