Nelsonville-York 35 Alexander 11

OSU22
Varsity

Re: Alexander @ Nelsonville-York (Buckeye Homecoming)

Post by OSU22 »

outerbanksjake wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:57 pm Not a knock but a little info. Bellaire has an opening next season and AD contacted N Y. N Y declined to schedule. Unfortunate as I like to see different teams on the schedule instead of they same old same old. Hopefully in the future, but I do admit might be a little excessive travel distance.
Same old same old? Ok other than TVC games and the Trimble game you do realized that NY's schedule has indeed changed in the last 2 years. Minford series started last year, Waverly series started last year, and Martins Ferry game was a first this year. The schedule has INDEED changed since Richards has taken over. They also might have had an opening but not at the week that NY might have one.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

OSU22 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:07 pm
outerbanksjake wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:57 pm Not a knock but a little info. Bellaire has an opening next season and AD contacted N Y. N Y declined to schedule. Unfortunate as I like to see different teams on the schedule instead of they same old same old. Hopefully in the future, but I do admit might be a little excessive travel distance.
Same old same old? Ok other than TVC games and the Trimble game you do realized that NY's schedule has indeed changed in the last 2 years. Minford series started last year, Waverly series started last year, and Martins Ferry game was a first this year. The schedule has INDEED changed since Richards has taken over. They also might have had an opening but not at the week that NY might have one.
Sorry I wasn't more clear, but I'm from Bellaire and was refering to the same old schedule of Bellaire that changes rairly from season to season except a single game.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

outerbanksjake wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:19 pm
Sorry I wasn't more clear, but I'm from Bellaire and was refering to the same old schedule of Bellaire that changes rairly from season to season except a single game.
Oh ok. I understand now. LOL my bad.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Would be a great match up but as I just looked at the distance between these 2 it is approximately 120 miles between schools. 2 hour and 25 minutes does seem to be a bit far to play a football game unless you have no choice at all.

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:34 pm I have to root for Alex but NY will wear out Alexander in the second half
Raider you are an Athens fan correct? If I was a fan of the bulldogs I would root for NY. Ny is the smaller school and you need all the computer points you can get. Just like next week you are an Alex fan over Warren so you get more points. I know you are the big fish in a small pond but the next 2 weeks you need the smaller fish to win.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

What week?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

outerbanksjake wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:19 pm
Oak Hill replaces Waverly week 5 and we had that worked out last year, week 3 is now filled and their are a couple teams we would like to play week 2 that we are already talking to. Also, we are trying to flip the schedule so we don't have 3 straight home or away games starting week 2.
Lots of things play into teams playing each other.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:35 pm
What week?
2 or 5 . 5 was filled with Cambridge. When NY was contacted not sure if both weeks were still open.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I predict the Buckeyes will play there best all around game of the year tomorrow night, offense and defense.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Who is NY playing week 3 next year?

I think NY plays @ Martins Ferry in week 2 next year since this year was the first time they played.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:52 pm Who is NY playing week 3 next year?

I think NY plays @ Martins Ferry in week 2 next year since this year was the first time they played.

That's a one year deal

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:52 pm Who is NY playing week 3 next year?

The contract hasn't been signed but the game is a done deal for week 3. Berne Union

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

footballfan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:31 pm
Would be a great match up but as I just looked at the distance between these 2 it is approximately 120 miles between schools. 2 hour and 25 minutes does seem to be a bit far to play a football game unless you have no choice at all.

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:34 pm I have to root for Alex but NY will wear out Alexander in the second half
Raider you are an Athens fan correct? If I was a fan of the bulldogs I would root for NY. Ny is the smaller school and you need all the computer points you can get. Just like next week you are an Alex fan over Warren so you get more points. I know you are the big fish in a small pond but the next 2 weeks you need the smaller fish to win.
Alexander and Warren are both bigger schools in the two respective games you are referring to. Therefore if they win, Athens will get more points. So Raider is right, they need Alex to beat Ny and warren to beat Alex.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Game day! Go Bucks!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Could be a running clock for the nutboys!

The Hounds 48

Spartans 14 :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah I like NY to really put it on Alexander in this one, thinking NY by 4-5 scores.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ITS GAME DAY BUCKEYES!
THE BUCKEYE EXPRESS IS FIRED UP AND READY TO ROLL!! Better get off the tracks Sparty, cause the Buckeye Express is coming through!
BUCKEYE PRIDE!!
IT'S TIME TO DO WORK BUCKEYES!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Alexander and Warren are both bigger schools in the two respective games you are referring to. Therefore if they win, Athens will get more points. So Raider is right, they need Alex to beat Ny and warren to beat Alex.
[/quote]

Dundas you might want to check how it actually works. Trust me Athens would get 4.0 secondary points if Alex would beat NY. They get 4.5 points if NY beats Alex. Next week if the bigger school win in Warren Athens would get 4.5 points. If Alex beats Athens they would get 5.5 because Warren is Div 3.
So if both big schools win they get a total of 1.5 more secondary points. And it looks like Athens we need every little point they can get.
So after you beat a team if they are playing someone smaller you always want the smaller team to win.
Here is the point breakdown for how the points work.
When your opponent beats another team.
Div 7 - 3.5
Div 6 - 4.0
Div 5 - 4.5
Div 4 - 5.0
Div 3 - 5.5
Div 2 - 6.0
Div 1 - 6.5

Dman
Waterboy

Post by Dman »

Hope Rusty has the sense to call off the dogs, Alex is very well coached but very UNDERMANED
I'm sure Coach Dean would do the same if the situation were reversed.
Good luck to both teams hope both teams play injury free.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dman wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:50 am Hope Rusty has the sense to call off the dogs, Alex is very well coached but very UNDERMANED
I'm sure Coach Dean would do the same if the situation were reversed.
Good luck to both teams hope both teams play injury free.
We wouldn't run the score up on coach Dean.
If the Bucks start to run away with it the JV kids will start rotating in when the clock starts running.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”