Hillsboro 27 Jackson 21 OT

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Hillsboro at Jackson

Post by Ironman92 »

veer wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:12 pm Man you are full of info lol that rumor is a new one too...where do you get this garbage? Lol

After looking at the two similar games these two have played they seem to be even in my eyes. I’m not sure why everyone from Jackson thinks this is a lock win. Boro beat Wb and played Wch to the same score Jackson did pretty much. I think this will be a very close game.

Thanks for all of the helpful info in regards to your town. This will be my first trip to Jackson so I’ll be sure to check out some of the local food options before and possibly after the game!
From a highly respected retired Hillsboro teacher

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

veer....first, we need more of you guys on here. Secondly, we know it’s going to be a battle. O’Rourke known for letting you know where they are running...and then running it there with great blocking and big tough backs. Jackson prefers that style. Gallia Academy does that and they have scored 46 ppg this year outside of Jackson game...Jackson held them to 7 offensive points. Burg did much of that and only had 3 first down in first half.

The WB comparison is basically how good your team handled that style the first time they saw it....Boro definitely handled it better. WCH....just a different game style.Neither team gonna hit 69+ like we both did on them.

Jackson has to keep Burns/Keets and gang from 5 yd carry after carry...that wears you down physically and mentally. Jackson must also stay aware of Swayne keeping or throwing deep.

On Jackson’s side....most of us believe we can pass on you guys. We’ve had a lot of kids with catches and more that can. Coach Hall has been great at moving the ball around. I don’t think we can just run on you and my worry is you guys are definitely good enough to sniff out a few pass plays and get pressure that causes trouble. Our line however has literally improved every week and our running and passing game is clicking pretty well. We played Burg pretty well and then have played good games that were much cleaner vs WCH and then Trace. Our young line is now experienced and our freshman are growing and contributing nicely.

This should be a great game with a fun fun atmosphere. Can’t wait.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:42 pm Two good D3 teams playing for the postseason. Who’s Athens playing 😂 ?
Not Jackson because Athens won 49-0 :roll:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:07 pm [quote="Poo Bear" post_id=<a href="tel:1696845">1696845</a> time=<a href="tel:1538962928">1538962928</a> user_id=70]
Two good D3 teams playing for the postseason. Who’s Athens playing 😂 ?
[/quote]
Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:07 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:42 pm Two good D3 teams playing for the postseason. Who’s Athens playing 😂 ?

No your not playing Jackson because when Jackson applied to the TVC OHIO D3 Athens screamed hell no ! 😂

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I had an inside source years ago that Jackson was doing a back door deal with Greenfields AD to join a league. I posted on here about this when you guys applied to the TVC. I told you Jackson wouldn’t stay in the TVC because they are waiting for another league. This stuff was obvious.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:25 pm I had an inside source years ago that Jackson was doing a back door deal with Greenfields AD to join a league. I posted on here about this when you guys applied to the TVC. I told you Jackson wouldn’t stay in the TVC because they are waiting for another league. This stuff was obvious.
Yeah Jackson was in the Seoal from 1925-2016
They have a history of jumping around . Athens did not want Jackson in the league. I don’t blame them . You play a D6 school every year in week 10 for a league title , who would mess that up ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Why the Athens talk? Who cares about them?

No one ever answered...Burns/Keets/Swayne/Gallimore all play every down of defense?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:34 pm Why the Athens talk? Who cares about them?

No one ever answered...Burns/Keets/Swayne/Gallimore all play every down of defense?
Agree 92, Jackson’s in a legit conference and will take a monumental performance to pull it off.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hard to predict this one. Hillsboro looks pretty good

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I may just have to drive down to see this game. I'm not a fan of either team, but I have been intrigued by the amount of points that is being scored or that has been allowed all year by the teams in this league. If this is a 6 team league, at the end of the 10 game season, I would just about bet that there is not another 6 team league in the State Of Ohio, that will have scored as many points, or allowed as many points as this league. This game may end up 14-7, I have no idea. I would just like to see what kind of defense that at least a couple of these teams play.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Jackson 35 - Hillsboro 28

