Re: TVC-OHio WK6 (2-3) River Valley @ (3-2) Wellston

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Get me a taco in a bag and watch some hitting

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
juicebox
Riding the Bench

Post by juicebox »

x8xohiolegendx7x, you can have that taco in a bag but not much hitting going on here in this one loser finishes next to last winner one spot ahead .

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

I will not agree with that statement i believe wellston beats meigs and vc

Bucknut0
Waterboy

Post by Bucknut0 »

When will River Valley change up their play calling. They have ran the same thing over and over again for the past few years. They have a nice group of kids but only use a couple kids. If it was not for Barber this game would have been a lot worse. The QB can't run the ball up the middle all the time. It is a good thing they keep Eastern on the schedule so they are able to get a win and then putting South Point on to get another one.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Bucknut0 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:17 pm When will River Valley change up their play calling. They have ran the same thing over and over again for the past few years. They have a nice group of kids but only use a couple kids. If it was not for Barber this game would have been a lot worse. The QB can't run the ball up the middle all the time. It is a good thing they keep Eastern on the schedule so they are able to get a win and then putting South Point on to get another one.
I agree even i could have coached the rockets to a win here

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:01 pm I will not agree with that statement i believe wellston beats meigs and vc
I think both of those games will be great games. Wellston has every opportunity to beat those 2 teams. Unfortunately for them, they head to NY for its homecoming next week.

Bucknut0
Waterboy

Post by Bucknut0 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:20 pm
Bucknut0 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:17 pm When will River Valley change up their play calling. They have ran the same thing over and over again for the past few years. They have a nice group of kids but only use a couple kids. If it was not for Barber this game would have been a lot worse. The QB can't run the ball up the middle all the time. It is a good thing they keep Eastern on the schedule so they are able to get a win and then putting South Point on to get another one.
River Valley defense play calling was horrible. How do you get beat by the same play over and over again. Especially when the play is ran back to back some times.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

indianabuck wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:26 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:01 pm I will not agree with that statement i believe wellston beats meigs and vc
I think both of those games will be great games. Wellston has every opportunity to beat those 2 teams. Unfortunately for them, they head to NY for its homecoming next week.
Wellston will come ready let the trash talk begin lol

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Bucknut0 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:27 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:20 pm
River Valley defense play calling was horrible. How do you get beat by the same play over and over again. Especially when the play is ran back to back some times.
we'll take em easy or hard they did not wanna stop our play calling we took full advantage

RaiderDad
Waterboy

Post by RaiderDad »

Are you saying you don't like the QB keeping it and running up the middle 20 times and throwing it 30? Do the River Valley coaches think that opposing coaches don't know what's coming? When you are a fan in the stands and can tell what plays are about to be ran every down, I'm pretty sure the opposing coaches know the exact same thing. It's frustrating to watch.

Bucknut0
Waterboy

Post by Bucknut0 »

RaiderDad wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:37 am
Are you saying you don't like the QB keeping it and running up the middle 20 times and throwing it 30? Do the River Valley coaches think that opposing coaches don't know what's coming? When you are a fan in the stands and can tell what plays are about to be ran every down, I'm pretty sure the opposing coaches know the exact same thing. It's frustrating to watch.
It is very frustrating to watch. I set there as a fan and as a parent where a I have a kid participating. The things that he comes home and says is very depressing. The year they did have success was not because of coaching. Things need to change because there is a great group of young kids there but they will eventually leave if something is not done. The athletic programs have been in downward spiral for a while.

juicebox
Riding the Bench

Post by juicebox »

The second half the raiders lived in the red zone and came away with no points. They also couldn't stop Wellston , but atleast it should have been a shootout.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Raider fans DO NOT turn on your coach now. The guy knows what he is doing. Nobody has had the success he has at RV. The grass is not greener. You will be fine in the long run. The program is in place.

RaiderDad
Waterboy

Post by RaiderDad »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:50 am Raider fans DO NOT turn on your coach now. The guy knows what he is doing. Nobody has had the success he has at RV. The grass is not greener. You will be fine in the long run. The program is in place.
How can you say the grass is not greener? It's quite greener not to far from RV. I have a son on the team, he doesn't get to play much on Friday nights if at all. I don't for one second think it's because the coach shows favoritism or anything like that. Quite frankly my son isn't ready to play at the varsity level. That being said, I've watched this team every year since we've had the current coach and I've yet to see a physically aggressive team. They play soft. My son says they don't hit in practice, the only tackling drills they do is where they go and make a little thump. If you take someone to the ground during practice you are in trouble. How do you expect to get better at something if you don't practice it? If in practice you are taught to go to the thump and not wrap up and take down what do you expect to happen in a game? I think coach sparling is a good guy and cares about the boys but to say he's built the program is kind of an illusion. I went back and looked at his coaching record since he took over RV and could only find 2 times where he's beat a team with a winning record. The last few years he's been blessed with quite a lot of talent. Far more than what RV's previous coaches had to work with and he's done very little with it.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Sounds like Penrod's success is starting to catch some attention among area talent.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: River Valley(7) @ (28)Wellston

Post by mattash »

River Valley(7) @ (28)Wellston

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
RaiderDad
Waterboy

Post by RaiderDad »

Dandy Don wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:29 am Sounds like Penrod's success is starting to catch some attention among area talent.
I was thinking a little farther than in town. Maybe cross a couple bridges. That's where the grass is the greenest.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

juicebox wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:10 am The second half the raiders lived in the red zone and came away with no points. They also couldn't stop Wellston , but atleast it should have been a shootout.
Im not bragging him up or anything. cause for 1 im not family 2 he's just a kid playing but as far as stopping us is'nt that jayjohn boy a shifty lil feller my lords he hits smallest hole and comes out

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

RaiderDad wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:49 am
Dandy Don wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:29 am Sounds like Penrod's success is starting to catch some attention among area talent.
I was thinking a little farther than in town. Maybe cross a couple bridges. That's where the grass is the greenest.
Then take him there.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

RaiderDad wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:49 am
Sounds like a good place. Up 35 will take him to....

Return to “Football”