Region 27 Playoff Watch

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by ttomcat 80 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:24 am
ttomcat 80 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:01 am Who ever finishes 5 to 8 in a lot of trouble.Right now top 3 plus Waterford region to win.The rest are really bad sorry to hurt someone's feelings but the truth hurts.Green over rated that league is really bad.Every year they take turns on which team will be good and dominate the league then get waxed in play offs.FC found out that not as good as they thought.Right now as it sits you could possibly have 6 to 7 teams out of 2 leagues n the play offs.HP, Rosecranes, BU,FC, Trimble, Waterford, Southern, The others that may make it Green and caldwell. I think 7 and 8 will have a 6-4 record.Danville at 5-5 maybe but they have to win out but last night think cost them.
FC had 240 yards in penalties against Berne (yes, you read that right — lots of roughing the passer and other PF’s.) BU is tough, but beatable. FC had a disadvantageous first four weeks, as there was no week 3 game and week 4 was 41-0 at half. BU was game four for us, and our fourth straight one on the road. Tough rivalry, but credit to BU. They have a phenomenal running back. FC coaching also let that game get away from them – up 7-0 in 2Q, FC went away from what worked for them and threw nine straight passes, lots of quick outs and forces. Dumb, dumb, and dumb...

Re: bolded - TVC-Hocking is... not good. Trimble is really good, Waterford is solid. Southern... lost to Belpre (spotting 55.)
Yes TVC hocking is bad,but your league is awfull. We have at least 1 very good team and couple solid teams.FC,Bern and Rosecranes wouldn't beat any of the top 3.You have 1 team and they should be in a different league.Down to only 3 teams in the region now.Prep, Trimble and Lucas

:roll: cats :roll:
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:13 am
ttomcat 80 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:01 am Who ever finishes 5 to 8 in a lot of trouble.Right now top 3 plus Waterford region to win.The rest are really bad sorry to hurt someone's feelings but the truth hurts.Green over rated that league is really bad.Every year they take turns on which team will be good and dominate the league then get waxed in play offs.FC found out that not as good as they thought.Right now as it sits you could possibly have 6 to 7 teams out of 2 leagues n the play offs.HP, Rosecranes, BU,FC, Trimble, Waterford, Southern, The others that may make it Green and caldwell. I think 7 and 8 will have a 6-4 record.Danville at 5-5 maybe but they have to win out but last night think cost them.
FC had 240 yards in penalties against Berne (yes, you read that right — lots of roughing the passer and other PF’s.) BU is tough, but beatable. FC had a disadvantageous first four weeks, as there was no week 3 game and week 4 was 41-0 at half. BU was game four for us, and our fourth straight one on the road. Tough rivalry, but credit to BU. They have a phenomenal running back. FC coaching also let that game get away from them – up 7-0 in 2Q, FC went away from what worked for them and threw nine straight passes, lots of quick outs and forces. Dumb, dumb, and dumb...

Re: bolded - TVC-Hocking is... not good. Trimble is really good, Waterford is solid. Southern... lost to Belpre (spotting 55.)
Yes TVC hocking is bad,but your league is awfull. We have at least 1 very good team and couple solid teams.FC,Bern and Rosecranes wouldn't beat any of the top 3.You have 1 team and they should be in a different league.Down to only 3 teams in the region now.Prep, Trimble and Lucas
MSL-Cardinal went undefeated, absent FCA’s loss to the non-OHSAA club team, in week 1 while the Hocking went 3-6 that week (East and Ports ND wouldn’t finish higher than fifth in either of our leagues.) Waterford and Trimble schedule strong out of conference, but everyone else just schedules at or beneath their own caliber.

The Hocking schools do not want to play our teams in out-of-conference except for easy win Millersport. Of course Trimble/NY and Waterford/FF are games that should never go away but all of the other schools have been called and they pass so they can play teams like FF Green, Hannan WV , Frontier and other non-juggernauts. We’ve scrimmaged Miller for five years and have wanted to get them on as an actual game, but they declined and kept wanting to play hapless Millersport. Well MP cancels and Miller plays BU last minute instead and gets smoked.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:09 am

MSL-Cardinal went undefeated, absent FCA’s loss to the non-OHSAA club team, in week 1 while the Hocking went 3-6 that week (East and Ports ND wouldn’t finish higher than fifth in either of our leagues.) Waterford and Trimble schedule strong out of conference, but everyone else just schedules at or beneath their own caliber.

