warningtrackpower
All Conference

Scioto Valley Conference League Race

Post by warningtrackpower »

se-alum
All Conference

Re: Scioto Valley Conference League Race

Post by se-alum »

You're probably seeing the beginning of a decline in the Adena volleyball program. They'll have some decent classes come through over the next 3 or 4 years, but the younger girls(7th grade and below) are trending VERY heavily toward softball and basketball. Not sure you'll see the Adena program you've seen in the past again.

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

There are some pretty good kids coming up in the 4th 5th 6th, from Adena, if they come out for volleyball they will help alot. I see them in my track club in the summer. Very Athletic classes coming up.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

wchreidman wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:45 pm There are some pretty good kids coming up in the 4th 5th 6th, from Adena, if they come out for volleyball they will help alot. I see them in my track club in the summer. Very Athletic classes coming up.
Those are very good classes, some of them play volleyball, but for the most part, they are heavily oriented toward softball and basketball. They aren't "all in" for volleyball like it has been in the past. You'll soon see softball as the better program. Adena youth softball has averaged 80-90 girls per year for the last 6-7 years.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

This week's SVC Sports Talk talking milestones in volleyball as well as upcoming action in the SVC . . . http://dbkmediaservices.com/wordpress/c ... ports-talk

The Tankster
Waterboy

Post by The Tankster »

Looks like it's going to come down to The U and Southeastern on Tuesday. I think Unioto has the edge everywhere on the court, passing, setting and hitting. Combine that with the home court advantage and I'll say The U in 3. It could go 4, but I think Unioto definitely gets this one at home.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Both teams split last year and I wouldn't be suprised if that happens again this season . I'll give the advantage to Unioto in the first match but as the season goes along and Ella Skeens has played volleyball for longer than 5/6 weeks I'll take Southeastern in the second round. Both teams look to have improved and should be some competitive matches.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Southeastern dropped their first game of the season over the weekend against Gallia Academy (20-25, 22-25) in the Championship game at the Circleville tourney . Gallia has a nice team and one of the most dominate players around. After this weekends play I expect an exciting match this Tuesday.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Unioto takes it in 4. 25-15,25-16 20-25 25-21. At times it was competitive but Unioto took control after a slow start in the first set. Congrats on the win. Hopefully SE can make the necessary adjustments and get the W in the rematch.
Last edited by KRS on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Fun match with a great atmosphere tonight.

The Tankster
Waterboy

Post by The Tankster »

I called this one. Unioto in 4 like I predicted. I thought Unioto was the dominant team throughout the game. It will be closer in round 2. I can even see it going 5, but I think the result will still be a Sherman victory.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

With a win on Tuesday or Thursday of next week, the Shermans will win their 7th SVC title. I think they'll lock up a share on Tuesday and go into Thursday's huge rematch looking to win it on their own. Thursday's match should be a doozy!

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

A lot of parity in the SVC after the top two teams. Unioto and SE are on the top tier with quite the drop off after those two. Adena and Piketon will probably tie for third with around a five hundred record in league play.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto wins in 4 at Southeastern.

25-17, 17-25, 25-18, 25-14

Congrats to the Shermans on their first ever Gold Ball!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Congrats to the Lady Shermans. Hard to believe it's their first Gold Ball.

I didn't get to listen to much of the game, but from what I heard, way too many unforced errors by SE. Still expect they'll make a nice tourney run in D3.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Congrats to the Shermans . They took care of business and played well. I was impressed with their entire team but their back row played really well. Best of luck to all the teams as they start the post season.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Should be another big postseason for the SVC!

Unioto has a really tough road to the Regionals, but I think there's a good chance to get 3 to the Regionals in D3. Hoping the Panthers can make it to the Nutter Center.

The Tankster
Waterboy

Post by The Tankster »

https://wkkj.iheart.com/featured/local- ... olleyball/

Congratulations to Unioto on a perfect SVC season. Also, congratulations to "POY" Madi Eberst, Defensive "POY" Hallie Pinkerton, Coach of the year Natalie Stulley, All-SVC selections Ashley Taylor, Amanda McGlone, Jocie Fisher and Honorable Mention selections Amber Cottrill and Hannah Hall. Great job and good luck in the tournaments, Shermans!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The 2018 season has begun, and it looks to be a pretty strong year for the SVC. A lot of youth, but very talented youth. Have to expect Unioto to be at the top, but SE and Huntington could push them.

Adena has a lot of young talent, but I look for them to be mid pack. They just don't have the upperclassmen talent it takes to win a league like the SVC.

Bret Wrightsel
Riding the Bench

Post by Bret Wrightsel »

Southeastern seems to be the team to beat to me. Return more starters than Unioto. Losing the all time assists leader in Madi Eberst is no easy task either.

Return to “Volleyball”