Fort Frye

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy »

Now that the PVC is crumbling what options does Fort have?

rickoshay
SEOP

Re: Fort Frye

Post by rickoshay »

Maybe MVL for better competition. Hate to think OVAC only. Those up in the valley probably would not wish to travel to Beverly.
And thinking about travel up there, ditto to that idea. Lets hear your thoughts D'spy?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm sure at some point they will reach out to the TVC but do they wanna play Athens every year?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

rickoshay wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:46 pm Maybe MVL for better competition. Hate to think OVAC only. Those up in the valley probably would not wish to travel to Beverly.
And thinking about travel up there, ditto to that idea. Lets hear your thoughts D'spy?
The MVL already has the teams they want to expand. I don't see them adding anymore.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Not sure what they’ll do.

Cats claw
Riding the Bench

Post by Cats claw »

Ff would be competitive in tvc Ohio . The buckeyes hold there own against Athens . Fort free would not be undefeated most years but would definitely earn it the years they were

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Athens
Gallia
Jackson
Warren
Logan
Marietta

Meigs
Ny
VC
Wellston
Rv
Trimble
Alex
FF

Belpre
Waterford
Miller
Eastern
Southern
SG
Wahama
Fed hock

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:37 pm Athens
Gallia
Jackson
Warren
Logan
Marietta

Meigs
Ny
VC
Wellston
Rv
Trimble
Alex
FF

Belpre
Waterford
Miller
Eastern
Southern
SG
Wahama
Fed hock

Didn’t Marietta and Warren just join ECOL?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Marietta has been in the ECOL for a few years now and Warren just joined, but I think if the TVC threw this setup at them, they would take it over the long trips to northern Ohio they’ll have in the ECOL. Even if warren and Marietta didn’t join, this could be worked out somehow. 3 division TVC needs to happen.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:41 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:37 pm Athens
Gallia
Jackson
Warren
Logan
Marietta

Meigs
Ny
VC
Wellston
Rv
Trimble
Alex
FF

Belpre
Waterford
Miller
Eastern
Southern
SG
Wahama
Fed hock

Didn’t Marietta and Warren just join ECOL?
Certain schools would never go for this because it would be equitable, fair and balanced but it would be the best fit for all schools concerned. Good alignment and if that would ever happen . :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

The TVC should extend an invite to Fort Frye to join the Hocking division. This would give them 10 members and everyone would have a nonconference game in week 1 for football.

Every team in the Hocking is already driving to Waterford, whats another 2 miles? However, the Cadets may not like the long drive vs what they have now in all sports.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If I was the TVC I would consider making the TVC - Hocking into 2 Divisions of 5 teams in each division. By adding Fort Frye you would just make the Hocking that much stronger. I then would consider trying to get Oak Hill to come into the TVC - Ohio, making it 8 schools. Just a thought.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:58 pm If I was the TVC I would consider making the TVC - Hocking into 2 Divisions of 5 teams in each division. By adding Fort Frye you would just make the Hocking that much stronger. I then would consider trying to get Oak Hill to come into the TVC - Ohio, making it 8 schools. Just a thought.
I’d love that. Lol

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford would probably hate Fort Frye in the Hocking.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just a general question! Does it depend on the League,or the Conference as to whether when voting for another school being admitted, that it has to be approved by a unamious vote?

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I wouldn't want to join a league without an assigner for refs. Usually, if we play out of The OVAC, officiating is terrible. It seriously detracts from my enjoyment of the game.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:50 pm Just a general question! Does it depend on the League,or the Conference as to whether when voting for another school being admitted, that it has to be approved by a unamious vote?
Depends on the conference. The TVC has a 2/3 rule. Other conferences/leagues require a 100% consensus.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:06 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:50 pm Just a general question! Does it depend on the League,or the Conference as to whether when voting for another school being admitted, that it has to be approved by a unamious vote?
Depends on the conference. The TVC has a 2/3 rule. Other conferences/leagues require a 100% consensus.
Thank you! Once more about the expansion. I know Fort Frye would make the TVC Hocking even that much stronger. With the exception of Athens, more years than not Oak Hill would be able to hold there own in the TVC Ohio.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:25 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:06 pm
Thank you! Once more about the expansion. I know Fort Frye would make the TVC Hocking even that much stronger. With the exception of Athens, more years than not Oak Hill would be able to hold there own in the TVC Ohio.
Completely agree with you.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

If they want in it would have to be the Ohio.
I would think if past is prologue that they would be competitive in Football and both Basketballs immediately.
They might not want to face Athens, NY, Meigs, and the others on a regular basis in football and the drive to VC, Wellston, and RV wouldn't be fun in the Winter and Spring.
If the league folds up on them they may not have a choice.

Return to “Football”