The Hocking schools do not want to play our teams in out-of-conference except for easy win Millersport. Of course Trimble/NY and Waterford/FF are games that should never go away but all of the other schools have been called and they pass so they can play teams like FF Green, Hannan WV , Frontier and other non-juggernauts. We’ve scrimmaged Miller for five years and have wanted to get them on as an actual game, but they declined and kept wanting to play hapless Millersport. Well MP cancels and Miller plays BU last minute instead and gets smoked.

Miller is bad...

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:00 am
formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:09 am

Miller is bad...
They’ve been top half finishers the past two years in their league, both times being playoff contenders. Can’t help that they’re down this year.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

dnis30 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:42 am DIII Columbus Centennial proved to be too much for Lucas. They had amazing team speed. Plus, Cubs lost their best RB/LB early in the first half. Lucas had the lead 24-23 at halftime, but the Stars hit some big plays in the 2nd half outscoring Lucas 4 TDS to 2. They will regroup.
Is Lucas' RB/LB lost for the season or just that one game?

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I hope your not judging anything off Miller football any year lol

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

dilligaf wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:46 pm I hope your not judging anything off Miller football any year lol
The point wasn’t “Miller football = good.” The point was one of the two leagues being discussed plays much stronger non-conference opponents, and has been since D7 was created in 2013, while the other has two teams that stone up in their non-league and everyone else wants to play a team they think they’ll beat by 40. Five years of D7 now, and no one from the Hocking has made it in at 7-3. I only brought up Miller as an example of a team, from your league, that has no problem scrimmaging decent teams (have recently scrimmaged Crooksville and Alexander as well) but come regular season they want to play a team they’d have no problem beating (e.g. Millersport.)

Not at all saying the Cardinal is the best league in Ohio, but our teams have always punched a weight class or two above our own when it comes to non-league (partly out of desire to be battle-tested, partly also because so few teams we match up well with in Region 27 want to play us) and although we generally lose those games we go down fighting. It’s been that way forever. This year Berne Union played D3 Columbus South, recently built program Worthington Chrs played two 6-0 teams in Pleasant and Northmor, HP plays D2 teams, we played Crooksville this year and in recent years we have played D2 Whitehall-Yearling, D3 Buckeye Valley, Ready, Newark Cath, Fairbanks, West Jefferson, etc.

Call us an awful league, sure. Worse than yours. We’re likely in at 6-3, and our league is getting at least two teams in and quite possibly three. Is a 3-loss team, let alone possibly two of them, making week 11 from the Hocking? If not, then I wonder why...

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:33 pm
dilligaf wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:46 pm I hope your not judging anything off Miller football any year lol
The point wasn’t “Miller football = good.” The point was one of the two leagues being discussed plays much stronger non-conference opponents, and has been since D7 was created in 2013, while the other has two teams that stone up in their non-league and everyone else wants to play a team they think they’ll beat by 40. Five years of D7 now, and no one from the Hocking has made it in at 7-3. I only brought up Miller as an example of a team, from your league, that has no problem scrimmaging decent teams (have recently scrimmaged Crooksville and Alexander as well) but come regular season they want to play a team they’d have no problem beating (e.g. Millersport.)

Not at all saying the Cardinal is the best league in Ohio, but our teams have always punched a weight class or two above our own when it comes to non-league (partly out of desire to be battle-tested, partly also because so few teams we match up well with in Region 27 want to play us) and although we generally lose those games we go down fighting. It’s been that way forever. This year Berne Union played D3 Columbus South, recently built program Worthington Chrs played two 6-0 teams in Pleasant and Northmor, HP plays D2 teams, we played Crooksville this year and in recent years we have played D2 Whitehall-Yearling, D3 Buckeye Valley, Ready, Newark Cath, Fairbanks, West Jefferson, etc.

Call us an awful league, sure. Worse than yours. We’re likely in at 6-3, and our league is getting at least two teams in and quite possibly three. Is a 3-loss team, let alone possibly two of them, making week 11 from the Hocking? If not, then I wonder why...
Dude, you realize the TVC Hocking plays an 8 game league schedule right? Kind of hard to schedule 2 quality non league games around an 8 game league schedule. Obviously, Trimble will always play NY which means Trimble only has 1 open date every year

Its all in the hips
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Comb back through the post. Wasn’t criticizing Trimble at all for their scheduling.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:33 pm Comb back through the post. Wasn’t criticizing Trimble at all for their scheduling.
I know you wasn't criticizing Trimble. I guess what I'm trying to say is when you play an eight-game League schedule it's hard to get 2 non-league quality opponents therefore three losses and you could be in trouble. Trimble should never have that problem because they will always play Nelsonville and our other open date we always try to play a bigger school

Its all in the hips
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

right now id say trimble..

