Re: What's next for the SEOAL?

Post by Dundas »

TVC 1
Jackson
Logan
Gallia
Warren
Athens

All big. All shared a league before the long trips were added. All would have 6 non league slots to schedule crossover rivalries or non conference rivals.

TVC 2
VC
NY
RV
Wellston
Meigs

All close in proximity. Size. And in most sports would be very competitive.

TVC 3
Eastern
Southern
Wahama
SG
Alex

Longest trip is Alex to Sg. The rest are right along the river in Meigs/Gallia counties. Would be a competitive division.

TVC 4
Miller
Trimble
Fed
Belpre
Waterford

The most spread out of the smaller divisions and possibly the same competition wise, but all these teams are north and there are two east (Belpre/Waterford) and two west (Trimble/miller) connected in the middle by fed hock.

The key to 4 divisions of 5 is the fact that 3 other local teams from the TVC WILL have the same late season non league week as you. A Jackson could schedule a wellston in week 6 and a VC could schedule a Alex in week 9..its simple. NY can still play Athens and Trimble. Jackson can still play wellston. The possibilities are endless. This setup would end the 2 hour drives from Waterford to south Gallia or miller to eastern. You'd only have 3 long trips for the current TVC members. THREE! that's it! Logistic problem solved!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Jackson, warren, Gallia, Logan-- Pro- Would all have a league.

Athens-would have a more competitive division with 6 weeks to schedule up or down.

VC, NY, wellston, Meigs, RV -wouldn't be forced to play Athens.

Alex-wouldn't be forced to play Athens or NY.

SG, Wahama, southern and eastern- wouldn't have to drive to miller or Trimble or Waterford or Belpre And wouldn't be forced to play Trimble.

Waterford, Belpre, Trimble, Miller and fed- wouldn't have to drive to south Gallia or Wahama/southern.

The trips would be shorter and competition more even. Its a win win. I am a TVC guy through and through and I am backing this design 100%.

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

Well with Gallia going to the OVC that alignment would not work. I agree, that alignment would be ideal but won't happen. I saw a post that said that Logan should stay independent until the MSL comes calling, but how would that benefit Logan? I think a lot of people get caught up with Logan's school size, but it is the only school in the county, and many of those students that are counted go to Tri-County vocational school and do not plays sports for Logan. I think Jackson gets into a league before Logan is even consider to join the MSL. The MSL does not want Logan, and either does any other league. In all this mess, Logan and Jackson lose out the most. I just hope that rival game always stays on the schedule. That game in Logan is similar to Ohio State Michigan. The whole town gets involved when that game comes around, and for it to potentially not happen would be awful. Sorry I am rambling, just extremely sad that the League that I loved, will be dead and gone in two years :cry: :122247 :(

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

My fantasy solution for Logan? Join with Zanesville to apply to the MVL. Appeal to a two-tier schedule for football and a geo-centric schedule for other sports. I'd think that would be a good fit. Again, my fantasy.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Dundas wrote:TVC 1
Jackson
Logan
Gallia
Warren
Athens

All big. All shared a league before the long trips were added. All would have 6 non league slots to schedule crossover rivalries or non conference rivals.

TVC 2
VC
NY
RV
Wellston
Meigs

TVC 3
Eastern
Southern
Wahama
SG
Alex

Longest trip is Alex to Sg. The rest are right along the river in Meigs/Gallia counties. Would be a competitive division.

TVC 4
Miller
Trimble
Fed
Belpre
Waterford

The most spread out of the smaller divisions and possibly the same competition wise, but all these teams are north and there are two east (Belpre/Waterford) and two west (Trimble/miller) connected in the middle by fed hock.

The key to 4 divisions of 5 is the fact that 3 other local teams from the TVC WILL have the same late season non league week as you. A Jackson could schedule a wellston in week 6 and a VC could schedule a Alex in week 9..its simple. NY can still play Athens and Trimble. Jackson can still play wellston. The possibilities are endless. This setup would end the 2 hour drives from Waterford to south Gallia or miller to eastern. You'd only have 3 long trips for the current TVC members. THREE! that's it! Logistic problem solved!

Great post, well thought out and it truly has a little nugget for everyone and at the same time keeps a lot the same.

