The Future of the PVC

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: The Future of the PVC

Post by EasternDspy »

RespectAllFearNone wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:57 pm Don’t see this league lasting much longer. It’s been pretty pathetic.
The pathetic 5 team league sends 2 teams to the playoffs almost every year.

Twogirls
Waterboy

Post by Twogirls »

I cant say for certain but I would be very surprised if we get Buckeye Trail back. The people I talk to there in the know love the IVC, they feel last year it was a very small minority of people who made a lot of noise. The dislike for the IVC wasnt as bad as it seemed. Now the IVC is making even more changes with switching Newcomerstown and Sandy Valley and possibly adding Conotton Valley. They will look to keep Barnesville, Caldwell and hopefully add a Monroe Central or Fort Frye and call it a day. Ask me this same questions last year I would have said Trail would bolt, but now after some of those people have left and quieted down I think Trail will stay. Trail fans do hate the crossover games in the IVC.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Twogirls wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:17 am I cant say for certain but I would be very surprised if we get Buckeye Trail back. The people I talk to there in the know love the IVC, they feel last year it was a very small minority of people who made a lot of noise. The dislike for the IVC wasnt as bad as it seemed. Now the IVC is making even more changes with switching Newcomerstown and Sandy Valley and possibly adding Conotton Valley. They will look to keep Barnesville, Caldwell and hopefully add a Monroe Central or Fort Frye and call it a day. Ask me this same questions last year I would have said Trail would bolt, but now after some of those people have left and quieted down I think Trail will stay. Trail fans do hate the crossover games in the IVC.
The people I talked to say the direct opposite. Why go to Canton on a Tuesday for Volleyball when you can go to Shenandoah or Caldwell. Like you said they hate the crossover games.

Schedule of
Fort
Shenandoah
Caldwell
Monroe Central
Barnesville

Would be way more ideal in football

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Can't see Monroe Central ever joining the IVC. Their A.D. would never do it and the once proud program can't dress 20 kids anymore.
Everyone's playing Fortnite. The PVC was once a proud little conference, but those days are gone sadly.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:32 am
Twogirls wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:17 am I cant say for certain but I would be very surprised if we get Buckeye Trail back. The people I talk to there in the know love the IVC, they feel last year it was a very small minority of people who made a lot of noise. The dislike for the IVC wasnt as bad as it seemed. Now the IVC is making even more changes with switching Newcomerstown and Sandy Valley and possibly adding Conotton Valley. They will look to keep Barnesville, Caldwell and hopefully add a Monroe Central or Fort Frye and call it a day. Ask me this same questions last year I would have said Trail would bolt, but now after some of those people have left and quieted down I think Trail will stay. Trail fans do hate the crossover games in the IVC.
The people I talked to say the direct opposite. Why go to Canton on a Tuesday for Volleyball when you can go to Shenandoah or Caldwell. Like you said they hate the crossover games.

Schedule of
Fort
Shenandoah
Caldwell
Monroe Central
Barnesville

Yes, crossovers are brutal but the travel is worse! Yes, they will be able to compete in their division in football but how about all the other sports in IVC? Still blows my mind they left PVC in the first place. Can't understand why this wouldn't be a perfect fit for all..6 for sure and find 2 more if you want divisions:

Fort Frye
Monroe Central
Barnesville
Shenandoah
Buckeye Trail
Caldwell

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BobcatQB wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:25 am
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:32 am

Schedule of
Fort
Shenandoah
Caldwell
Monroe Central
Barnesville

Yes, crossovers are brutal but the travel is worse! Yes, they will be able to compete in their division in football but how about all the other sports in IVC? Still blows my mind they left PVC in the first place. Can't understand why this wouldn't be a perfect fit for all..6 for sure and find 2 more if you want divisions:

Fort Frye
Monroe Central
Barnesville
Shenandoah
Buckeye Trail
Caldwell

Trail only committed to IVC for 3 years. Them coming back is a huge possibility.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Doubt Barnesville joins. Their A.D. would consider it a step down.

Nothing better than a great tan on a nude beach!
wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

I gotta agree with this. From what I gather, there were a few vocal people in the district (running for school board) who raised a lot of stink. They lost and most of the pot-stirring died down. Might be a few fans who don't like the drive to Malvern or East Canton. Also it appears as if the IVC brass has heard the noise (raised by more than just Trail) and is making changes. Even talk of Harrison Central bolting from the Buckeye Eight to join the IVC big school division. If IVC eliminates the crossover games that will cure everything. Other sports? I'm not sure how basketball views the IVC, but lets face it, football pays the bills....

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

wagner97 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:53 pm
I gotta agree with this. From what I gather, there were a few vocal people in the district (running for school board) who raised a lot of stink. They lost and most of the pot-stirring died down. Might be a few fans who don't like the drive to Malvern or East Canton. Also it appears as if the IVC brass has heard the noise (raised by more than just Trail) and is making changes. Even talk of Harrison Central bolting from the Buckeye Eight to join the IVC big school division. If IVC eliminates the crossover games that will cure everything. Other sports? I'm not sure how basketball views the IVC, but lets face it, football pays the bills....
I don’t want to stir the pot but like I said the people I know from the inside at Trail do not like anything about the IVC. I truly believe Trail would be a playoff team this year if they just played old schedule.

Return to “Football”