Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Teays Valley @ Hamilton Township

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Vikings too large for Rangers to corral.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Hamilton Gulch residents prepare for bushwacking by a shipload of Vikings

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Teays Valley with the win over Hamilton Township.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Vikings 31-14

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

The evening might be chilly enough for Zunardo's Famous Chili to make an appearance in the visitors concession stand.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

42-20 T.V.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Zunardo wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:08 am Hamilton Gulch residents prepare for bushwacking by a shipload of Vikings
Truly, it will be a “Row on Rathmell.”

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:28 pm Truly, it will be a “Row on Rathmell.”
Excellent!

Green_n_Gold76 should be on here, we need to cut loose on the horrifying cliches again. It's been a a while.

A few years ago on a Thursday night game here which fell on Halloween, Randy Rhinehart said "Wrath of Rathmell Road" over the air, which was pretty cool. "Wraith" would have worked well also.

It'll be a melee by the Meadows.

green-n-gold76
Waterboy

Post by green-n-gold76 »

What? Did someone say cliche?

Are the band of brothers leaving the aquifer and heading north up 23 for the tussle in the township? Should be a good old good one.

GO RANGERS!!
Visit: http:HamiltonRangerFootball.com
green-n-gold76
Waterboy

Post by green-n-gold76 »

Rangers shock the world!

GO RANGERS!!
Visit: http:HamiltonRangerFootball.com
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

HT really threw it, ran it, backed it up and parked it on Fairfield Union. But, then again, they’re playing the big Dawgs this time around. Hey, Z and GnG – did you catch ImThatLady at the FU concession stand? She was slinging up Falconburgers, I was told.

I’m predicting 20-14, TV. Gonna be a sluggers until the 10 minute mark of the fourth quarter.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:38 pm HT really threw it, ran it, backed it up and parked it on Fairfield Union. But, then again, they’re playing the big Dawgs this time around. Hey, Z and GnG – did you catch ImThatLady at the FU concession stand? She was slinging up Falconburgers, I was told.

I’m predicting 20-14, TV. Gonna be a sluggers until the 10 minute mark of the fourth quarter.
LOL - wish I'd known it was her. I just know she gave me a funny look when I ordered a mocha cappucino.

We're having some fun now. 20-14? That's pretty generous. I was thinking Vikes by 21, but who knows? We'll give it a shot.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Sorry, no chili tonight. Rain in the forecast, and GnG76 will complain about it getting soggy.

Actually, that's a serious weather system just now approaching the west side of Indiana, with snow on the north end of it, even with the Ohio-Michigan border.

The general tone of tonight's game could be like the title of one of the short features in Boys Life Book Of Football Stories - "Dark, Dank, and Dismal". I'll be warm and dry in the pressbox, though.

Let's go, Rangers!
Last edited by Zunardo on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

is Mark Tyler still coaching at Hamilton Twp.?

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

carbon_dated wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:38 pm is Mark Tyler still coaching at Hamilton Twp.?
No, he’s the Hamilton Local superintendent. He stoped coaching about 10 years ago when he was promoted to principal

It’s a wet slug fest. We’re tied 6-6 at halftime. Tv drove down to the HT 10, their QB ran a keeper down to the one before fumbling and Rangers recovered on the 1, than ran one play before the 2nd qtr ended

Here we go!

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

green-n-gold76 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:54 pm Rangers shock the world!
It happened! Ham Twp over Teays Valley, 9-8. Whoa mama, break out a can o' Spam and fire up the grill, we're gonna party like it's 1979!

... 1 . 2 . 3 . 4
TV 0 6 2 0
HT 6 0 0 3

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:38 pm I’m predicting 20-14, TV. Gonna be a sluggers until the 10 minute mark of the fourth quarter.
It was a sluggers from start to finish! The rain hit at the end of the 1st quarter.

1st
Both teams played aggressive defense at the start, and traded possessions. Hamilton struck first in the first with 4:38 left on a 35 yard pass, the receiver made a nice move in traffic and scored. PAT kick was wide.

2nd
With 7:52 left in the 2nd, Rangers had the ball and were driving downfield in TV territory - A Viking intercepted a pass at his own 15, managed criss-cross the field, HT overpursued, and he rambled for an 85-yard Pick 6. PAT kick had the height but not the distance

30 seconds left in 2nd, TV on the Rangers 10. QB kept the ball, knifed thru the middle, hit hard and fumbled. Rangers recovered on the 1, ran a play into the line, and went into the locker room with a 6-6 tie.

The Rangers had most of their success passing, but Teays Valley basically shut down Hamilton's running game, and I mean totally, with the exception of one running play that got 15 yards. Most runs were no gain or a loss. The Vikings were putting 9 men in the box and daring the Rangers to pass on them, and it worked. They consistently tackled the Rangers for a loss on running plays. Just a tough defense.

3rd
7:38 left. HT got the ball back on their own 5 yard line after TV failed to convert on 4th down. Remember TV shutting down the run game? On the second play they pushed the Rangers in the endzone for a safety. TV leading 8-6

4th
Defensive struggle. Both teams traded possessions and turnovers. Rangers got the ball with 6 minutes left, got in Vikings territory down to the 15.

3:58 left - on 4th down the Rangers' kicker split the uprights from 32 yards. HT leading 9-8

On the ensuing drive, TV starts on their own 30, made their way just into Rangers territory. With 38 seconds left, TV attempts a long pass, HT intercepted on the Vikings 15, and managed to take a knee twice.

I still can't believe it.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Ham Twp 9, Teays Valley 8
Last edited by Zunardo on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Great feedback

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Hamilton Township 9 Teays Valley 8

Post by mattash »

Hamilton Township 9 Teays Valley 8