Garfield Hts at Logan

Paladin
SEOP

Garfield Hts at Logan

Post by Paladin »

The Chiefs face a tall order this week as unbeaten Garfield Hts rolls into town from the Cleveland suburbs. The Bulldogs are good but down a notch or two over previous competitive level. Their schedule is lighter which helps. Since they will be heavy favorites to win this game and their last two, I expect them to turn the first team loose the first half, then sit the starters and play the bench these last 3 games in prepping for playoffs and keeping everyone healthy. While Garfield Hts will host a playoff game, they will be in over their heads as Akron Hoban leads their region and IMHO are the best team in the state regardless of division. You will see an athletic team with speed and some size. Hts annually produces D-I college athletes. I don’t see much of a crowd coming down for the game.

Logan needs to prep and try to play error free, not panic when they get behind and be fundamentally sound. A few new trick plays wouldn’t hurt either. If I’m right and they sit the starters the second half, Logan might keep the score respectable. Garfield I would compare with now closed old Columbus Brookhaven. Good luck to the Chiefs.

Have gun, will travel
loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Garfield Hts at Logan

Post by loganlocos »

Paladin wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:02 am Garfield I would compare with now closed old Columbus Brookhaven. Good luck to the Chiefs.
Funny. I was watching some film to prepare my "scouting report" for the Logan Daily News and the comp that jumped into my mind was Brookhaven.

Would expect a small Homecoming crowd. Logan has been playing their best football in a few years and honestly their best on the defensive side in nearly a decade.

Chiefs were without two linebackers last week and lost a starting receiver/DB on the opening kickoff. Another receiver/DB will be missing this Friday.

Logan needs to survive this game - healthwise - and continue the positive momentum into a couple of games I think they can be competitive in the last two weeks.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Paladin wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:02 am The Chiefs face a tall order this week as unbeaten Garfield Hts rolls into town from the Cleveland suburbs. The Bulldogs are good but down a notch or two over previous competitive level. Their schedule is lighter which helps. Since they will be heavy favorites to win this game and their last two, I expect them to turn the first team loose the first half, then sit the starters and play the bench these last 3 games in prepping for playoffs and keeping everyone healthy. While Garfield Hts will host a playoff game, they will be in over their heads as Akron Hoban leads their region and IMHO are the best team in the state regardless of division. You will see an athletic team with speed and some size. Hts annually produces D-I college athletes. I don’t see much of a crowd coming down for the game.

Logan needs to prep and try to play error free, not panic when they get behind and be fundamentally sound. A few new trick plays wouldn’t hurt either. If I’m right and they sit the starters the second half, Logan might keep the score respectable. Garfield I would compare with now closed old Columbus Brookhaven. Good luck to the Chiefs.
Definitely agree about Hoban. They were close for many years and finally broke thru with a state title in 2015 and are working on a 4 peat I think. Garfield is 7-0 and has some athletes and if anyone down there close doesn't want to attend their schools game for whatever reason this is a good chance to see some athleticism. The Brookhaven comparison from locos is spot on.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Sounds like a pretty big task coming up this weekend. Knowing Logan they will still give it everything they have. Hope for an injury free game for both schools.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

By far the top team on Logan’s schedule.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Although I think GH would be fav by 14 in Vegas It is a long trip down from where they are which could take a toll it’s an early kick at 6 PM. And the combined records of the teams that they’ve already played is 16–33. It’s hard to get a gauge on how good they really are. In my opinion.

Live Like A Champion!
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Actually the matchup on CalPreps show GH 35 - Logan 3

Logan is rated very close to Brecksville on Pasteur’s and GH beat them 35-6.

That’s reasonable. But if Logan is injured, could be worse.

Have gun, will travel
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I'd take Tri-Valley and Sheridan head to head against Garfield Heights.

But GH is much closer to those two than they are Zanesville.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Mid week predication!

Garfield Hts 38

Logan 7 :mrgreen:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:07 pm I'd take Tri-Valley and Sheridan head to head against Garfield Heights.

But GH is much closer to those two than they are Zanesville.
Sheridan and TV looked a lot slower than Garfield. GH’s defense is nasty. Remind me of Eastmoor this year

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

:idea: We could sneak some old guys in and win the game. Let's see: we'd need Brooks Burris and Curtis Rose to shore up the o & d lines, Kenny Culbertson to play lb & fb, Pat Angle & Joey Conrad to split QB duties , Kelly Wolfe & Justin Frye in the backfield and Mason Mayes out wide. To put the opposing team in the hole Josh Jackson could do the kickoffs and xtra points and Johnny Conrad could do the punting. That should do the trick and some of these guys can play multiple positions but they'd have to keep the oxygen tank & plenty of Gatorade nearby .

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:17 am :idea: We could sneak some old guys in and win the game. Let's see: we'd need Brooks Burris and Curtis Rose to shore up the o & d lines, Kenny Culbertson to play lb & fb, Pat Angle & Joey Conrad to split QB duties , Kelly Wolfe & Justin Frye in the backfield and Mason Mayes out wide. To put the opposing team in the hole Josh Jackson could do the kickoffs and xtra points and Johnny Conrad could do the punting. That should do the trick and some of these guys can play multiple positions but they'd have to keep the oxygen tank & plenty of Gatorade nearby .
OMG bring the on the EMS and set up a portable ER! :mrgreen:

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

My prediction is GH 42 - Logan 7

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Chief02 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:43 pm My prediction is GH 42 - Logan 7

Might be a running clock! Garfield Hts needs to get home b-4 Midnight! :mrgreen:

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

moonshine wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:03 am
Chief02 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:43 pm My prediction is GH 42 - Logan 7

Might be a running clock! Garfield Hts needs to get home b-4 Midnight! :mrgreen:
I agree Moon. Expect full throttle from GH.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Game day prediction:

Garfield Hts 45

Logan 10

OMG! Season will soon end! Change will be blowing in the wind! :mrgreen:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Question. How many times do you need to run the ball up the middle for little gain or Negative yards do you need to figure out it ain’t working?

AT THE RESERVATION
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

1987chieftains wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:07 pm Question. How many times do you need to run the ball up the middle for little gain or Negative yards do you need to figure out it ain’t working?
At least 87.......we will see how many more we can sneak up the middle in the second half. :P

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

48/00 final

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Faat game

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"