Northwest 35 Notre Dame 14

Howard31
Waterboy

Northwest 35 Notre Dame 14

Post by Howard31 »

Northwest should be able to pull it off.

Goodman22
Waterboy

Re: Notre Dame(1-5)@Northwest(0-6)

Post by Goodman22 »

What is this battle for the worst?

IF YOU AINT GOOD YOUR BAD ;) ;)
sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky22 »

Well considering ND and NW don't play until next week. I think ND will pull out the W. Hopefully they can carry the momentum from beating Green into this week and throughout the regular season. I do think SV is better coached than Green. It still amazed me how NW moved down to SOC I to win football games and they are still losing. I know they are playing younger kids but besides the year they won the SOC ( first year into the division) they really haven't done much. ND 22 - NW 16

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Northwest is in a bad spot. It's a huge district, almost all rural and bordered by two much better football programs who have siphoned off some decent talent the last 10-15 years. Northwest never won an SOC 2 title, not even sure they have finished 2nd but the last 10-15 years have been really brutal. Every problem has a solution but I have no clue what it would take to turn that program around, and whenever it does happen it will likely be a 10-15 year process, that ship won't get righted overnight.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I'll be honest there's only so many years you can keep saying young young young, at some point they'll need to take a look at their program from within. Especially if they're going to be putting all of this money into a new complex.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Ummmmm....

Northwest plays at Oak Hill

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Northwest athletes just don't come out for football, I remember in the mid 2000s, I think it was Larry Hall's first year at Northwest, there was a huge amount of players out and honestly things were looking interesting for Northwest, but then one fell off, and it started a domino effect.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:37 am Ummmmm....

Northwest plays at Oak Hill
Yeah and it'll be oak hill with a running clock.

SouthernSports
Waterboy

Post by SouthernSports »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:57 pm Northwest is in a bad spot. It's a huge district, almost all rural and bordered by two much better football programs who have siphoned off some decent talent the last 10-15 years. Northwest never won an SOC 2 title, not even sure they have finished 2nd but the last 10-15 years have been really brutal. Every problem has a solution but I have no clue what it would take to turn that program around, and whenever it does happen it will likely be a 10-15 year process, that ship won't get righted overnight.
Northwest should not be in the SOC 1 true, but they could be a power house there. Agreed that there are many reasons, but most of them start with the parents. They try to be too involved and it hurts the program. They have some very good athletes, but something always seems to go wrong.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SouthernSports wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:23 am
portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:57 pm Northwest is in a bad spot. It's a huge district, almost all rural and bordered by two much better football programs who have siphoned off some decent talent the last 10-15 years. Northwest never won an SOC 2 title, not even sure they have finished 2nd but the last 10-15 years have been really brutal. Every problem has a solution but I have no clue what it would take to turn that program around, and whenever it does happen it will likely be a 10-15 year process, that ship won't get righted overnight.
Northwest should not be in the SOC 1 true, but they could be a power house there. Agreed that there are many reasons, but most of them start with the parents. They try to be too involved and it hurts the program. They have some very good athletes, but something always seems to go wrong.
Kind of curious about this comment if you care to explain. Seen some film on Northwest and quite frankly they are such a vanilla offense it through me for a loop, defensively they're unsound and don't make a play when it's needed. Before losing to East 26-24, Northwest was sitting at 0-5 and had been outscored 180-21 let that sink in for a moment and then start to evaluate exactly where most of the blame should lie. I said it earlier in a post Northwest needs to look internally at the issues they have especially if they are planning on building this really nice complex I've been hearing about.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Notre Dame (1-6) @ Northwest (0-7)

Post by mattash »

Northwest at home

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

ND with the upset.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:45 am ND with the upset.
upset?? 1-6 beats the 0-7 team not sure that's an upset. I'm actually going out on a limb calling for Northwest to take this one by a score. ;)

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Notre Dame wins this heavyweight slugfest.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Northwest

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Both teams having a very tough year, I'll say this one is a toss-up.

titandad
Waterboy

Post by titandad »

My guess is if Mader didnt get injured the young Titans would have finished 5-5 maybe 6-4 this year.

Mohawk1234
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk1234 »

Northwest has had two starting linebackers (both also get 5+ carries a game) out since week four. The two linebackers are still some of their leading tacklers, if those two didn’t get injured the nw eastern game would’ve been much closer and the nw east game wouldn’t have been a competition. From what I’ve heard nw is returning one of them this week, expect him to make a huge difference on both sides. I’m taking Northwest in this one by at least two touchdowns but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being a 30-40 point blowout.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but the fact that Northwest and Notre Dame (and Green/East/Symmes Valley) are even playing on a yearly basis still amazes me. I hope Northwest can get their program rolling because if Northwest isn't at the top of SOC I in 2-3 years, how the heck could they be moved back to SOC II as rumored?

As for this game, I'll go with Northwest at home. And agreed with titandad, losing Mader was probably the difference between Notre Dame going 6-4 this year instead of 3-7. Next 2 years will be a lot better for ND.*

sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky22 »

With Mader I could see them with a season of 5-5. I don't think they beat Eastern with him healthy. I do give it to ND on playing tough non conference teams instead of playing teams that you can beat 84-0 or a long those lines. In the next two years ( depends on if Haney stays ) should be good for ND, getting Oak Hill and Eastern both out will free up a chance for the Titans to return to the glory days in the SOC! :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”