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Trump2020
Riding the Bench

Post by Trump2020 »

Trimble has a opening for week 5 the next three years. Who wants to play in Region 27? Come on down for a home game!

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

carbon_dated wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:48 am
dnis30 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:42 am DIII Columbus Centennial proved to be too much for Lucas. They had amazing team speed. Plus, Cubs lost their best RB/LB early in the first half. Lucas had the lead 24-23 at halftime, but the Stars hit some big plays in the 2nd half outscoring Lucas 4 TDS to 2. They will regroup.
Is Lucas' RB/LB lost for the season or just that one game?
Neither. Grover played Friday and ran for 211 and 4 TDs.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

For me, predicting Region 27 comes down to a number of upcoming games. Common opponents or a slight separation from common opponents matter. Trimble lost to CHCA by 1. CHCA lost earlier this season to Cincinnati Indian Hills by 26. Lucas plays Cincinnati Aiken on October 13th. Aiken beat Indian Hills by 9. The Lucas vs Aiken game will somewhat tell the tale of where they are vs Trimble. As far HP, their 4 point win vs Worthington Christian tells me they aren't invincible. Their wins come from teams with a combined schedule of 10-20. Right now, I think it is a three team race....In no particular order...Lucas, Trimble and Prep.

Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

I don't see Harvest prep or Trimble losing another game. Lucas though plays a brutal schedule and could lose two more. Someone smarter than me please figure out where that would place them if they do lose two more games. It would be a shame if they dropped to seven or eight and had to face Trimble or prep in the first round

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Cowboy22 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:29 am I don't see Harvest prep or Trimble losing another game. Lucas though plays a brutal schedule and could lose two more. Someone smarter than me please figure out where that would place them if they do lose two more games. It would be a shame if they dropped to seven or eight and had to face Trimble or prep in the first round
Pasteur has Lucas projected #3 with a 6-4 record with a comfortable distance from #4.

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

The cream is starting to rise and the top 3 are pulling away from the field. All you need to look at are the 2nd level pts. Top three; 42, 49, 48.5 respectively. the next closest is fourth place, has only 27. With schedules like this, I believe the top three are set and just jockeying for position. HP should win out, as should Trimble; Trimble only has 1 team with a winning record left to play. Lucas is the interesting team of the group. I think they finish no lower than 3rd but if they come away with some key wins in the next 4 weeks they could have a shot at jumping to #1. If Lucas could knock off Harrison Central, Aiken and Lima Central Catholic, watch out, they'll shoot right up the rankings. They play two D4 teams back to back in the next 2 weeks and both look good. Although Harrison Central is 1-5 the teams they've lost to have combined for only 1 loss; this will be a tough game, plus HC will probably win out after this week.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

MillSt wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:16 pm The cream is starting to rise and the top 3 are pulling away from the field. All you need to look at are the 2nd level pts. Top three; 42, 49, 48.5 respectively. the next closest is fourth place, has only 27. With schedules like this, I believe the top three are set and just jockeying for position. HP should win out, as should Trimble; Trimble only has 1 team with a winning record left to play. Lucas is the interesting team of the group. I think they finish no lower than 3rd but if they come away with some key wins in the next 4 weeks they could have a shot at jumping to #1. If Lucas could knock off Harrison Central, Aiken and Lima Central Catholic, watch out, they'll shoot right up the rankings. They play two D4 teams back to back in the next 2 weeks and both look good. Although Harrison Central is 1-5 the teams they've lost to have combined for only 1 loss; this will be a tough game, plus HC will probably win out after this week.
I agree. Lucas controls their own destiny. They win out, they should jump to #1. In say this, it will NOT be easy. D4, D4, D7 and a state ranked D6 in Lima Central Catholic. It should be interesting down the stretch. Hoping all players on all teams stay healthy.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

I was just looking at the top 5 in division 6, region 24. Wow. Probably, pound for pound, the best in the state.

1. 6-0 Coldwater 13.6500
2. 6-0 Mechanicsburg 12.2667
3. 6-0 Lima Central Catholic 11.6667
4. 6-0 Maria Stein Marion Local 11.6333
5. 5-1 Troy Christian 7.8333

Lucas plays two of these programs.

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

dnis30 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:32 pm I was just looking at the top 5 in division 6, region 24. Wow. Probably, pound for pound, the best in the state.

1. 6-0 Coldwater 13.6500
2. 6-0 Mechanicsburg 12.2667
3. 6-0 Lima Central Catholic 11.6667
4. 6-0 Maria Stein Marion Local 11.6333
5. 5-1 Troy Christian 7.8333

Lucas plays two of these programs.

Yeah, Troy Christians 1 loss was to Lucas.

Return to “Football”