2018 Ironton Head football coach

Game day
All State

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Game day »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:54 pm Here is where the AD/Principal/whoever is in charge failed.

When you have made your decision, you need to call that individual first and tell them. Then, tell them they can take a few days to decide if they want it or not. If he accepts, you proceed to the school board meeting and vote to hire him. If he doesn't accept, you offer it to whoever #2 was and give him a few days also.

And for those who say "well the Board Meeting was last night (April 16th) so there wasn't enough time!"

Lies. This job has been "open" or whatever the heck you want to call it for many months. They did their 'interviews' SEVERAL weeks ago. End of the day the AD or whoever made the pick didn't do his job correctly and has miraculously made a really bad situation even worse (at one point I didn't think that was even possible).

I have absolutely no stones in the fire, no affiliation to the program and don't even live near it. But from the outside looking in this has been handled poorly on so many levels that I honestly can't comprehend how more people haven't lost their jobs.
The interviews were a month ago he needed no more time period. Totally un professional.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Game day wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:40 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:54 pm Here is where the AD/Principal/whoever is in charge failed.

When you have made your decision, you need to call that individual first and tell them. Then, tell them they can take a few days to decide if they want it or not. If he accepts, you proceed to the school board meeting and vote to hire him. If he doesn't accept, you offer it to whoever #2 was and give him a few days also.

And for those who say "well the Board Meeting was last night (April 16th) so there wasn't enough time!"

Lies. This job has been "open" or whatever the heck you want to call it for many months. They did their 'interviews' SEVERAL weeks ago. End of the day the AD or whoever made the pick didn't do his job correctly and has miraculously made a really bad situation even worse (at one point I didn't think that was even possible).

I have absolutely no stones in the fire, no affiliation to the program and don't even live near it. But from the outside looking in this has been handled poorly on so many levels that I honestly can't comprehend how more people haven't lost their jobs.
[/quo

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

gonefishin wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:06 pm
doubleplay643 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:54 pm Must need his ego stroked once or twice a year - pretty unprofessional on his part.

Go hire the kid from West Portsmouth. He has went through 4 years of practices at MSU an obviously major program, clearly he has the where with all to put together off season and during season practice schedules and if Triplett helps out then game days will be fine. Take the hit and move on.
Great post.
And don’t waste much time getting in touch with him. He is the right coach and his staff will be second to none.

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: BAHAHAHAHA

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

For a program once so highly thought of in SEO, to fall this far so fast, this is ridiculous. It is clear there are no adults in charge at all, top to bottom. Sorry day indeed for the Tiger faithful.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

79Tiger wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:05 pm For a program once so highly thought of in SEO, to fall this far so fast, this is ridiculous. It is clear there are no adults in charge at all, top to bottom. Sorry day indeed for the Tiger faithful.

if only a female was involved.....

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Wouldn't bother me one bit if everyone involved was replaced with a female.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

79Tiger wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:49 pm Wouldn't bother me one bit if everyone involved was replaced with a female.
Doesn't matter if they are all females but just getting in the right people that will do the job right. Same for Board Members and Football Coaches. Do not get in to big of a hurry and not follow the rules for a special Board Meeting.

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

79Tiger wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:05 pm For a program once so highly thought of in SEO, to fall this far so fast, this is ridiculous. It is clear there are no adults in charge at all, top to bottom. Sorry day indeed for the Tiger faithful.
If they get Pendleton, this turn of events is the best thing that could of happened. 2nd chance by default for the Tigers.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

So, after the parade of debacles.... everyone wants to hire a guy with no coaching experience? To me, that would be the biggest “we really don’t know what we are doing” moment of all.

Not because this Pendleton is a bad guy, I personally don’t know him. But playing fullback at Michigan State isn’t the same as coaching, assembling and managing a staff, setting schedules , dealing with parents, etc.

Lots of guys play college ball, that doesn’t make them experts or head coach at Ironton material. It just means exactly what it is.... they played college ball.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:06 pm So, after the parade of debacles.... everyone wants to hire a guy with no coaching experience? To me, that would be the biggest “we really don’t know what we are doing” moment of all.

Not because this Pendleton is a bad guy, I personally don’t know him. But playing fullback at Michigan State isn’t the same as coaching, assembling and managing a staff, setting schedules , dealing with parents, etc.

Lots of guys play college ball, that doesn’t make them experts or head coach at Ironton material. It just means exactly what it is.... they played college ball.
I agree.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I think it would be a mistake to hire someone that's never been a coach before.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:06 pm So, after the parade of debacles.... everyone wants to hire a guy with no coaching experience? To me, that would be the biggest “we really don’t know what we are doing” moment of all.

This , I’m sorry , is hilarious . I would be protesting at the school tomorrow for a new boe . What a joke!!

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:30 pm I think it would be a mistake to hire someone that's never been a coach before.
Me to . Ask Coal Grove how that went for them .

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

Waterboy wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:41 pm
Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:30 pm I think it would be a mistake to hire someone that's never been a coach before.
Which time ?

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

DMUP wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:47 pm
Which time ?
Don’t hate . Just go with it . Wait till you see what he does this year. Jealousy doesn’t get any body anywhere.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I'm happy for Coal Grove. Rock Hill too. They gave young coaches an opportunity and they took it and ran with it. I wish them nothing but continued success

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

DMUP wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:47 pm
Which time ?
The whole problem with Ironton sports right now . You can’t win with anyone..?execpt with what the big timer wants. You all need a reality check. Stop voting for people with no balls at all . . And that’s a fact !! It been proven in the last two months

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 pm Why in the world would Salmons even interview if he thought there was a decent chance he'd turn it down? Sounds like an ego issue if you ask me.

As to the Ironton situation itself, whoever 'recommended' this guy looks like a clown now too.. If that's LaFon and the Principal, well, you failed miserable. Now you have to try to patch even more wounds.
Great post! I'm sure they knew going in this would happen. Probably why they recommended them. Bravo!

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

IMG_1635.JPG

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]

Return to “Football”