Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

FIDO
S

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by FIDO »

Good to see a local playing bigtime ball successfully.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Urban Meyer could have had the nations best two QBs as backups to JT Barrett last year

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

vladimir wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:04 pm Urban Meyer could have had the nations best two QBs as backups to JT Barrett last year
I like Burrow, he's a gamer. However, he's completing 49% of his passes, and has 3td passes on the season. It would be difficult to make a case for Burrow being a top 10 QB in the country, let alone top 2.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ You're right, he's a gamer and he wins the big game. At the end of the day, that's what matters most! He's taken down 2, top 10-Nationally Ranked teams (U of Miami Hurricanes and Auburn.) He still has Georgia and Alabama to play, but he gets them at home. Way to Go Jeaux!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Ohio State could use Burrow right now.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

LSU up early on ole miss 7-3

Burreaux is 5-5 64 yds an a td pass...late in 1st qtr

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Bayou Bengals....

21-3 over Ole Miss.....late 2nd

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Jeaux is 17/24, 269 yd, 3td 1:48 of 3rd, LSU 35 - OLE MISS 13

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

In #9 "Geaux" Burrow last night vs Mississippi I saw one of the THE best QB's/field generals in college football - wow ... completing the tough end zone touch passes, adding the run threat to his arsenal ... he's one of those players who won't back down when opposing players get in his face ... as he himself said - he is looking at his QB position for LSU as "his job" ... his classes are all online ... the rest of his time is devoted to "learning" , "developing himself" ... based on his week to week improvement #9 is an outstanding "student" of the game ...

... I totally love having 2 teams to support on Saturday's !!! wish nothing but the best for LSU ... #9JoeBurrow ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

They've already beat Miami and Auburn, go to Florida this week and then have Georgia, Miss. St. and Alabama @ home all in a row. The only Big-10 school that has a schedule even close to that in the regular season might be Michigan with Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Mich. State, OSU and PSU. I don't think LSU can run the table but with their defense who knows. Jeaux is doing a magnificent job seeing as how he never got a valid shot up here. I'd really like to see them somehow matched up with OSU in a bowl game . Can you imagine the talk, especially the ESPN crew with that game if it would take place ? The ratings would be astronomical. 8-)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:40 pm They've already beat Miami and Auburn, go to Florida this week and then have Georgia, Miss. St. and Alabama @ home all in a row. The only Big-10 school that has a schedule even close to that in the regular season might be Michigan with Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Mich. State, OSU and PSU. I don't think LSU can run the table but with their defense who knows. Jeaux is doing a magnificent job seeing as how he never got a valid shot up here. I'd really like to see them somehow matched up with OSU in a bowl game . Can you imagine the talk, especially the ESPN crew with that game if it would take place ? The ratings would be astronomical. 8-)
Agree! If either team gets beat during the regular season, and neither team makes the playoffs, you can only imagine how much the playoff committee would want to match them up in a bowl game. I couldn't root against the Buckeyes, but I would also want Burrow to have a good game. He wouldn't have to watch film on the Buckeye defense, other than a very few freshmen, he's gone against them in practice for what 2 or 3 years. He probably knows the weakness of some of the linebackers and defensive backs as well as the coaches. As accurate at throwing the ball as he is, if he gets pretty good blocking, I think he would have a lot of success against the Bucks.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:53 am In #9 "Geaux" Burrow last night vs Mississippi I saw one of the THE best QB's/field generals in college football - wow ... completing the tough end zone touch passes, adding the run threat to his arsenal ... he's one of those players who won't back down when opposing players get in his face ... as he himself said - he is looking at his QB position for LSU as "his job" ... his classes are all online ... the rest of his time is devoted to "learning" , "developing himself" ... based on his week to week improvement #9 is an outstanding "student" of the game ...

... I totally love having 2 teams to support on Saturday's !!! wish nothing but the best for LSU ... #9JoeBurrow ...
I agree, it was great watching him and the Tigers last night.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burrow's 388 yards of total offense is 4th most in LSU history for a game

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

At one time when he was debating as to what school he was thinking about transferring to, Florida was thought to mayby be in play, as there new coach, Dan Mullen was at one time Urbans offensive cord. at Florida. I'm sure hes very happy that he chose LSU.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I've been saying he's a Heisman candidate all along, then ppl want to point out his passing stats for the first 3-games. Well, two were against top 10 Nationally ranked teams and one of them was at Auburn. Mr. Burrow beat both of them. Then he comes out and lights up Ole Mississippi.

Way to Go Jeaux!!!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:59 pm I've been saying he's a Heisman candidate all along, then ppl want to point out his passing stats for the first 3-games. Well, two were against top 10 Nationally ranked teams and one of them was at Auburn. Mr. Burrow beat both of them. Then he comes out and lights up Ole Mississippi.

Way to Go Jeaux!!!
Isn't part of being a Heisman candidate being able to put up numbers against good teams? There's a bunch of QB's that could put up numbers against the Louisiana Lafayette's of the world. Don't get me wrong, i'm a big Joe Burrow fan, just don't think he's there yet. If he can stay on point the rest of this year, he'll start out as a top 5 Heisman candidate next season.

Haskins, in OSU's 2 biggest games, away from OSU, averaged 307yds and completed 60% of his passes with 5TD's and 1int(which hit the receiver right in the hands).

Burrow, against Miami & Auburn, averaged 194.5yds and completed 45% of his passes with 1TD.

Like I said, I think Burrow will get there, but he's not there yet.

shotcallerfromaholer
Waterboy

Re: QB Joe Burrow leaving Ohio State as graduate transfer

Post by shotcallerfromaholer »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:52 pm Too bad... Hate to see this. Hopefully he lands somewhere and can make a huge impact on that program.
I think your wish came true

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

in a big way.

AT THE RESERVATION
Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

Looks like Joe's going to have another chance to lead his team to Victory. 2 minutes and 20 seconds to go looks like they need about 50 yards for winning field goal.

Return to “Football”