Logan(21) @ (43)Chillicothe

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: W5 Logan @ Chillicothe

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:04 pm Raider trolls every Logan thread and I troll him back. To me it is just good old fun. I'm sure Raider can take it with out help. :mrgreen:

BTW I think Chilly will take it too.
That I do. I wish Chillicothe and Athens were playing. Be a 50 point shoot out

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

cbolt wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:50 pm I think most obviously would chose Amyx, bucky! Like locos said it not going to happen, but he did mention on a recent interview he would not be opposed to "helping out" in some way. Image
We could put him in charge of the freshmen - he could be the new Coach Ogg. After Randy got done with you you were either done with football or ready to HIT people, haha.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:23 pm
cbolt wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:50 pm I think most obviously would chose Amyx, bucky! Like locos said it not going to happen, but he did mention on a recent interview he would not be opposed to "helping out" in some way. Image
We could put him in charge of the freshmen - he could be the new Coach Ogg. After Randy got done with you you were either done with football or ready to HIT people, haha.
Man, that's for sure! :lol:

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
The Fan
Waterboy

Post by The Fan »

49-7 Chilli. And that 7 comes off a JV touchdown. Be hard for the Chiefs to head into Chilli and knock them off. At this point, Burke has to build for next 2yrs. Send a message to your players. Get the under classman who will be contributors of the future into these games and start the process in motion. Will be a painful finish to the season but at this point, the current process is not working.

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Chili running clock

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

There is something seriously wrong in Logan. Will reserve comment for season end.

Have gun, will travel
Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Paladin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:39 am There is something seriously wrong in Logan. Will reserve comment for season end.
They simply do not have the talent they enjoyed in the past . No fault of anyone . They have been in a down cycle and they will need a strong class coming up to turn it around . Lot of good talent not playing football. Soccer team is unbeaten and football not a priority . Logan has good coaches and the effort is there and in time they will right the ship .

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Lot of good talent not playing football. You just nailed it. And therein lies the problem. There are reasons for that.

Have gun, will travel
mattash
Site Admin

Re: W5 (1-3) Logan @ (2-2) Chillicothe

Post by mattash »

Chillicothe by 7

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

The Fan wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:43 pm 49-7 Chilli. And that 7 comes off a JV touchdown. Be hard for the Chiefs to head into Chilli and knock them off. At this point, Burke has to build for next 2yrs. Send a message to your players. Get the under classman who will be contributors of the future into these games and start the process in motion. Will be a painful finish to the season but at this point, the current process is not working.
Logan is only playing 5 seniors on offense and 4 seniors on defense.

I do think a few of the sophomore skill players are going to have a bigger role in the rotation based on last week.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Lots of folks remember when fall Friday nights in Logan were anticipated. I don't know what has caused the drop off. Have my thoughts but opinions are like noses, everybody has one. Hope they turn it around soon.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Agree the talent is not there right now! These classes have struggled or been mediocre all the way up for the most part from what I remember. The speed is lacking compared to successful years and they don't have a break away threat. They don't seem as big this year also, don't know if that is from still being young or not. I read a preview where a couple lettermen didn't come back out and one was really impactful! There was at least one other player who didn't come back who had some speed but he was lacking size. :(

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Paladin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:10 am Lot of good talent not playing football. You just nailed it. And therein lies the problem. There are reasons for that.
That is one of many problems! After the season the powers at be (maybe a select committee including our Head Coach, Supt and members of the school system and also maybe the community) will need to look at everything from grade school programs to even the type of mouth guards being use in a brainstorming session! Since the football program makes the $$$ for the Athletic Program. :mrgreen:

