Scioto Valley Conference League Race

Fireball8
Waterboy

Re: Scioto Valley Conference League Race

Post by Fireball8 »

Adena wins over Huntington tonight. I guess it’s a league that anything can happen.

Piketon Loses to Unioto

Zane Trace and Westfall ties at 1-1 currently.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Unioto couldn't hold serve to set up the rematch at the end of the season, falling to Zane trace tonight in 5. This was one of the best games I have watched this year, It could have went either way. The girl from Trace played as well as anyone I have watched and IMO made a solid case for POY. Southeastern is back in control of the league title.

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

ZT played great.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

SE beat ZT last night 3-1.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Unioto should be Southeastern's only test and they have lost to both Huntington and Zane trace this year so SE should be able to wrap up their first league title in nearly 3 decades. Keep taking care of business.

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

According to this page, Southeastern's Lauren Goebel broke the SVC's career assists record tonight.

http://svcsportszone.com/derrickwebbpage.html

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

cavalier11 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:03 pm According to this page, Southeastern's Lauren Goebel broke the SVC's career assists record tonight.

http://svcsportszone.com/derrickwebbpage.html
Great player and kid. Congrats to her!

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Southeastern looked good tonight, took care of Huntington in straight sets. Thought Bolte, Hice ,and Skeens really influenced the matches at times tonight and the serving was spot on. This team returned the most talent in the league and hopefully can finally figure out away to beat Unioto, who has had their number the last 2/3 years to win the outright title. Should be a good match next week. Best of luck ladies.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

So who did Coach Hutton piss off?? SE a 3 seed, behind #1 seed ZT and #2 seed Huntington...lol!!

ZT has won 2 of 8 sets this year against SE and Huntington is 0-6. I know seeding is mostly political, but this is ridiculous.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I was thinking the same thing. I think Alexander got the 2 seed above Southeastern in the East bracket, Huntington was the #2 in the West. I guess the wins against Unioto had some pull. Doesn't really matter who was seeded where, they got the top SVC teams in the same brackets. after looking at the brackets it looks like a District final match up of Southeastern and Zane trace on one side, Wheelersburg and Ill take Adena on the other.

The East district post their seeding matrix, to see who voted for who. Looks like HIghland and Tusky Valley will be the favorites to come out of that district.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

se-alum wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:38 pm So who did Coach Hutton piss off?? SE a 3 seed, behind #1 seed ZT and #2 seed Huntington...lol!!

ZT has won 2 of 8 sets this year against SE and Huntington is 0-6. I know seeding is mostly political, but this is ridiculous.
I...I’ve got nothing. I just don’t even understand it in any way. I guess you could put Alexander as the 1, but no way that Southeastern should be below ZT.

Huntington is in a different Sectional, which totally makes sense when you look at the geographical breakdown of the schools.

Bret Wrightsel
Riding the Bench

Post by Bret Wrightsel »

Wheelersburg prolly deserves the #1 seed due to 0 losses but I would bet if they were in the SVC they have 2 losses at this point. Politics and grudges or lack of Coaches knowledge must have played a roll in Southeasterns seed. If I were Coach Hutton this is my pre-practice topic after Thursday’s last league match. Focus will be on league title this week. No system is perfect but the one we had in D1 the last 4 years I Coached @ Chilli worked better than SE District. Good luck to all teams and I kinda think we will see SE at the end in Districts 💪🏐

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

SE clinches share of SVC title. Big match tomorrow night in Frenchtown for a chance to win it outright.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Congrats to the girls of Southeastern and Unioto on co-SVC championship. Would not be surprised to see both these teams make nice tourney runs.

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

SE and U put on a heck of a show. Great game to watch. Congrats to both.

U won on good balance. Serve Receive was excellent, passing was almost perfect, Blocking was great. Hitting was not bad.

SE lacked passing/serve receive and that killed them.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Way too many self-inflicted mistakes by the Panthers.

Congrats to both teams for their shared SVC title. I see them back battling for the title again next year.

The Tankster
Waterboy

Post by The Tankster »

Great job, Shermans! I thought Unioto played really well and controlled the game. It was nice to see they were able to do so well after taking a hit to graduation last year. I knew McGlone, Fisher, Pinkerton and the other returners would be fine, but it has been a pleasant surprise seeing how well the first year varsity players have contributed to this team. Congratulations, Shermans!
Last edited by The Tankster on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bret Wrightsel
Riding the Bench

Post by Bret Wrightsel »

Great match at Unioto last night. Southeastern struggled at times passing and youth looked nervous ( expected ) in the big game atmosphere but they didn’t quit and grew from the experience. I’m sure Coach Hutton and Tanedo kept it positive for the girls post game as they are both class coaches as is Coach Stulley. First set was all about settling in and SE had too many unforced errors , I counted around 10 between serve, passing and hitting errors. Sets two and three were slugfest with momentum riding to whoever hit 25 first. I felt McGlone took over fourth set with kills and blocks. Fisher steady all night and the rest of the U players did the job that was asked of them. Hope all the fans appreciate the volleyball that has been played in Ross county this season and from all Ross County and Chilli the volleyball has been fun for a very long time! Our area has been blessed with great volleyball 🏐😎

cactus
Waterboy

Post by cactus »

Great match last night! Unioto was definitely the better team last night, but if they played again it could easily go the other way. Last night, though, I would give Unioto the edge at every position. I thought Unioto's back row passing was definitely better, Unioto's setters are both very quick and never seemed to let anything drop and Unioto's front line was dominant with their blocking at the net. Best of luck to both teams in the tournament! Both should make pretty good runs.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

cactus wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:53 pm Great match last night! Unioto was definitely the better team last night, but if they played again it could easily go the other way. Last night, though, I would give Unioto the edge at every position. I thought Unioto's back row passing was definitely better, Unioto's setters are both very quick and never seemed to let anything drop and Unioto's front line was dominant with their blocking at the net. Best of luck to both teams in the tournament! Both should make pretty good runs.
I agree both schools should make runs, but it's always interesting to see how Unioto fares when they are playing schools in their division.

Return to “Volleyball”