Scioto Valley Conference League Race

Fireball8
Waterboy

Re: Scioto Valley Conference League Race

Post by Fireball8 »

Adena, best times are behind them. it will be a year or so before we see them super competitive again.

Piketon, best times are behind them. Chandler was their ace and i do not know who will replace her. some JR high kids are coming up.

SE, Jimmy Hutton can get the most out his team. (depends on Unioto's rotation if he can beat them) he can find the weak spot.

If the U puts the right players on the floor then the U wins and goes undefeated. 3 sets all year.

Westfall, not deep enough.

Huntington, has potential to be 2nd or 3rd in SVC

ZT, has potential to be 3rd in SVC.

PV, can be the wildcard and mess up a lot of predictions. have not played any good competition yet, time will tell.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

While I think both teams are not as strong as last year. Southeastern would have to be the favorite, They have been to the district finals, sweet 16, and elite 8. 3 of the last 4 years and return a nice core. Unioto may have lost just enough to let the Panthers finally get that elusive league title, I feel like the Panthers let a league championship get away from them the last couple seasons, hopefully this year is different. should be some exciting match ups.
Last edited by KRS on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The Hunter wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:32 am Everyone is talking about Southeastern and Unioto, but I think Huntington belongs in the discussion as well. They are much improved from last year. I could see Huntington beating Southeastern or Unioto at least once if they play well.
I don't think anyone would say that Huntington isn't one of the top 3 teams. Several of us have mentioned them in that upper tier.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

After tonight's matches, Southeastern going 4 with Zane Trace and Huntington taking out Unioto in 5, it looks like this may be a more balanced league than previous thought. SE & Huntington have the inside track to the title. long way to go, should be some good match ups the next couple weeks.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

KRS wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:20 pm After tonight's matches, Southeastern going 4 with Zane Trace and Huntington taking out Unioto in 5, it looks like this may be a more balanced league than previous thought. SE & Huntington have the inside track to the title. long way to go, should be some good match ups the next couple weeks.
Imagine if Coleman and Pinkerton had stayed at Huntington. That would be a dominant team.

cactus
Waterboy

Post by cactus »

It said that Pinkerton did not play for Unioto last night. I wasn't at the game, but I wonder how big of a factor this was. Everyone knows she is one of the top defensive players in the league. I have heard Huntington is much improved this year and I'm sure they played a great game to beat Unioto. I just wonder if the outcome would have been the same if both teams were at 100%.

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

Huntington smelled the blood in the water like a shark when they found out she was not playing.

Not to take anything away from Huntington, but In my opinion, the game would have had a different outcome if Hallie Pinkerton would have played.

That game outcome will definitely make the svc games more interesting.

Huntington is very much improved!

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Good volleyball discussion on SVC Sports Talk . . . Huntington beats Unioto and now prepares for Southeastern . . . Unioto looks to respond as Pinkerton returns to lineup . . . http://dbkmediaservices.com/wordpress/s ... talk091018

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Big match tonight out in the Huntington Hills!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

SE #6 in D3
Unioto #8 in D2

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

SE emphatically takes sole possession of 1st place.

Southeastern 3, Huntington 0 (25-19, 25-16, 25-13)

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

Adena almost beat Unioto. Adena won first set and Unioto won next 3.

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

Westfall best Huntington in 5 tonight. Next Tuesday (U at SE)will be a good one.....hopefully.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

If Unioto can handle the serving of Southeastern this could be a good game, it's a big ask for the Shermans.. If they do not, I look for the Panthers to roll and just about lock down the league title Tuesday night. Can't see them dropping 2 games in the second round.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Yea, gotta believe a win for SE guarantees at least a share of the SVC title. Should be a good one!!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

SE moves up to #4 in DIII and Unioto up to #7 in DII. One falls tonight!

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

Unioto over SE in 4.

Tied for first place

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Exciting match up tonight at SE, After dropping the first set and falling behind 20-16 the Shermans fought back to win the second and carried the momentum in a back and forth match to take set 3. They completely dominated the final set. If each team holds serve, should be a good re match in a few weeks. Southeastern missed a golden opportunity to take control of the league tonight.

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

(2) Deciding factors. Hutton kept the ball away from Pinkerton, but the remainder of Unioto’s defense stepped up their game to stop the serving game of SE and made some great defensive digs/stops when they were needed.

Second factor Unioto had some very important blocks at pivotal times in the match.

SE was more tired at the end of the game.

Great VB atmosphere.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Are you tellkng me other teams serve it to her? After watching both teams a couple times this year , I thought the Panthers had the advantage but am not really suprised by the outcome. Both teams seemed to match up well and It's only one game. Hopefully both teams run the table until the end and set up the re match. The kids gave it their all and left it on the court, could have went either wayy. Should be fun to watch the rest of the way.

Return to “Volleyball”