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

moonshine wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:12 am
Paladin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:10 am Lot of good talent not playing football. You just nailed it. And therein lies the problem. There are reasons for that.
That is one of many problems! After the season the powers at be (maybe a select committee including our Head Coach, Supt and members of the school system and also maybe the community) will need to look at everything from grade school programs to even the type of mouth guards being use in a brainstorming session! Since the football program makes the $$$ for the Athletic Program. :mrgreen:
With only 5 home games and the high cost of equipment to field a football team do they actually make the Big$$$ for the athletic programs like they use to ?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Truth&fiction wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:39 am
moonshine wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:12 am
With only 5 home games and the high cost of equipment to field a football team do they actually make the Big$$$ for the athletic programs like they use to ?
Let's say a major portion of the budget! :mrgreen:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I wasn't going to say anything , but been down this road before as player and coach-- Logan is football and nothing else comes close. Kids aspire to play there. Facilities are top notch. But athletes need to like or respect a coach or coaches to play or even come out. They want to play for someone or will take the coaching in order to participate. When they are athletic, talented, have speed, etc but don't come out, there is a problem. Are they encouraged ? Groomed in lower grades ? Treated fairly ? Played based on their ability ? Used at positions where they should be competitive and successful ? Disciplined fairly ? Allowed to play other sports and miss off season workouts? I'm not pointing a finger, he11 I'm not even there. Just pointing out where programs fail when obvious talent exists but doesn't come out to a popular and community revered sport. If the answer is no to any of the questions, you don't have to look very far to ID the problem. I'll have more to say later after a season review. There are yet games to play.

Have gun, will travel
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Paladin wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:58 am I wasn't going to say anything , but been down this road before as player and coach-- Logan is football and nothing else comes close. Kids aspire to play there. Facilities are top notch. But athletes need to like or respect a coach or coaches to play or even come out. They want to play for someone or will take the coaching in order to participate. When they are athletic, talented, have speed, etc but don't come out, there is a problem. Are they encouraged ? Groomed in lower grades ? Treated fairly ? Played based on their ability ? Used at positions where they should be competitive and successful ? Disciplined fairly ? Allowed to play other sports and miss off season workouts? I'm not pointing a finger, he11 I'm not even there. Just pointing out where programs fail when obvious talent exists but doesn't come out to a popular and community revered sport. If the answer is no to any of the questions, you don't have to look very far to ID the problem. I'll have more to say later after a season review. There are yet games to play.
Outstanding points! :mrgreen:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Your youth football is a mess.
A good start would be to clean house and straighten it out.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I don't think the paper puts out anything on the youth programs. 7th grade is about the lowest you read about unless it is in fine print and these old eyes can't find it. lol

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

moonshine wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 pm
Paladin wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:58 am I wasn't going to say anything , but been down this road before as player and coach-- Logan is football and nothing else comes close. Kids aspire to play there. Facilities are top notch. But athletes need to like or respect a coach or coaches to play or even come out. They want to play for someone or will take the coaching in order to participate. When they are athletic, talented, have speed, etc but don't come out, there is a problem. Are they encouraged ? Groomed in lower grades ? Treated fairly ? Played based on their ability ? Used at positions where they should be competitive and successful ? Disciplined fairly ? Allowed to play other sports and miss off season workouts? I'm not pointing a finger, he11 I'm not even there. Just pointing out where programs fail when obvious talent exists but doesn't come out to a popular and community revered sport. If the answer is no to any of the questions, you don't have to look very far to ID the problem. I'll have more to say later after a season review. There are yet games to play.
Outstanding points! :mrgreen:
Good post. I agree with most of what you feel. School activities are enjoyed by a large percentage of students and Football is just a part of that and I understand your passion since this is your sport, but do not down play the importance of other sports . Some kids aspire to play football , some kids aspire to play soccer, some kids aspire to play basketball and some kids aspire to be in he Band . Along the way they have made these choices for some reason or another( Valid points you have made noted). As far as a community revered sport that might be or was at one time . I'm not there but some of the same issues haunt other schools as well . A youth program tutored by the High School Coaches WOULD BE A GOOD START to rebuilding your program .I think Logan will turn things around but it will take time . Logan has some of the best facilities and the numbers to rise up . Good luck to the Chieftains going forward . Thanks Paladin for being straight forward and good luck to your Grandson !

Return to “Football”