This is the type of thing the remaining SEOAL team need to be emphasizing...win-win solutions, and also the addition of facilities that are solid and even more important the travel is reasonable (no Portsmouth for example) for everyone in the above scenario, and reasonable travel = lots of fan travel = $$ revenues.

Again, hopefully there can start to be a dialogue emphasizing these points.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Dundas wrote:TVC 1
Jackson
Logan
Gallia
Warren
Athens

TVC 2
VC
NY
RV
Wellston
Meigs

TVC 3
Eastern
Southern
Wahama
SG
Alex

TVC 4
Miller
Trimble
Fed
Belpre
Waterford

Great post, well thought out and it truly has a little nugget for everyone and at the same time keeps a lot the same.

This is the type of thing the remaining SEOAL team need to be emphasizing...win-win solutions, and also the addition of facilities that are solid and even more important the travel is reasonable (no Portsmouth for example) for everyone in the above scenario, and reasonable travel = lots of fan travel = $$ revenues.

Again, hopefully there can start to be a dialogue emphasizing these points.

The only ones getting a "little nugget" from this idea would be the defunct SEOAL teams. Hopefully the TVC does not consider any of this BS. Being an Ohio division fan, I can't imagine the others in the Ohio would be willing to force Athens back into a league they left to come to the TVC. Nor can I see Alex in a league with all D7 schools.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Two things about the post above.

1. Athens voted yes on expansion earlier this year, so I would assume they would want to be in this type of division.

2. Flip Alex from TVC 3 for River Valley in TVC 2. Honestly it would make more sense logistically as RV is close to the remaining schools in that division and even though RV is the same size as Alex, I think the consensus would say they fit better there from a competition standpoint. RV wanted to join the TVC with intentions of being in the hocking, so I would assume again that they would want to be in a division like this.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Dundas wrote:Two things about the post above.

1. Athens voted yes on expansion earlier this year, so I would assume they would want to be in this type of division.

2. Flip Alex from TVC 3 for River Valley in TVC 2. Honestly it would make more sense logistically as RV is close to the remaining schools in that division and even though RV is the same size as Alex, I think the consensus would say they fit better there from a competition standpoint. RV wanted to join the TVC with intentions of being in the hocking, so I would assume again that they would want to be in a division like this.
Both of your "Two things..." are inaccurate. Athens voted NO on expansion, and RV was originally voted into the Ohio. They tried to then get into the hocking, but a resounding vote against that forced them to stay in the Ohio. No way 4 D7 schools want either of those two in with them, and no way RV gets enough votes to move there.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I thought Athens, NY and southern were the 3 yes votes on expansion. Maybe I'm wrong. RV plays or have played those schools in that division before. I think it could work. I take it you are against any changes in the TVC?

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Dundas, VERY well thought out, looks FAIR,,,however,,, Athens will continue to run from any school that is bigger
and will run from competition as long as the can continue to add all them trophy's from the small uns.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

The only trophy Athens cares about adding to their trophy case is a State Championship...

Get off it Big Hits, Athens made a move that has worked out quite well for them...
Looks like Gallia Academy is taking a page out of the Athens playbook and embracing a new home...

I hope you guys are nicer to them for bolting the SEOAL...something that around 20 teams have done before them.

But go ahead and blame Athens, we are used to it...

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

BIGHITSINC wrote:Dundas, VERY well thought out, looks FAIR,,,however,,, Athens will continue to run from any school that is bigger
and will run from competition as long as the can continue to add all them trophy's from the small uns.
Athens is playing in the state semi's next week whatever reason they left (travel and cost IMO) is irrelevant now.

Are they playing in Week 14 because they left a league 6-7 years ago? Nope.

Are they playing in Week 14 because they have a great group that has worked their butts off since they were freshman (or before) and were supported by solid coaching, and a commitment to a goal. Yep.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

BIGHITSINC wrote:Dundas, VERY well thought out, looks FAIR,,,however,,, Athens will continue to run from any school that is bigger

STUPID STATEMENT!!

They just won a regional title.....

Haters gonna hate.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

BIGHITSINC wrote: ATHENS will run from competition
You are totally right...How many rushing yards did the Bulldogs have last night?

Seems all they are doing is running from said competition right into the ENDZONE!

