Ironton 21 Coal Grove 12

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Half Slice »

Observers at the Tank for practice said the pads were really popping tonight on defensive day. The Hornets better expect to get hit squarely in the mouth when the bus doors open on Friday.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Half Slice wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:55 pm Observers at the Tank for practice said the pads were really popping tonight on defensive day. The Hornets better expect to get hit squarely in the mouth when the bus doors open on Friday.
:lol: Would that be a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty on the kickoff ?

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Half Slice wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:55 pm Observers at the Tank for practice said the pads were really popping tonight on defensive day. The Hornets better expect to get hit squarely in the mouth when the bus doors open on Friday.
The Tigers are ready and waiting! These coaches have got them ready! I would not want to be hit by Duncan, Fosson, Carrico, Crabtree or Deere! I’d run the other way like most do!

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Who has Ironton played in Ohio? Kentucky don't count hs football sucks over there

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

You can look up the schedule on ohsaa.com or joe eitel. Maybe even a list of the schedule on this website. 🙄

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Fan Friday wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:03 am
The Tigers are ready and waiting! These coaches have got them ready! I would not want to be hit by Duncan, Fosson, Carrico, Crabtree or Deere! I’d run the other way like most do!
I wouldn’t want to hit the Cg rh recruits either... Cg has a few that hit back remember that...

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Yukntny wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:20 am Really refs do the best they can in my opinion. Are some calls questionable. Yes. But to say it’s only at Ironton is crazy. I’ve seen my fair share of odd calls at CG and other places. The remark of being down 14 when you play at Ironton can easily be said at about every school around here.
Ironton fans get so butthurt over it is why most people still say it lol of course there is bad calls every game and refs never cost a team a game there is always something a play or coach can do that would change the outcome... bad calls everywhere yes just more common at tanks

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

2trap_4ever wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:35 am The only thing that will determine this game is if the Grove can somehow muster up something that looks like a run defense. Haven't seen it yet this year, but anything is possible.

And before my fellow Hornets get on here and rebuke me, I am just saying what everyone else is thinking. Our run defense is terrible.
Just because you criticize Cg doesn’t mean you hate them or are rooting against them. Yes we have got to step up on defense!!! There is a lot to work on but D being most in need of attention!

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Ironton only has one game in question before the playoffs starts and that's with GA and I don't think they will have that much trouble with them either. Will be watching another MAC game this week just don't know witch one as there are some good ones this week.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:19 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 am the recruiting and ref comments, I won't even give any attention to. but I think this will be a dandy ball game. but I think ironton prevails.
come on bait....tell us how daddy's got big time pay jobs at AK Steel just to bring their sons to play for Lutz and how the refs lived in an apartment behind Tank Stadium :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
that's right county I forgot about the part time taco bell jobs,taking out the trash at peddlers restaurant, and picking up the cigaretee buttins in the cvs parking lot gigs, the grass cutting and janitorial gigs and baby sitting opportunities provided as well. when I brought in the 2 youngest baits to play at ironton in junior high.even though it was 16 miles one way from my house to rock hill. and only 8 miles from my hose to ironton high. I got to clean the lockers rooms n terlets after practice.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

RACELAND wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:30 pm If you want to get for sure cheated schedule Paintsville in Kentucky. It’s beyond belief. After we played there I told coach Lewis (former Ironton coach) I don’t want anybody to ever talk about getting cheated at Ironton. It holds no candle to playing at Paintsville. When Paintsville recovers a fumble the refs scream OUR BALL!
that's a hoot ram man. they must throw their caps in the air and high 5 each other too.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:15 am
countywide35 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:19 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 am the recruiting and ref comments, I won't even give any attention to. but I think this will be a dandy ball game. but I think ironton prevails.
come on bait....tell us how daddy's got big time pay jobs at AK Steel just to bring their sons to play for Lutz and how the refs lived in an apartment behind Tank Stadium :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
that's right county I forgot about the part time taco bell jobs,taking out the trash at peddlers restaurant, and picking up the cigaretee buttins in the cvs parking lot gigs, the grass cutting and janitorial gigs and baby sitting opportunities provided as well. when I brought in the 2 youngest baits to play at ironton in junior high.even though it was 16 miles one way from my house to rock hill. and only 8 miles from my hose to ironton high. I got to clean the lockers rooms n terlets after practice.
that sounds a little more in line :D

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
OVCFAN83
Waterboy

Post by OVCFAN83 »

Going with the Grover's on a last second FG from the 33!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

buckeyenation wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:20 am Who has Ironton played in Ohio? Kentucky don't count hs football sucks over there
They have played wheelersburg. And to lose by 22 sounds silly but it’s bragging rights to most teams lol. They held burg to 7 points in the 2nd half. Playing the same ovc schedule as anyone. Russell may not be good but Ashland is pretty good. Wheelersburg starts playing them next year. Raceland went over and beat west. All states have there good teams and bad. No one talks about West Virginia high schools but Huntington high could beat most teams in southern Ohio and Kentucky. Spring valley has a division 1 line and pretty good as well.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Waterboy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:28 pm
2trap_4ever wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:11 pm
OVCFAN83 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Didn't they lose all 5 down lineman and both linebackers from last years defense?
We lost 2 linebackers and 3 lineman.

Flyer, we already faced him a few weeks ago. He put 261 yards and 3 touchdowns on us.
And both starting corners and both defensive ends . So that’s 9 defensive starters we loast from last year
According to the Pigskin Preview CG had 3 defense and 4 offense returning. Ironton, Gallia and RH had the most returning starters in the OVC. I think.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

OVCFAN83 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:28 am Going with the Grover's on a last second FG from the 33!

This would be an awesome finish.

Bigger question, left or right hash?

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Fattseycline wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:57 am
I wouldn’t want to hit the Cg rh recruits either... Cg has a few that hit back remember that...
You sound very butthurt as you put it! Simmer down now!

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Fan Friday wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Butthurt about what? I just stated the facts.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Fattseycline wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:29 pm
Fan Friday wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:20 pm
Butthurt about what? I just stated the facts.
You sound like an angry person that maybe a kid left CG! I don’t know of any RH recruits that you are speaking of! Just chill and calm down. You could say that about ever school. Always someone transferring in and out!

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

good luck tonight TIGERS, won't be a easy one but I think we can pull it out, good luck tigers and hope for no injuries .

Return to “Football”