Warren 20 Crooksville 14

Curious
Riding the Bench

Re: Crooksville (1-4) @ Warren (0-5)

Post by Curious »

Warren joining the ECOL makes no competitive, travel, or financial (gates) sense at all. These are the very reasons the Warren school board rejected the invite in 2015. Marietta fans and coaches, I believe regret the decision to join the ECOL and Warren will also. Easier scheduling is the only benefit to joining that league. The statement, being in a league benefits the kids because they can play for a league title, does not apply to Warren in this league. How many titles has Marietta won or tied for in this league since joining?

Back on topic, I believe Crooksville wins on pure football attitude and nastiness.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Curious wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:58 am Warren joining the ECOL makes no competitive, travel, or financial (gates) sense at all. These are the very reasons the Warren school board rejected the invite in 2015. Marietta fans and coaches, I believe regret the decision to join the ECOL and Warren will also. Easier scheduling is the only benefit to joining that league. The statement, being in a league benefits the kids because they can play for a league title, does not apply to Warren in this league. How many titles has Marietta won or tied for in this league since joining?

Back on topic, I believe Crooksville wins on pure football attitude and nastiness.
Marietta has several league titles in the ECOL, just not
Football. I look for Warren to win some right away in sports other than football. It sure worked out for Marietta to join than be left standing like warren and Logan

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

justpassinthru wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:59 am
Curious wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:58 am Warren joining the ECOL makes no competitive, travel, or financial (gates) sense at all. These are the very reasons the Warren school board rejected the invite in 2015. Marietta fans and coaches, I believe regret the decision to join the ECOL and Warren will also. Easier scheduling is the only benefit to joining that league. The statement, being in a league benefits the kids because they can play for a league title, does not apply to Warren in this league. How many titles has Marietta won or tied for in this league since joining?

Marietta has several league titles in the ECOL, just not
Football. I look for Warren to win some right away in sports other than football. It sure worked out for Marietta to join than be left standing like warren and Logan
If Marietta hadn't left the SEOAL would still be together IMO.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Good luck to the Warriors..getcha that first W.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Any idea why this game is a Saturday 3:30 pm game?

TOESTUBBER01
Riding the Bench

Post by TOESTUBBER01 »

This weeks game for Warren is usually played on Saturday because of the Barlow Fair (local community fair - Ohio's Oldest Independent Fair) - always last weekend in September. Why they moved it to 3:30 I'm not sure. Could be because of fair or Ohio State game, don't really know.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Afternoon game. Pretty cool.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

teach1coach2 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:06 pm Any idea why this game is a Saturday 3:30 pm game?
A booster told me they changed it because of the fair.

If you are thinking that they knew when they set the time originally that the fair is this weekend, since that is why they scheduled it on Saturday to begin with (as they do every year we are at home on fair weekend), and so that explanation doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense, we are thinking alike. Still, that’s what I was told shortly before it was announced to everyone.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Have Crooksville in my survivor so pulling for them.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Warren board voted to join the ECOL starting in 2020. They're also in a league now. They are a member of the OVAC. People keep saying they aren't no in a league , yet they are. They even have conference champions and runners-up. Boys golf, girls golf, baseball, cross country and track. I was told game was changed because of Ohio State vs Penn State game. Crooksville wins by 12.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Crooksville 14 Warren 0
Half

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

rockcoach wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:02 pm People keep saying they aren't no in a league , yet they are.
In the context of this thread, I said "basically independent" simply because there is no set league schedule - Warren still has to find 10 opponents on their own.

In a couple other sports, they haven't played enough games to qualify for the post season (though they had the overall record needed) or didn't participate in the league tournament. I love the OVAC setup (other than football), but it doesn't seem like Warren has fully immersed. In other cases, I think people just don't understand how the OVAC works, which creates a different vibe (maybe less interest to a casual follower?) than when you know you're playing the same league rivals year in and year out.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

mattash wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:26 am Have Crooksville in my survivor so pulling for them.
You have not survived.

Warren 20 Crooksville 14
Final

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I just can't consider the OVAC a league when all the teams in the same division do not play each other.

There is no conference schedule. You have to play a certain percentage of teams that are in the OVAC to qualify for the league tourney. Your standing is based on your overall record. It has about 30 teams and they are placed in divisions (AAAA, AAA, AA, A).

The OVAC trumps any other league you are in. They assign officials for your home varsity contests with other OVAC members (even if you are both part of another league). Some leagues like the ECOL and PVC have existed with some of their members getting their officials through the OVAC and others getting officials from their traditional league.

Some leagues like the MVL have a rule that members can only be a member of the MVL.

Return to “Football”