Wheelersburg 49 Waverly 0

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: WK 7: Wheelersburg (5-1) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:05 am
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:04 am This year will be as close as Waverly gets for a while. Burg by 17-21 or so.
Nah think you've got it backwards, with Waverly youth and talent this will probably be the year you see the game will be 3 possibly 4 score difference. Sophomore quarterback getting his 1st action against burg, the injuries and really Waverly's overall play calling isn't very good. They're simply to predictable and I know you want to get both shoemaker and Booker at tailback but there's a difference in how the offense moves the ball with shoemaker in there. After this year I think you'll start to see Waverly close the gap up and even grab a win or 2 over the next few years.
They will have to prove that they are going to be better on defense before I’ll give them that. Burg will match skill kids year end and year out.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

It’s a shame waverly is beat up I am assuming the online men out. Burgs defense is pretty stout if waverly scores this game I will be surprised. Just my opinion but a young o line has no business on the same field as burg. Burg 54 - 0

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Quick question burger heads whatcha gonna do when west runs wild on you?

You might have to beat them twice in the same year.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:02 am Quick question burger heads whatcha gonna do when west runs wild on you?

One game at a time

23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

Burg by 3 scores

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Burg 35- Waverly 17

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:02 am Quick question burger heads whatcha gonna do when west runs wild on you?

This is a question for another topic.. however, I watched west and I was not at all impressed.....

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Wheelersburg 48
Waverly 28

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I have to go with the Tigers in this one because they are undefeated. They will remain undefeated until someone defeats them. Ancient Chinese proverb.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:29 am
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:04 am This year will be as close as Waverly gets for a while. Burg by 17-21 or so.
Nah think you've got it backwards, with Waverly youth and talent this will probably be the year you see the game will be 3 possibly 4 score difference. Sophomore quarterback getting his 1st action against burg, the injuries and really Waverly's overall play calling isn't very good. They're simply to predictable and I know you want to get both shoemaker and Booker at tailback but there's a difference in how the offense moves the ball with shoemaker in there. After this year I think you'll start to see Waverly close the gap up and even grab a win or 2 over the next few years.
They will have to prove that they are going to be better on defense before I’ll give them that. Burg will match skill kids year end and year out.
Give them what?? I said 3-4 score difference as Waverlys defense is bad against the run and they're young at some key positions and beat up in others.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:30 pm

Give them what?? I said 3-4 score difference as Waverlys defense is bad against the run and they're young at some key positions and beat up in others.
I was referring to your future comment. Waverly must show in the future that they can defend before I’d say they will take some wins vs burg.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:53 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:30 pm

I was referring to your future comment. Waverly must show in the future that they can defend before I’d say they will take some wins vs burg.
Got ya, I was simply disputing that the difference in talent as Abe suggested was off base. With Waverlys youth it's very doubtful they'll keep it closer this year compared to the next 2-3 years. As they get in the weight room, mature and get more experience the other aspects of Waverlys game will get better. Just like in years past burg struggled against the run but really locked down last year.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

OldTiger wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:56 am
MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:03 am Any word on who is going to be filling in that spot on the O-line for the Tigers?
Senior Caleb Howard came in and took Browns spot after he was injured. I’d assume he will be filling that role. He also plays Nose Guard.
I see. I would say Caleb should be able to do a pretty good job. He is a pretty solid player. And if it wasn't for the Tigers having the little bit of depth that they do have, I would say he would have been starting on the line anyways. We have just been fortunate enough to have some kids that only play one side of the ball, but that is being tested with some injuries happening.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Win or lose the Tigers have to come out of this one with no more injuries and get some guys healthy. Tigers have to win 2 of the last 4 to finish 8-2 to make the playoffs in the very tough Cincinnati region 16. Tigers won last week and fell from 2 to 4. They would easily be 2 in region 15 where they belong.
I believe that is very possible with a healthy squad.

I’m not saying the Tigers lose this game or any other game but with these injuries it makes it tougher. At 9-1 we are possibly hosting but no guarantee. 8-2 will get us in but on the road.
Playoffs? You’re talking PLAYOFFS? Yes, that’s always a goal....

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

smurray wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 am Win or lose the Tigers have to come out of this one with no more injuries and get some guys healthy. Tigers have to win 2 of the last 4 to finish 8-2 to make the playoffs in the very tough Cincinnati region 16. Tigers won last week and fell from 2 to 4. They would easily be 2 in region 15 where they belong.

I’m not saying the Tigers lose this game or any other game but with these injuries it makes it tougher. At 9-1 we are possibly hosting but no guarantee. 8-2 will get us in but on the road.
Region 16 is tough....London, Clinton Massie, Wyoming, and Indian Hill.....wowzers. Clinton Massie will host, Wyoming will host, London will host and most likely Indian Hill will host....I dont see Waverly hosting a playoff game this year. I see them being the 5 seed traveling to Indian Hill...They better hope they are not the 6 seed traveling to Clinton Massie or London. Ouch.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

veer wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:50 am
smurray wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 am Win or lose the Tigers have to come out of this one with no more injuries and get some guys healthy. Tigers have to win 2 of the last 4 to finish 8-2 to make the playoffs in the very tough Cincinnati region 16. Tigers won last week and fell from 2 to 4. They would easily be 2 in region 15 where they belong.

Region 16 is tough....London, Clinton Massie, Wyoming, and Indian Hill.....wowzers. Clinton Massie will host, Wyoming will host, London will host and most likely Indian Hill will host....I dont see Waverly hosting a playoff game this year. I see them being the 5 seed traveling to Indian Hill...They better hope they are not the 6 seed traveling to Clinton Massie or London. Ouch.
I really do not understand why Waverly is in this region... makes zero sense to me. Region 15 is where they should be. If being bluntly honest, as long as the Tigers continue to stay in this region I don't see them getting a playoff victory anytime soon. Which is a shame. I think if they are in region 15 right now, they would host this season and have a good chance to make it to the regional finals. Which I understand that if the Tigers were in region 15 and they were able to make it out, they would have to eventually face those powerhouse schools. But having to play them first round just hurts. I guess being in region 16 just gives the program reasoning to continue to get better if they want to compete. But overall, it sucks!

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Anyone know how often they map out the regions? Is it every season or every few or?

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:07 am
veer wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:50 am

I really do not understand why Waverly is in this region... makes zero sense to me. Region 15 is where they should be. If being bluntly honest, as long as the Tigers continue to stay in this region I don't see them getting a playoff victory anytime soon. Which is a shame. I think if they are in region 15 right now, they would host this season and have a good chance to make it to the regional finals. Which I understand that if the Tigers were in region 15 and they were able to make it out, they would have to eventually face those powerhouse schools. But having to play them first round just hurts. I guess being in region 16 just gives the program reasoning to continue to get better if they want to compete. But overall, it sucks!
I agree, but to be the best you have to beat the best. But losing in the first round of the playoffs is tough. Making it to the playoffs is a big deal though.

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg_10 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:09 am Anyone know how often they map out the regions? Is it every season or every few or?
I think they can change it every 2 years when they evaluate the numbers. Based on number of schools in each region, etc.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Burg_10 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:15 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:09 am Anyone know how often they map out the regions? Is it every season or every few or?
I think they can change it every 2 years when they evaluate the numbers. Based on number of schools in each region, etc.
Numbers were evaluated last year that's how cold water dropped out of DV, this year regions were redone with scioto county schools moving from 19 to 20 and Unioto was moved from 16 to 15 region.
Last edited by greygoose on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”