Future Division I Quarterbacks in SE Ohio

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Future Division I Quarterbacks in SE Ohio

Post by VetteMan »

I know Point Pleasant is not SEO. Ice, the QB for Jackson would probably have an opinion, as I think they were both QBs at PP a couple years ago.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

bertflow56 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:48 pm Are there any Quarterbacks in the southeast going to play at a Division I college? Future or potential? Names, HS, HT, WT....
No

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The closest, er, “most likely”, D1 prospect at QB in Southeastern Ohio would definitely have to be the QB from Bloom-Carroll.

Otto Kuhns, c/o 2020, 6’3” 195lb. Best quarterback PROSPECT (emphasis) in Fairfield County. I think all in all he is the best playmaker and leader at the QB position within a 30 mile radius up here, but the Pickerington Central quarterback and his ring finger politely disagrees.

The quarterback from Fisher Cath has a little bit of interest, as a quarterback, from Western Michigan and a few FCS’s. I don’t think he’s D1 material, namely because of his measurements and the fact he plays for a team that barely passes. But, he’ll be playing college football at a good school and fulfilling a dream!

bertflow56
Waterboy

Post by bertflow56 »

I was looking at any D1 level QBs

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Football14 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:46 pm
bertflow56 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:48 pm Are there any Quarterbacks in the southeast going to play at a Division I college? Future or potential? Names, HS, HT, WT....
Jackson’s starting Quarterback #12 Junior Jared Icenhower has several D I and DII schools interested in him. He goes to camps, works hard. He is a smart player - knows the game. He is dual threat. One of the players told me that ICE was the starting quarterback in an all star game in Texas a few years ago and was in the finals in a national quarterback competition. His Dad is like 6’8” and the kid is strong for a qb and has a great arm. Great humble kid!
Wow, so he's a junior now and a few years ago he was in the finals of a quarterback competition in junior high?? Impressive having a QB like that surprised Jackson doesn't try to adhpjust the offensive a bit to allow him to use his duel threat abilities.

Burg2000
Waterboy

Post by Burg2000 »

I like to say dumb stuff then say lol and act cool because I’m from the burg!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

D1 QB is big time. How many have there been from SE District over the years? Not a great amount. I do t know that I’ve seen a D1 QB this year.

bertflow56
Waterboy

Post by bertflow56 »

Waverly had a QB go to New Mexico State a few years back.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Don’t believe I’ve seen any Power 5 scholly players this year in SE district. Let alone a QB.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bertflow56 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:31 pm Waverly had a QB go to New Mexico State a few years back.
He also changed positions when he went there as well though. That's been several years back now as well.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

alabama mike wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:00 pm D1? Am I missing something? Are we talking power 5 or group of 5? Not sure I have seen any D1 players.
Power 5 and group fo 5 are all D1 schools.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:17 pm D1 QB is big time. How many have there been from SE District over the years? Not a great amount. I do t know that I’ve seen a D1 QB this year.
As far as Ohio there are not too many QBs this year that will go to major colleges. Maybe small DI

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

se-alum wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:12 am
alabama mike wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:00 pm D1? Am I missing something? Are we talking power 5 or group of 5? Not sure I have seen any D1 players.
True, they are all D1 schools but most people would tend to agree that the Power 5 conferences are the big time programs to play for. If you have Offers from the Power 5 conferences then you can play for any Group of 5 conferences you choose.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Blackjack wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:08 pm
se-alum wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:12 am
True, they are all D1 schools but most people would tend to agree that the Power 5 conferences are the big time programs to play for. If you have Offers from the Power 5 conferences then you can play for any Group of 5 conferences you choose.
There are plenty of kids that will go to Group of 5 schools and prove their capable of playing Power 5 football. That's why I don't see much of a distinction between them. The Power 5 schools can only recruit so many QB's, leaving kids with Power 5 talent to accept Group of 5 offers.

23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

se-alum wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:19 am I could see Shanks at Waverly getting some D1 offers.
No lie that the kid is a great quarterback, but i do not see him getting D1 offer. Sorry to say but i just do not think he will be good enough to receive a d1 offer. I see him fitting into a D2 team at best.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Often, good doesn't matter a darn if a player doesn't fit the D1 mold for height, frame, and speed.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

D1 doesn’t mean it has to be Ohio State....

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:59 pm D1 doesn’t mean it has to be Ohio State....
You'd be surprised how that gets lost on a lot of people, not to mention the fact that D2/3 can give full scholarship offers if the player warrants it and they really want to land him.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

If you take out d1 high school since we have none in the area, how many kids can you name from the entire state that went full ride to any d1 and played qb? I highly doubt we have any in the area right now. Off the top of my head....

1. Ben mauk
2. Maty mauk
3. Bobby hoying
4. Todd Beckmann
5. Zack dysert
6. Conley From lcc mich st beat osu
7. Kid from coldwater played a Miami of Ohio
8. Betkie from Marion local went to Pitt then transferred to findly
9. Kaizer went to Notre dame
10. Need to confirm how many from Newark Catholic went from the 80s licking county fan

Off the top of my head that’s what I have. Plenty more went for other sports or went for another position but for non d1 high schools that’s what I came up with. Not a long list I know there must be more but it is very hard to go d1 power 5 or not.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

D3 cannot give athletic grants-in-aid.

They can make sure a kids FAFSA need is met and give academic scholarships, but not schollys.

Most D2 scholarships are partials.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/division-ii-p ... ship-model

Return to “Football”