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Heavyweight bout as said earlier. Boro will know they are in a fight. This is the fight I have been looking for for this team. This is the chance to legitimize all the improvements that have been made the second half of this season.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

This is the game I have decided to go to this week. Cardos pizza will be getting a visit from me Friday night before the game, I hope they have plenty of BLT ready. But anyway With the game being in Jackson I'll take the Ironman in a dog fight.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Reds Fan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:16 am This is the game I have decided to go to this week. Cardos pizza will be getting a visit from me Friday night before the game, I hope they have plenty of BLT ready. But anyway With the game being in Jackson I'll take the Ironman in a dog fight.
Good choice if BLT is your favorite don’t be shy when you pay tell them to get a couple extra ready! But being Friday night they should accommodate your needs anyway. They don’t make much money when all American shows up to the buffet!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

classic SEO football....two really good football teams, hard hitting, with tons on the line....conference title frontrunner, post-season implications, played in the most beautiful stadium SEO has to offer.........can't get any better high school football in week 8 than this..it should have a play-off type astrosphere come Friday night.....will be a good one on the hill....the team that has the least amount of mistakes, turnovers, penalties and missed opportunities will come out on top when the dust settles

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hillsboro has 2 big boys that do a majority of the work on offense. Keets and Burns total about 30 TD, throw in Galimore’s 200+ yards last week and Swayne’s ability to make things happen.

Jackson has had 9 different players rush for 60+ yards in a game, 6 different with 95+ in a game. 11 different kids have TD runs and 10 different players have receptions.

23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

Jackson by three scores. They will outwork the hillsboro offense on defense and i see them stopping keets and gallimore, although it will not be easy. However, hillsboro has a very weak defense, and i think jackson will put up 40+ points. There offensive line is starting to get things done and they have a threat on the ground and in the air. Cross and the line will pave a way to the endzone every other drive if not more. My prediction is jackson 40 hillsboro 20.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

23tdb wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:00 pm Jackson by three scores. They will outwork the hillsboro offense on defense and i see them stopping keets and gallimore, although it will not be easy. However, hillsboro has a very weak defense, and i think jackson will put up 40+ points. There offensive line is starting to get things done and they have a threat on the ground and in the air. Cross and the line will pave a way to the endzone every other drive if not more. My prediction is jackson 40 hillsboro 20.

Jackson's defense is fairly weak too. Everybody is talking about how WCH's defense is terrible because Jackson scored 69 points on them. Well guess what it doesn't say much when your own defense gives up 40 points. This post absolutely cracks me up. and no, I'm not bitter about the WCH loss. :lol:

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:50 pm
23tdb wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:00 pm Jackson by three scores. They will outwork the hillsboro offense on defense and i see them stopping keets and gallimore, although it will not be easy. However, hillsboro has a very weak defense, and i think jackson will put up 40+ points. There offensive line is starting to get things done and they have a threat on the ground and in the air. Cross and the line will pave a way to the endzone every other drive if not more. My prediction is jackson 40 hillsboro 20.

Jackson's defense is fairly weak too. Everybody is talking about how WCH's defense is terrible because Jackson scored 69 points on them. Well guess what it doesn't say much when your own defense gives up 40 points. This post absolutely cracks me up. and no, I'm not bitter about the WCH loss. :lol:
Well Ill say that WCH will put up big numbers against anyone in this league. They have a very talented group on that side of the ball....The problem with having that style of offense is you are scoring very quickly..Also, that style offense can be very inconsistent. Causing your defense to be on the field more than your offense. Which in WCH's case, that is a bad thing. With Jackson being more consistent on both sides of the ball I think they should keep the game this week closer and lower scoring.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

From a Chillicothe alum and fan I think this game will play right into Jacksons strengths I not only think Jackson wins this game but I think they do it by a few scores. I like Jackson 42-26 in this on simply because I think Jackson has the physicality on both the offensive and defensive fronts to control the line of scrimmage. Hillsboro has some huge backs but are very predictable running to the hash and through the splits of the offensive line, the counter killed Chillicothe we simply couldn't stop it, if Jackson takes away the counter and loads 8-9 in the box and sends some blitz packages in it will fluster the oline of Hillsboro

Return to “Football”