Ironton 21 Coal Grove 12

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by CGFAN#1 »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:14 am Holy crap. It's 2018 and there are still people that believe refs cheat for Ironton at home. That is just as ridiculous now as it was 40 years ago. Give it up already.
How easy you forget. 2 years ago CG versus Ironton and the mysterious scrum where Ironton came out with the ball well after the whistle blew made a huge impact on that games outcome. Was it cheating? Debatable.
I hope calls are fair. I can say CG has had several calls at home and away that hurt outcomes yet all losses were winnable.
I hope this game is clean and injury free.

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

Really refs do the best they can in my opinion. Are some calls questionable. Yes. But to say it’s only at Ironton is crazy. I’ve seen my fair share of odd calls at CG and other places. The remark of being down 14 when you play at Ironton can easily be said at about every school around here.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the recruiting and ref comments, I won't even give any attention to. but I think this will be a dandy ball game. but I think ironton prevails.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The grove is one team that doesn’t fear the old mystique of ironton anymore. They’ve been in almost every game since the joining of ironton. With it being at ironton and ironton probably overall a better team, I’d say ironton pulls it out with a couple of scores late. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an upset but I don’t think it will happen.

28-14

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

CGFAN#1 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:09 am
79Tiger wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:14 am Holy crap. It's 2018 and there are still people that believe refs cheat for Ironton at home. That is just as ridiculous now as it was 40 years ago. Give it up already.
How easy you forget. 2 years ago CG versus Ironton and the mysterious scrum where Ironton came out with the ball well after the whistle blew made a huge impact on that games outcome. Was it cheating? Debatable.
I hope calls are fair. I can say CG has had several calls at home and away that hurt outcomes yet all losses were winnable.
I hope this game is clean and injury free.
Just wondering! Did Coal Grove win the OVC last year? Were there no Scrums, and were all the Calls Fair last year?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

The only thing that will determine this game is if the Grove can somehow muster up something that looks like a run defense. Haven't seen it yet this year, but anything is possible.

And before my fellow Hornets get on here and rebuke me, I am just saying what everyone else is thinking. Our run defense is terrible.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

2trap_4ever wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:35 am The only thing that will determine this game is if the Grove can somehow muster up something that looks like a run defense. Haven't seen it yet this year, but anything is possible.

And before my fellow Hornets get on here and rebuke me, I am just saying what everyone else is thinking. Our run defense is terrible.
If that's the case, I'll go 35-14 Tigers

OVCFAN83
Waterboy

Post by OVCFAN83 »

2trap_4ever wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:35 am The only thing that will determine this game is if the Grove can somehow muster up something that looks like a run defense. Haven't seen it yet this year, but anything is possible.

Didn't they lose all 5 down lineman and both linebackers from last years defense?

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

OVCFAN83 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

I hope the Hornets can muster some kind of run defense before Friday as they will be facing the premier running back in the Tri-State who resides in the Tiger Backfield............

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Didn't they lose all 5 down lineman and both linebackers from last years defense?
We lost 2 linebackers and 3 lineman.

Flyer, we already faced him a few weeks ago. He put 261 yards and 3 touchdowns on us.

tkd325
Waterboy

Post by tkd325 »

We still have two lineman that started last year, one a sophmore and the other a junior this year.

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Flyer, we already faced him a few weeks ago. He put 261 yards and 3 touchdowns on us.
[/quote]

Are we talking about someone other than who is in the Tiger backfield?

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Flyers58 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:37 pm Flyer, we already faced him a few weeks ago. He put 261 yards and 3 touchdowns on us.
Are we talking about someone other than who is in the Tiger backfield?
[/quote]

I am sure he is talking about Parker from Portsmouth, who is a top quality back.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Yes. Parker of Portsmouth. When his line is blocking he is unstoppable.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 am the recruiting and ref comments, I won't even give any attention to. but I think this will be a dandy ball game. but I think ironton prevails.
come on bait....tell us how daddy's got big time pay jobs at AK Steel just to bring their sons to play for Lutz and how the refs lived in an apartment behind Tank Stadium :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I remember that apartment. I always found it odd that several adult males lived there.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

If you want to get for sure cheated schedule Paintsville in Kentucky. It’s beyond belief. After we played there I told coach Lewis (former Ironton coach) I don’t want anybody to ever talk about getting cheated at Ironton. It holds no candle to playing at Paintsville. When Paintsville recovers a fumble the refs scream OUR BALL!

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

2trap_4ever wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:11 pm

We lost 2 linebackers and 3 lineman.

And both starting corners and both defensive ends . So that’s 9 defensive starters we lost from last year

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:31 pm I remember that apartment. I always found it odd that several adult males lived there.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”