Vinton County 35 River Valley 0

Laertes
Waterboy

Re: Week#8 Vinton county @ River Valley

Post by Laertes »

PE is officially the Mark May of SEO Preps. Hater of the year, unanimous choice.

In this thread, he is on record for the following claims:

1. It is Sparling’s fault for the teams current lack of success, even though he has not coached them since October of 2017.

2. Sparling’s weight room was terrible.

3. It is Sparling’s fault that some of his players went on to the world of college football, quit, and racked up debt from the cost of tuition.

What I’m really wondering now is what atrocity did Coach Sparling commit to Prep Expert? He must have bagged up dog poop, set it on fire on PE’s front porch, rang the doorbell and ran. Certainly, this much hate cannot stem from high school football.

PE- just give it up dude. You may not have liked or agreed with him, but the man won, filled the stands, and made the playoffs... all at RV. I know, I was there. I think anyone who went to that playoff game would have said that he must have done a few things right to get the Raiders that place. Sure, he had a couple of nice classes, but those kids were in junior high when he got there. Someone had to develop them and change some things, because RV history said they were destined for less than 10 wins in their 4 years in the black and silver. I am personally greatful my son was able to be a part of this and I would go back and let him play for him again in a heartbeat.

Just because he didn’t do it the way you would have doesn’t discredit the things the Raiders accomplished in his time. In fact, what have they accomplished in the time before or after him? Can any other RV coach say they accomplished similar things? Thankfully, your opinion doesn’t mean anything, so it does not actually stain anything that was actually accomplished by the players and staff that worked so hard to change RV.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

What happens if a mad polecat and a lonesome polecat join forces?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

And HAMLET is just about my favorite play of Shakespeare's.

Laertes
Waterboy

Post by Laertes »

My apologies to the Vinton County SEO Prep readers for the ignorance that has appeared on this thread. We are currently having a lot of issues here at RV.

Not to be a jerk, but you guys might be able to relate. You had Justy, we currently have his protégée. We are experiencing similar issues to that of what you guys went through.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

madpolecat wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:54 am What happens if a mad polecat and a lonesome polecat join forces?

POLECATS ALWAYS WIN! We need a semipro team called the polecats!

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Laertes wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:08 am My apologies to the Vinton County SEO Prep readers for the ignorance that has appeared on this thread. We are currently having a lot of issues here at RV.

Not to be a jerk, but you guys might be able to relate. You had Justy, we currently have his protégée. We are experiencing similar issues to that of what you guys went through.
I thought it was just another day at the ........office.........errr....... beer joint. VC would always be undefeated if it werent for some of these donley coaches we keep hiring. We feel your pain. Guessing that other coaches would have won a state title with the talent Sparling had. When we had Testy or jesty or whatever his name was we had some of the best talent in school history. Look where it got us. But on the bright side, I drank A LOT of Blatz during that time.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

DONKEY coaches....sorry....got the shakes this morning

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Laertes wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:11 pm
Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:21 pm
Sports101 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:00 am RV was about to run it’s previous coach out of town after 2 2-Win seasons in the loaded OVC, let alone a defeated season. The previous coach got lucky with 2 stud classes and enough time with them, Peck was given a solid football team with enough to compete if not win EVERY game but 2.
Not sure what kind of Gatorade you are drinking but people in the coaching community all knew RV was headed into a rebuild this year. Not to mention that going from a spread offense to a meat grinder offense is quite a change in thinking for the kids. Btw they read this stuff and don’t need to see you or any of the other so called RV “fans” trashing any aspect of the program.

People in the coaching community knew they were rebuilding? Give us more insight since you are obviously in this circle. From the outside looking in, all I saw was a lot of sophomores that were turning into juniors that people seemed to be high on. I have to admit, they aren’t a bad looking kids physically. All I have seen is a program going in the opposite direction from what it was a couple of years ago, coaches who get out-coached, then yell at the kids for them getting out-coached, and then refuse to adjust and get out-coached again until the other team puts the JV players in.

