Jatt94
Waterboy

Re: Jr. High Rankings

Post by Jatt94 »

8th grade
Burg
Jackson
Courthouse
Haven’t seen West or Ironton but I’m sure they are really good teams as well.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

These rankings are silly but I’ll play along because I’m bored.

8th Burg and Ironton are the two best teams I’ve seen.

West and Jackson are good but not as good as burg or ironton.

7th

West was the best I’ve seen. Jackson has a good tailback but overall I think west is better.
Burg would be third.

1STUNNA
Waterboy

Post by 1STUNNA »

Gallia Academy 7th/8th grade is definitely in the mix. They have played all 8th grade teams so far and play your "heralded" Ironton team that I think is definitely beatable. This team has won 20 straight games dating back to last year and have outscored their opponents 104-20 through their first 4 games. They have beaten River Valley, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Chesapeake and they will beat Fairland tomorrow. Defense is fast and full of hitters and they have some speedy skill players.
Last edited by 1STUNNA on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Can someone from Jackson compare the Athletes at the skill position of WCH/Wheelersburg? I haven't been able to see the Burg play this year. Just Curious

Thegreenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Thegreenwave »

Gallia Academy is a combined JR High team with 7th and 8th graders.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:08 am These rankings are silly but I’ll play along because I’m bored.

7th

West was the best I’ve seen. Jackson has a good tailback but overall I think west is better.
Burg would be third.
Burg7th will be coming to Northwest on Oct 15th. Northwest 7th is pretty solid.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

1. Burg
2. Ironton

The rest. Gallia won't be in the game at Ironton. I've seen Gallia play Rock Hill and Chesapeake. Burg and Ironton 8th grade are just on another level. I'd say next year we'll be talking about Gallia's 8th grade.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:35 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:08 am These rankings are silly but I’ll play along because I’m bored.

7th

Burg would be third.
Burg7th will be coming to Northwest on Oct 15th. Northwest 7th is pretty solid.
Haven’t seen them. Might be a good game. Burgs 7th is decent but not on west’s level or Jackson. The west 8th couldn’t move the ball against burg and to say that they wouldn’t be competitive is a stretch considering most of the offense came from burg kids.

1STUNNA
Waterboy

Post by 1STUNNA »

Thegreenwave wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:22 pm Gallia Academy is a combined JR High team with 7th and 8th graders.
7/8 of the 11 on offense and defense are 7th grade.
Last edited by 1STUNNA on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thegreenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Thegreenwave »

Not not quite right on the numbers last time I checked there was six 8th grade on offense and between five and six on defense. If it wasn't for the Skidmore kid this team wouldn't be undefeated.

hall_21
Waterboy

Post by hall_21 »

1STUNNA wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:42 am Gallia Academy 7th grade is definitely in the mix. They have played all 8th grade teams so far and play your "heralded" Ironton team that I think is definitely beatable. This team has won 20 straight games dating back to last year and have outscored their opponents 104-20 through their first 4 games. They have beaten River Valley, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Chesapeake and they will beat Fairland tomorrow. Defense is fast and full of hitters and they have some speedy skill players.
Gallia will be lucky to score against Ironton’s defense I’m going to say 30-0 final

Thegreenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Thegreenwave »

This will be a one-score game and it can go either way.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

This game won't be close. Again, I watched Gallia play Peake and Rock Hill. Ironton is on a completely different level from Gallia. This one will be over in a hurry.

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

7th

Burg would be third.
Minford 7th beat Burg by 2 scores. Only lost to West by 2 points. Minford had the ball on the 3 yard line with 5 seconds left. Some controversial officiating to end the game to say the least.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

falcon117 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:09 am

7th

Burg would be third.
Minford 7th beat Burg by 2 scores. Only lost to West by 2 points. Minford had the ball on the 3 yard line with 5 seconds left. Some controversial officiating to end the game to say the least.
I hadn't seen Minford yet when I posted this. Minford is on par with Jackson.

I would go as of now.

West
Jackson
Minford
Burg

Northwest might move above Burg after they play. Again these mean nothing for future games,= but just going on what I have witnessed after Burg playing those teams.

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

1STUNNA wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:42 am Gallia Academy 7th/8th grade is definitely in the mix. They have played all 8th grade teams so far and play your "heralded" Ironton team that I think is definitely beatable. This team has won 20 straight games dating back to last year and have outscored their opponents 104-20 through their first 4 games. They have beaten River Valley, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Chesapeake and they will beat Fairland tomorrow. Defense is fast and full of hitters and they have some speedy skill players.
Youn's will gets killed by our Tigers! Wont even bee a game. Youns will see Heralded. I sees a clock running in your future

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Ironton 8th 20
Gallia 8th 0

Gallia had 1 first down until our 7th graders came in with 2:00 to go in the game. Ironton had numerous penalties and 2 turnovers which should’ve kept Gallia in the game but they couldn’t move the ball. Ironton’s defense was just much faster than anyone Gallia had. I’ve heard about their speed, I didn’t see it. I’ve also heard for weeks how this was gonna be a one score game that could go either way. I’ll refrain from saying I told you so.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Finally some competition. Is this Ironton or Rock Hill?

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”