Jr High week 8

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
14U
S

Re: Jr High week 8

Post by 14U »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:30 am Wheelersburg 23
Valley 18

Valley was up 12-0 in the 2nd and 18-7 in the 3rd but Wheelersburg came back and made the plays to get it done.
Yes good game to watch. Burg changed their backfield before last week game but put them back in second half of valley game. That’s when they started moving the ball. Valley had a great game plan and it worked. Burg couldn’t block valleys defensive line as there was 2 or 3 in backfield all night. Valley is a great tackling team too. I just don’t know why valley was throwing the ball well but couldn’t run, then started running the ball late knowing Burg was fired up after scoring. Valley lost yards on two straight plays.i would have kept throwing high percentage passes to keep the ball away from burg. I know you try to run clock but u can’t go backwards while doing it. It was a great game to watch.

Injun
Waterboy

Post by Injun »

14U wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:55 pm
Valley 18

Valley was up 12-0 in the 2nd and 18-7 in the 3rd but Wheelersburg came back and made the plays to get it done.
Yes good game to watch. Burg changed their backfield before last week game but put them back in second half of valley game. That’s when they started moving the ball. Valley had a great game plan and it worked. Burg couldn’t block valleys defensive line as there was 2 or 3 in backfield all night. Valley is a great tackling team too. I just don’t know why valley was throwing the ball well but couldn’t run, then started running the ball late knowing Burg was fired up after scoring. Valley lost yards on two straight plays.i would have kept throwing high percentage passes to keep the ball away from burg. I know you try to run clock but u can’t go backwards while doing it. It was a great game to watch.
Surprised there wasn't more posts about this game.
From what I read all season I really thought Wheelersburg would have been alot better.

Little buck
Waterboy

Post by Little buck »

Jackson 7th 46
Greenfield 7th 8
30-8 halftime score.
Game much closer than the score.
Greenfield has a much improved 7th grade class. Good potential in this class.
Greenfield fumbled 6 times. Without the fumbles it would of been much closer.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Injun wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:03 pm
14U wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:55 pm
Valley 18

Surprised there wasn't more posts about this game.
From what I read all season I really thought Wheelersburg would have been alot better.
Ur right about that. It’s like the season over for both and so was the post about game. I know valley played a good game and should have been talked about. Valleys QB was for real, nice arm and hit his targets. They just didn’t have a running game to help the pass.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

8th Grade
Ironton 30
Portsmouth 0

7th Grade
Ironton 0
Portsmouth 14

Ironton's 8th grade completed conference play without giving up a score. They finished the year with a record of 7-1 with their lone loss coming from a very talented Wheelersburg team 12-8. The Tigers outscored opponents 228-12. Great year Fighting Tigers!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point 7th 8 Ironton 6. This was the only game the SP7th played all season due to the fact that most of them played on the 8th grade squad because SP only had like 4 8th graders. They did play some quarters after the 8th games but very few.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”