Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:47 am As I said he would have to play better and he did esp. when it counted the most. He looked more decisive today where he wanted to throw it and didn't hold onto it as long. Going into that snake pit against one of the best teams in the country in your third start is no easy task.
Very much agree, Bolt.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

cbolt wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:17 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:14 am
cbolt wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:33 am Joe will have to play better next week if they want any chance of beating Auburn. Tonight he was holding onto the ball too long and looked indecisive. He also has got to learn to avoid them hits while running if he wants to last the whole year.
ANTI-SLIDING

Despite taking big hits on scrambles, Burrow dismissed the idea of sliding to avoid contact -- something Orgeron wants his QB to consider.

"Nah, I'm not going to slide. I'm not a slider," Burrow said. "I told (offensive coordinator Steve) Ensminger and all my teammates that I'm not a slider and I don't think that they believed me. I don't think quarterbacks should really slide."

:shock:
That might work with the Alexander's and N-Y'S of the world but against the Bammers and Auburns he will be in the infirmary eventually.

Could you possibly be anymore negative?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:46 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:14 am

ANTI-SLIDING

Despite taking big hits on scrambles, Burrow dismissed the idea of sliding to avoid contact -- something Orgeron wants his QB to consider.

"Nah, I'm not going to slide. I'm not a slider," Burrow said. "I told (offensive coordinator Steve) Ensminger and all my teammates that I'm not a slider and I don't think that they believed me. I don't think quarterbacks should really slide."

:shock:
That might work with the Alexander's and N-Y'S of the world but against the Bammers and Auburns he will be in the infirmary eventually.

You are missing the point, one eye bandit. If being worried he will get injured taking avoidable big hits is being negative, so be it! He's good and I would hate to see an injury stop him from playing.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:20 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:46 am

You are missing the point, one eye bandit. If being worried he will get injured taking avoidable big hits is being negative, so be it! He's good and I would hate to see an injury stop him from playing.
So you guys feel you know what’s best for him and feel that he should be the player you want him to be. Got it! Sometimes I wonder why some of you didn’t go into coaching, because you’ve got all the answers from your keyboard.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I like your selective reading! I couldn't be complimenting him any more in most of my posts, so how is that all negative ? :roll: Sometimes people need to get real and quit being so fake stirring up the poopy pot just to argue. It's cute at first but gets old. I guess his coaches don't know what is best for him either since they told him the very same thing. So you and pot must think he can do no wrong and just walk on water. Good luck with that!

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Burrow named starter

Post by cbolt »

cbolt wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:45 pm Very impressed with Burrow in his first start against some stiff comp on national TV. Passing stats look ordinary but the way he has lead the offense is special. The first TD he checked off when he saw the blitz and it went all the way to the endzone. Also getting rid of the ball under heavy duress and not taking the loss. LSU looks like a juggernaut with that defense and him under center. Look out Bammer!
Here ya go one eye! I am always such a negative person. I don't know how I even get through life sometimes :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Burrow named starter

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:03 pm
cbolt wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:45 pm Very impressed with Burrow in his first start against some stiff comp on national TV. Passing stats look ordinary but the way he has lead the offense is special. The first TD he checked off when he saw the blitz and it went all the way to the endzone. Also getting rid of the ball under heavy duress and not taking the loss. LSU looks like a juggernaut with that defense and him under center. Look out Bammer!
Here ya go one eye! I am always such a negative person. I don't know how I even get through life sometimes :lol:
Ole 1eyebandit will never get another reply from me, Bolt. Don't care what nonsense he spits out. Done!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

He aint foolin me trench, he knows we from Logan :lol:

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

A lot of people talk about Joes number not being stairler, but if you have watch the games carefully you would see how many drops they have plus instead of forcing the pass when not open he throws it out of bounds.Joes job is to manage the game,no turn overs ,make the plays he needs to and let his Defense do their job,that's what he has done.Great job Joe Athens county is proud of you

:roll: cats :roll:
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:36 am A lot of people talk about Joes number not being stairler, but if you have watch the games carefully you would see how many drops they have plus instead of forcing the pass when not open he throws it out of bounds.Joes job is to manage the game,no turn overs ,make the plays he needs to and let his Defense do their job,that's what he has done.Great job Joe Athens county is proud of you
The biggest thing I saw was the game management. Week 1 vs. Miami when he changed the play after reading the safety blitz, changed it to a run that went 50 yards for a TD. He's smart and has killer instincts. Hope he wins out and meets OSU in the playoffs (assuming osu wins out)

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

He was named SEC offensive player of the week

Its all in the hips
StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

I really like what Joe is doing, you can tell he’s a coaches son. He makes all the right plays and has yet to make a mistake or give up the ball.

In 3 weeks he has a tough 3 week stretch.

Vs #2 Georgia
Vs #14 Miss St
Vs #1 Alabama

All 3 at home though.
Hopefully he can string together a couple of wins, or win all 3.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The SEC West has been brutal for a long time and yes some of them play cupcakes to start like everyone else but beating Miami & Auburn back to back and you've still got Georgia, Miss. State and Alabama all in a row. There is no Big -10 team that could run that gamut and not lose a couple and that goes for previous years also. You're playing a bowl game at least every other week. JMO.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Will Joey Burrows be a 2018 Heisman contender? I think so!!! Go Joe!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

vladimir wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:46 pm Will Joey Burrows be a 2018 Heisman contender? I think so!!! Go Joe!
No he may In 2019. But not 2018. I don’t think they have receivers that can get enough separation. They also are just not going to put up heisman like numbers. Can he be a top 10 qb in 2020 draft yes if he can keep developing

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

?
Last edited by vladimir on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

We will see. I think he's starting to get into the conversation. He's beat two top 10 teams (Miami and Auburn) and he gets Georgia and Alabama at home, if he can beat 1 of them, then I cannot see why not.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

vladimir wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:53 pm We will see. I think he's starting to get into the conversation. He's beat two top 10 teams (Miami and Auburn) and he gets Georgia and Alabama at home, if he can beat 1 of them, then I cannot see why not.
I think if they had a college MVP he could definitely be a front runner he is playing for a LSU team people were predicting in between 4-8 and a 7-5 season for. He is definitely taking that team to the next level.

The heisman has became all about stats. That is only reason I say I don’t think so. But if you were asking about MVP he would definitely be there.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ohio State students changed their O to the French/Cajun EAUX for Burrow. Pretty cool how Ohio backs it’s own no matter where they play

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Joey is playing (good) and winning.

But as of right now the heisman is a 2 man race IMO.

dwayne haskins 87 115 1194 75.7 10.38 75 16 1

tua tagovailoa 58 80 1033 72.5 12.91 79 12 0

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

Return to “Football”