As for the topic, Doubleplay I would love for the TVC-O to extend an open hand to Jackson.
I have said that adding Jackson would be great for all involved. Not only do they possess some of the best facilities in SEO, but they would add another strong program for the TVC teams to compete against. I for one loved playing and coaching against Jackson...

As for Warren and Logan, Warren should seek possibly the ECOL and Logan needs to sweet talk one of the Leagues North of them...

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

The question is how long will the other TVC Ohio members allow one school to amass almost ALL league titles EVERY year???
The question is will the TVC grow or take the same path as the SEOAL?
The LEAGUE IS about ALL sports.
READ THE TITLE of said thread, it's about a LEAGUE, NOT about one teams run for the title.

I will try a bit slower so MAYBE you will understand.

I T ' S. . . A B O U T. . . A . . . L E A G U E

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:44 pm I always chuckle when I see this topic. Many in SEO have run away from this league for one reason only -- they can't compete. That has been the legacy of this league for the last 50 years. Some like to cite travel, but that's usually a smoke screen except for a limited few. Much of the TVC is nothing more than SEOAL Jr. Four schools make a league. In fact, the old Steel Valley league ran for 10 years with just Warren Harding, Cardinal Mooney and Youngstown Ursuline because no one would compete with them. Heres my prediction -- much of SEO, because of the current state of financial problems will consolidate into compact leagues minimizing travel costs. But it will produce serious competition problems and with-in a 10 year period, as the obvious occurs, there will be splits with new leagues forming or leaving for other leagues that will produce travel to escape the great boogeyman of SEO -- COMPETITION. People will run from it. It has happened with the SEOAL before, many, many, many, many, many times. And it will again even in newly formed leagues or add-ons in leagues.

Logan , if they are smart when and if the SEOAL starts to shrink, will look north where their future is anyway. Smaller division schools than Logan will continue to shrink in size and though schools will match up size wise, they will be plagued by the competitive factor -- the lack thereof.
Paladin was a prophet 6 years ago (Ironton was part of the limited few, compact leagues, add on' s, serious competition problems and split's in leagues) I do hope Logan & Warren find homes soon. 8-)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:45 pm
Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:44 pm I always chuckle when I see this topic. Many in SEO have run away from this league for one reason only -- they can't compete. That has been the legacy of this league for the last 50 years. Some like to cite travel, but that's usually a smoke screen except for a limited few. Much of the TVC is nothing more than SEOAL Jr. Four schools make a league. In fact, the old Steel Valley league ran for 10 years with just Warren Harding, Cardinal Mooney and Youngstown Ursuline because no one would compete with them. Heres my prediction -- much of SEO, because of the current state of financial problems will consolidate into compact leagues minimizing travel costs. But it will produce serious competition problems and with-in a 10 year period, as the obvious occurs, there will be splits with new leagues forming or leaving for other leagues that will produce travel to escape the great boogeyman of SEO -- COMPETITION. People will run from it. It has happened with the SEOAL before, many, many, many, many, many times. And it will again even in newly formed leagues or add-ons in leagues.

Logan , if they are smart when and if the SEOAL starts to shrink, will look north where their future is anyway. Smaller division schools than Logan will continue to shrink in size and though schools will match up size wise, they will be plagued by the competitive factor -- the lack thereof.
Paladin was a prophet 6 years ago (Ironton was part of the limited few, compact leagues, add on' s, serious competition problems and split's in leagues) I do hope Logan & Warren find homes soon. 8-)
Warren currently has two homes in ECOL and OVAC.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:45 pm

Been hearing that Warren is coming into the TVC soon, along with Marietta. Would Logan be interested in joining as well? We've got to get enough teams to split the league into 3 divisions or it is doomed IMO.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:30 pm Been hearing that Warren is coming into the TVC soon, along with Marietta. Would Logan be interested in joining as well? We've got to get enough teams to split the league into 3 divisions or it is doomed IMO.
Logan wouldn't turn down any league at this point. And I think a league with Warren/Marietta and Athens would be great for Logan.

But it seems like everyone in the TVC is largely happy with the current set up so I don't expect a change.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Warren and Fort Frye can get in. I can’t see Marietta getting in the TVC

Return to “Football”