2018 Ironton Head football coach

Gone Country
Waterboy

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Gone Country »

The school board nor the ad are at fault for the man turning down the job. How would they know? He went through the interview process. It would be reasonable to assume he wanted the job. If any mistakes were made it was to announce it to the public before he formally accepted. If he turned it down it's probably for the best anyway. Move on

TigerTown123
Waterboy

Post by TigerTown123 »

Long time reader here as a lifelong Ironton fan. A name I don't think I've seen mentioned here that probably should be because I've had it come up in conversation about the Job a couple times recently is Tyler Kratzenberg. I can't confirm whether he has applied or has had an interview. He's pretty young but already has a a lot of experience at different levels and I think would be a great fit. He's an Ironton guy and I don't think he'd want to use the job as a stepping stone as some other applicants may. End of the day the board need to do whats best for the kids and the program. Go Tigers!

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Pendleton has never been a coach before, I can't see hiring someone that's
never been a coach.

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

Gone Country wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:28 pm The school board nor the ad are at fault for the man turning down the job. How would they know? He went through the interview process. It would be reasonable to assume he wanted the job. If any mistakes were made it was to announce it to the public before he formally accepted. If he turned it down it's probably for the best anyway. Move on

The board went on the AD recommend they all could of used any internet search engine and seen enough to make the hire questionable! He really gonna drive hours every day into a new town for a few dollars more a year! This on lafon

http://www.wvtailgatecentral.com/forum_ ... 034.0.html

SmokeOnTheHill
Waterboy

Post by SmokeOnTheHill »

TigerTown123 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:28 pm Long time reader here as a lifelong Ironton fan. A name I don't think I've seen mentioned here that probably should be because I've had it come up in conversation about the Job a couple times recently is Tyler Kratzenberg. I can't confirm whether he has applied or has had an interview. He's pretty young but already has a a lot of experience at different levels and I think would be a great fit. He's an Ironton guy and I don't think he'd want to use the job as a stepping stone as some other applicants may. End of the day the board need to do whats best for the kids and the program. Go Tigers!

Can definitely attest to Tyler being a solid coach with young kids. Maybe with a younger guy, the kids would buy in more easily. But who knows. Kratzenberg is an Ironton guy tho, he would definitely have the old school, hard-nosed Fighting Tiger mentality since he knows what it's like to strap on that orange helmet.

There's none to fear, the gang's all here!
So Hail to St. Joe High School, Hail!
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

IMG_1615.JPG

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Let the Donald sum this up on condition what I'm reading is true..We all know about fake news!!!!
1. Luke Salmons has an ego bigger than mine!!!!!
2. Anybody who puts in for a Coaching job as many times as this man has without taking it is an attention seeker....The Man is awesome in his own mind, and thinks a lot of himself, just as I do myself. He's a really really beautiful person with a head swelled the size of a watermelon.. unless Ironton seeked Salmons out which I'm not hearing on here. If so that would change my opinion.
3.The Interviewer's first statement should have been to all applicants... The job pays this amount....Here's the perks and details of what's expected of you.If selected will you take the job? Then proceed with the interview of the Coach

Sportsman
Riding the Bench

Post by Sportsman »

Football ended in November and still NO Coach in place. Not sure how you justify this situation or better yet lack of. It seems that Ironton has more issues than just not having a Football Coach and Superintendent . Top to bottom it seems are on a different planet. Please get this done the right way for the right people involved and the city of Ironton....

RealBurgfan
Waterboy

Post by RealBurgfan »

Burgfan says:

It's a little too late to do the right thing now... Football started in January!

See you in the fall!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

This thread has certainly brought out a lot of new Posters to SEOPS. :)

Let's quit playing around, get Pendleton hired and get him and his Staff going.

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

I was told they'll be a special board meeting in the next 10 days. If not sooner.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Here is where the AD/Principal/whoever is in charge failed.

When you have made your decision, you need to call that individual first and tell them. Then, tell them they can take a few days to decide if they want it or not. If he accepts, you proceed to the school board meeting and vote to hire him. If he doesn't accept, you offer it to whoever #2 was and give him a few days also.

And for those who say "well the Board Meeting was last night (April 16th) so there wasn't enough time!"

Lies. This job has been "open" or whatever the heck you want to call it for many months. They did their 'interviews' SEVERAL weeks ago. End of the day the AD or whoever made the pick didn't do his job correctly and has miraculously made a really bad situation even worse (at one point I didn't think that was even possible).

I have absolutely no stones in the fire, no affiliation to the program and don't even live near it. But from the outside looking in this has been handled poorly on so many levels that I honestly can't comprehend how more people haven't lost their jobs.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Sportsman wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:09 pm Football ended in November and still NO Coach in place. Not sure how you justify this situation or better yet lack of. It seems that Ironton has more issues than just not having a Football Coach and Superintendent . Top to bottom it seems are on a different planet. Please get this done the right way for the right people involved and the city of Ironton....

Technically football in ironton ended in October.. ironton wasn’t fortunate enough to make it to November because they were 4-6 😂😂

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Truthful wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:36 pm [

The board went on the AD recommend they all could of used any internet search engine and seen enough to make the hire questionable! He really gonna drive hours every day into a new town for a few dollars more a year! This on lafon

http://www.wvtailgatecentral.com/forum_ ... 034.0.html
Some of us knew he would most likely turn it down. The vetting process is not very good to say the least. I could go on and on but I have held back way more than I have let known here.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

After reading everything that has been going on it almost looks like the Tigers might get Vass one more year. You let it get out that you have picked a coach without the coach excepting the position, which now alienates the other coaches that were interviewed. Who wants to be the "second choice". This leaves you with only one option and that is the coach with head coaching experience that is already in house, Vass. I only comment on this topic being from Coal Grove and going through this exact same thing for way to many years. But I can tell the Ironton faithful there is light at the end of the tunnel, Coach Ferguson wasn't hired until May for Coal Grove and look at the season the Hornets had, it can be done but you have to have the whole community behind the coach as soon as that coach commits to being there if it is Vass or someone new.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

What an insult.... No program in the state of Ohio should allow Salmons to interview for openings after the shenanigans he pulled. This guy should be blacklisted from every Ohio coaching job from here on out.

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

I received information. That they are having dialogue with other candidates. And a special board meeting will be called in the coming days.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Otto wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:01 pm What an insult.... No program in the state of Ohio should allow Salmons to interview for openings after the shenanigans he pulled. This guy should be blacklisted from every Ohio coaching job from here on out.
I agree, he did the same thing to Perry Central in Kentucky

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Must need his ego stroked once or twice a year - pretty unprofessional on his part.

Go hire the kid from West Portsmouth. He has went through 4 years of practices at MSU an obviously major program, clearly he has the where with all to put together off season and during season practice schedules and if Triplett helps out then game days will be fine. Take the hit and move on.

gonefishin
Waterboy

Post by gonefishin »

doubleplay643 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:54 pm Must need his ego stroked once or twice a year - pretty unprofessional on his part.

Go hire the kid from West Portsmouth. He has went through 4 years of practices at MSU an obviously major program, clearly he has the where with all to put together off season and during season practice schedules and if Triplett helps out then game days will be fine. Take the hit and move on.
Great post.

Return to “Football”