Week 8 Picks: Against the Spread/Over-Unders (Athens County)

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

Week 8 Picks: Against the Spread/Over-Unders (Athens County)

Post by moorelukas »

By Michael Roth

Week 7 went pretty well, with many of my lines coming fairly close to the final score. This week has some more interesting matchups around the county with two games featuring Athens county teams taking on each other.

Alexander At Nelsonville York
Line: Nelsonville York -20 Total: 37
Alexander is much improved this season, and with 4 wins already, a .500 season is very possible for the Spartans. Nelsonville York started off horribly on offense, but Keegan Wilburn has found enough holes and made explosive plays to help NY recover from a sluggish start. NY has more talent offensively, but Alexander has an impressive defense. I’d expect NY to eventually break away but it could be a battle for most of this matchup. Fantastic 50 has NY -14 and Cal Preps has NY -15 with a total of 41.

Wellston At Athens
Line: Athens -23 Total: 57
Athens had a week 2 loss, but despite that being their only loss on the year, they are still on the outside looking in for the playoff picture in Division 3 Region 11. Athens has put up points on a consistent basis this year and has gone over 20 points every single game this season. Athens QB Clay Davis should put up some big numbers against the Wellston defense, but Wellston could put up some points against an inconsistent Athens defense. Fantastic 50 has Athens -18 and Cal Preps lists Athens -24 with a total of 52.

Federal Hocking At Trimble
Line: Trimble -44 Total: 52
Trimble has been one of the best teams in the state for Division 7 and besides a one point loss to Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy, they have been so impressive. Trimble is a complete team, dominating most of their opponents offensively and defensively, and I’d expect this to continue this week against Federal Hocking. Federal Hocking should also look to bounce back offensively, as they were shut out for the first time all season last week against Eastern. Fantastic 50 lists Trimble -42 and Cal Preps has Trimble -62 with a total of 62.
Week 7 went pretty well, with many of my lines coming fairly close to the final score. This week has some more interesting matchups around the county with two games featuring Athens county teams taking on each other.

Alexander At Nelsonville York
Line: Nelsonville York -20 Total: 37
Alexander is much improved this season, and with 4 wins already, a .500 season is very possible for the Spartans. Nelsonville York started off horribly on offense, but Keegan Wilburn has found enough holes and made explosive plays to help NY recover from a sluggish start. NY has more talent offensively, but Alexander has an impressive defense. I’d expect NY to eventually break away but it could be a battle for most of this matchup. Fantastic 50 has NY -14 and Cal Preps has NY -15 with a total of 41.

Wellston At Athens
Line: Athens -23 Total: 57
Athens had a week 2 loss, but despite that being their only loss on the year, they are still on the outside looking in for the playoff picture in Division 3 Region 11. Athens has put up points on a consistent basis this year and has gone over 20 points every single game this season. Athens QB Clay Davis should put up some big numbers against the Wellston defense, but Wellston could put up some points against an inconsistent Athens defense. Fantastic 50 has Athens -18 and Cal Preps lists Athens -24 with a total of 52.

Federal Hocking At Trimble
Line: Trimble -44 Total: 52
Trimble has been one of the best teams in the state for Division 7 and besides a one point loss to Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy, they have been so impressive. Trimble is a complete team, dominating most of their opponents offensively and defensively, and I’d expect this to continue this week against Federal Hocking. Federal Hocking should also look to bounce back offensively, as they were shut out for the first time all season last week against Eastern. Fantastic 50 lists Trimble -42 and Cal Preps has Trimble -62 with a total of 62.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Week 8 Picks: Against the Spread/Over-Unders (Athens County)

Post by mattash »

Good info

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”