Bobcats

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Bobcats

Post by BigBlueNation »

Was wondering if any body has been seeing them.
I seen one the other evening walking though my back yard. Very cool to get to see one so close to my house.
Me and my son seen another one the other night cross the road about 4 or 5 miles from my house. I have seen 3 in different locations here recently. They say they are really making a good come back here in Scioto county.
Anyone else seeing any.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: Bobcats

Post by SiderBlood »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:40 pm Was wondering if any body has been seeing them.
I seen one the other evening walking though my back yard. Very cool to get to see one so close to my house.
Me and my son seen another one the other night cross the road about 4 or 5 miles from my house. I have seen 3 in different locations here recently. They say they are really making a good come back here in Scioto county.
Anyone else seeing any.
I seen one by the pond off of odle creek the other evening.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I have been hearing them regularly late at night. They are very skittish but if they are around can be heard late at night. They are very erie sounding, almost like a woman screaming bloody murder in the middle of the woods.

I have hunting property that I own and have seen 2 of them during daylight hours out there in the past 8 years. No trail camera pics of them thought. They tend to stay up on ridge tops for the most part.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I think they are cool and should be left alone. Not many of them to bother anything, and they are making the best of it and trying to survive like any other wild animal.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

ODNR recently came up with a brilliant money making plan to trap and kill them until a bunch of angry people showed up to meetings and put a temporary stop to it. ODNR says their population is way up in SE Ohio so they could sustain it. BS I never have seen any and I get out in the woods a lot. There been a sighting or two but not very many.There are way more coyokeeks out there running around. People are still going to kill them anyway if they see them because they don't care and dont think they will be caught, so they don't need an open season on them imo. Let the OU mascot live! Lol

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

There's not that many in seo, they are nuts. Leave them alone people! Some just get their rocks off from killing wild life. Pretty plain and simple, it's called cold hearted is what it is.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Talked to a wildlife officer the other day he was saying in a couple of years there will be a open season on them. As a huge UK basketball fan I have always wanted to have a mount of one.

BallzDeep
Waterboy

Post by BallzDeep »

I get pics of them all the time
Attachments
720C6079-1F70-41D9-800A-5C0313AAD01E.jpeg
8ACFA6BB-32CE-478F-94C4-5465110C3EAE.jpeg

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I've hunted a lot of years in Southeastern Ohio and have only seen a couple Bobcats while actually out hunting. Coyotes on the other hand are way out of control.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”