Region 25

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Region 25

Post by formerfcfan »

Trying to think who all has played in the state title game from the old Region 23/new region 25

Trimble '13
Newark Cath '12
Buckeye Central (although they are definitely not SE/E Ohio) '11
Shadyside '10
Newark Cath '07
Shadyside '06
Fisher '98 (this was when only four made it out)

Recent history suggests that the draws have been more favorable in recent history. In previous years, early 2000's era they'd flip between pairing R23 with either R21 (Mogadore) or R24 (Marion Local often). R24, or I should say the new R26, is probably an easier matchup because of how diluted that region... although a MAC team is generally good for being in that region. The current R24 (the old R22), is probably the toughest region truthfully. McComb, Arlington, Delphos St Johns (when they're on), anytime you get a good team between Columbus Grove or Pandora-Gilboa. R23 (the old R21) in NE Ohio is kind of shoddy given that you'll find a Mogadore, a Norwalk St. Paul, and a Warren JFK but that's basically it. Maybe a Toronto or if the regions realign Danville.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

If Fisher (somehow) beats Whitehall then they're basically in. FC got destroyed by Harvest Prep, but HP is going to be better and more disciplined than Whitehall.

If Harvest Prep finishes in the top four of the region then they'll get a home game, which can work out pretty well for them since they are deadly on turf. They're very fast, and they play a lot smarter than previous HP teams. Not saying they'll be a threat to take the region, but if you group the region's top three as Danville/Caldwell/Trimble, then HP would be a solid fourth and there'd be a big gap between the next teams.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

okay here is my cheat sheet for this region
danville 17.93
caldwell 15.70 (l2 points could increase or decrease this average by about 1 point)
trimble 15.17.
belpre 12.80
harvest prep 12.69 ( they have a shot at a lot of l2 points 1 game goes there way and they are 4th
fisher catholic 10.98 if they beat white hall yearling
symmes valley 10.86 if they beat northwest
shadyside 10.32 if they beat river valley
miller 10.18 if they beat south gallia
sciotoville 9.44 if they beat notre dame
south gallia 9.17 if they beat miller
symmes valley 8.62 if they lose to northwest
fisher catholic 8.05 if they lose to white hall yearling
miller 8.02 if they lose to south gallia
scittoville 7.66 if they lose to notre dame

that should be the scenarios that effect this region

kicker56
Riding the Bench

Post by kicker56 »

ttomcat 80
Good point about the spread. As you know they returned everyone from last years team, this team also had the lead late on Western Reserve in the 4th q when they were all sophomores. You guys ended up taking them out in the final 4 that year.

Chubby69
Waterboy

Post by Chubby69 »

H-back wrote:What are the chances Waterford can get in with an upset?
They have to have a lot of help but they have to win to even think about playoffs

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Current top 10 in region with playoff records and last appearance
Danville 16-15 (2014)
Trimble 10-11 (2014)
Caldwell 2-8 (2014)
Harvest Prep 0-1 (2014)
Belpre 0-6 (2014)
Symmes Valley 3-11 (2014)
Sciotoville Community 0-2 (2011)
Miller 0-2 (2000)
Fisher Catholic 8-8 (2006)
South Gallia 0-3 (2011)

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

formerfcfan wrote:If Fisher (somehow) beats Whitehall then they're basically in. FC got destroyed by Harvest Prep, but HP is going to be better and more disciplined than Whitehall.

If Harvest Prep finishes in the top four of the region then they'll get a home game, which can work out pretty well for them since they are deadly on turf. They're very fast, and they play a lot smarter than previous HP teams. Not saying they'll be a threat to take the region, but if you group the region's top three as Danville/Caldwell/Trimble, then HP would be a solid fourth and there'd be a big gap between the next teams.
FC is the only team that HP has beat with a winning record,as one of their wins was a forfeit which was originally a loss so I don't see a big gap between them and Belpre Belpre's only losses have been to #2 Trimble and @1 Region 21 DVl Fort Frye. Belpre has won 7 in a row scoring 40 + points in 6 out of the 7 games and only 1 team scoring more than once on them.I think Belpre - HP would be a great game that could go either way with whoever gets the home field with a slight advantage.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

What's Belpre looking like in terms of depth? HP has a healthy size of field-ready players by D7 standards. The first few games they had their running back at QB.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

formerfcfan wrote:What's Belpre looking like in terms of depth? HP has a healthy size of field-ready players by D7 standards. The first few games they had their running back at QB.
They have 35 players and have decent backups at most positions but starters play most of the time when needed.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

My prediction:
8) Symmes Valley @ 1) Danville
7) South Gallia @ 2) Caldwell
6) Sciotoville @ 3) Trimble
5) Belpre @ 4) Harvest Prep

kicker56
Riding the Bench

Post by kicker56 »

icanpickem what an interesting stat
Great stat. Trying to think of Danville losses :
NC 5x
Shadyside 4x
Monroeville 1
Norwalk St. Paul 1
Bishop Rosecran 1
Western Reserve 1
Hardin Northern 1
Columbiana 1

3 games against NC could have went either way, and 3 games against Shadyside could have went either way as well.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The 7-6 game w/ Fisher ripped my heart out. So many missed opportunities.

kicker56
Riding the Bench

Post by kicker56 »

formerfcfan wrote:The 7-6 game w/ Fisher ripped my heart out. So many missed opportunities.
z
It was a heck of a game, Danville had a few turnovers in the red zone, and then FC threw a perfect double pass that hit a WR in stride uncovered and went right through his hands on 4th down, and Danville kneed it from there. Had he caught it he was gone and FC goes on to the final 4 that year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre has some good players but they def are not deep they rely on like 4 players to move the football. I also think if Waterford wins they get in though I think Belpre will win by a score.

Irish Dawg
Waterboy

Post by Irish Dawg »

1- Danville
2- Trimble
3- Caldwell
4- Belpre
5- Harvest Prep
6- Sciotoville
7- South Gallia
8- Symmes Valley
A lot of games that can figure into this order, but here is how I see it.
1, 2, 3 win and are pretty set.
Belpre and HP is going to be tight. Both have to win (test for Belpre) and if Madison Plains and Franklin Hts win, HP will be at 4, Belpre at 5. I think HP needs both to stay at 4. East beats ND, SG beats Miller if they don't have McGinnis. With 22, Miller beats SG. SV loses to NW, but still gets in. A serious wildcard wiht all this is Shadyside. They could jump to 6 with a win over RV, and although I think it will be close, I believe RV wins.

It is going to be fun to watch!

Good luck and good health to all these young men! HEB. 12:1-2

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Region 25 isn't finalized until about 9pm Saturday. If Fisher beats Whitehall, where apparently the HP posters and NewarkCatholicFan are picking FC to pull the "upset", then FC is in and the bottom of the deck gets reshuffled.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

go rebels get that W on the road

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

formerfcfan wrote:Region 25 isn't finalized until about 9pm Saturday. If Fisher beats Whitehall, where apparently the HP posters and NewarkCatholicFan are picking FC to pull the "upset", then FC is in and the bottom of the deck gets reshuffled.
Faulkner playing??

Return to “Football”