I don’t buy that crap about the change in thinking about going from the spread to a “meat grinder” offense. It is the job of the coach to put the kids they are coaching in the best possible position to succeed. Period. Can they say that they are doing this with this “meat grinder” offense? And if this is a “meat grinder,” exactly what part of the operation are they? Judging by 56 rushing yards last week against a bad Alexander team, it got “grounded”up pretty good. It looks more like a brick wall offense, like “let’s line up our kids and run them straight into a brick wall until we can run through it. Let’s not try to run around it or pass over it.... we are going to run through it!” As a long-time supporter, it is frustrating to watch us have the worst offense in the state after watching RV have offensive success for the past few years and a couple of different groups of players. Are these kids just not talented? I doubt that.

FYI - if you are in the coaching community ... stay off of Preps. Leave Preps to the real Arm Chair Coaches... us.
I dont coach but I talk to many of them. Nobody expected RV to be very good this year. And i trust their opinions way more than thwhiney butts that exist on here to seek and destroy

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

VC up 14-0

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

28-0 VC

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

35-0 VC

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

WHAT??? Are you talking about. Win every game but 2? Are you serious. For the record I'm not putting RV down either. I just know who they've played this year.
Sports101 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:00 am RV was about to run it’s previous coach out of town after 2 2-Win seasons in the loaded OVC, let alone a defeated season. The previous coach got lucky with 2 stud classes and enough time with them, Peck was given a solid football team with enough to compete if not win EVERY game but 2.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Sorry but I have to disagree that this is the softest schedule they've played in a few years.
Laertes wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:12 pm I’ve said this on another thread.... this is actually the softest total schedule in a few years if you look at all 10 games.

2018 - 1 playoff team on the schedule. Athens isn’t getting in, but them and Coal Grove are good teams.

2017 - Two playoff teams and a good Athens team.

2016 - Two playoff teams and a good Athens team.

2015 - 3 playoff teams, 4 if you count the actual playoff game. Meigs and Athens were good that year too.

2014 - 2 playoff teams.

Didn’t RV have the most success, all-state players, and kids getting an opportunity to play in college during those years? I’m glad they were able to overcome a terrible lifting program to accomplish these things.

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

Raiderball wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:56 pm Sorry but I have to disagree that this is the softest schedule they've played in a few years.
Laertes wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:12 pm I’ve said this on another thread.... this is actually the softest total schedule in a few years if you look at all 10 games.

2018 - 1 playoff team on the schedule. Athens isn’t getting in, but them and Coal Grove are good teams.

2017 - Two playoff teams and a good Athens team.

2016 - Two playoff teams and a good Athens team.

2015 - 3 playoff teams, 4 if you count the actual playoff game. Meigs and Athens were good that year too.

2014 - 2 playoff teams.

Didn’t RV have the most success, all-state players, and kids getting an opportunity to play in college during those years? I’m glad they were able to overcome a terrible lifting program to accomplish these things.
Why? Prove it

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

RV dropped Eastern and South Point, two wins from last year. RV picked up Coal Grove, defending OVC Champs, and Portsmouth. I believe RV thought they would have at LB and RB Jacob Campbell when this schedule was put together.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

They also dropped Waverly for SG. Waverly was a better team than both P-town and CG. So overall it may be a slightly easier schedule. VC, Wellston, and Meigs are not as good as they have been. Alexander a little better but was a very winnable game.

Too many “me’s” on the team from that junior class. Obviously not a well coached team.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Best Gallia team in 10 plus years.
CG and Portsmouth = or better than Waverly.
SG = o better than SP and Eastern.
Have to disagree with you on Wellston. Look at who they've lost too. Same for Meigs and NY.

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

Meigs, NY, Wellston are NOWHERE NEAR the caliber of teams they were last year. CG and Portsmouth would have gotten crushed by waverly.

Non conference schedule overall is a little tougher. Conference is WAY DOWN.

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

They should have beaten NY, Wellston, Alexander, and VC. They could have beaten CG and Meigs

Prep Expert
Freshman Team

Post by Prep Expert »

Sports 101 they would of won those games if they would of had their guru

Return to “Football”