Football Regional Alignments

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Football Regional Alignments

Post by Raider6309 »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:04 pm DeSales' three-star LB tweeted that he's looking forward to beating Hartley twice, so it's really just DeSales. Like it was before. But wasn't. Anybody can beat DeSales or Hartley. And there's no guarantee that either or both will even make the playoffs.
No team in the region could compete with Hartley or Desales last year. I know Desales should be loaded. Idk about Hartley what they bring back

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:41 pmIdk about Hartley what they bring back
I'll start a new thread and maybe run n shoot will come back, LOL.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

What are the odds of all three private schools in Region 19 making the top eight?
Hint: About 90% most years.
My main beef is that a small town school could have their best team in a generation and they will lose to a private school having a 'good' year because of the private school's ability to recruit from a large metropolitan area. Little Podunk H.S. doesn't have the opportunity to get the kids that didn't want/couldn't play for their local D1 school because their ARE no D1 schools around Podunk H.S.
Examples: Fairland H.S.Boys basketball last year/ Ironton H.S.Girls basketball two years ago.
*I know there is recruiting done at Podunk H.S. but getting a player from another local Podunk H.S. isn't the same as being able to get a D1/D2 caliber player from a bigger city.
That's where the big issue is and this reshuffling doesn't solve it. JMHO

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:51 am It's true they rolled wheelersburg actually the burg got spanked
Worst beating I've ever seen. Losing by 10 in the regional final. Can't believe they even got there.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Burg Bias wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:01 pm What are the odds of all three private schools in Region 19 making the top eight?
My main beef is that a small town school could have their best team in a generation and they will lose to a private school having a 'good' year because of the private school's ability to recruit from a large metropolitan area. Little Podunk H.S. doesn't have the opportunity to get the kids that didn't want/couldn't play for their local D1 school because their ARE no D1 schools around Podunk H.S.
Examples: Fairland H.S.Boys basketball last year/ Ironton H.S.Girls basketball two years ago.
*I know there is recruiting done at Podunk H.S. but getting a player from another local Podunk H.S. isn't the same as being able to get a D1/D2 caliber player from a bigger city.
Someone from Burg whining about getting recruits and transfers! LOL. With the new system, Burg has 25, that's 25 kids who don't live in the district who open enroll that play football, which is the largest amount for any team in this area!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

king kong wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:38 pm
Burg Bias wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:01 pm What are the odds of all three private schools in Region 19 making the top eight?
Someone from Burg whining about getting recruits and transfers! LOL. With the new system, Burg has 25, that's 25 kids who don't live in the district who open enroll that play football, which is the largest amount for any team in this area!
I believe that's their multiplied number not the actual number of students from other districts. I can only think of a couple of kids that play now that didn't play in pee wee. I can't think of 25 at all.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

25 is the total CB adjustment. Not number of kids from out of district open enrolled. If you are at all interested in the actual facts.

As a point of reference Ironton was adjusted 15, Bishop Ready adjusted 50.

But hey feel free to carry on with your fake news.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:09 pm
25 is the total CB adjustment. Not number of kids from out of district open enrolled. If you are at all interested in the actual facts.

As a point of reference Ironton was adjusted 15, Bishop Ready adjusted 50.

But hey feel free to carry on with your fake news.
They are either 12 tier 2 kids and a tier 1, or 25 tier 1 students, or a combination of both. Still doesn't detract that I said the in this area, Ready isn't in this area, region yes.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Minford has 16, West 10, Jackson 16, and so on.

25 isn't some huge anomaly for the "area".

Lol, Central Catholic's adjustment number was over 200, ASVSM was like 150 as I recall.

You insinuating Burg is some recruiting magnet doesn't hold water, sorry pal a 25 CBP adjustment number is no big deal.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:27 pm Minford has 16, West 10, Jackson 16, and so on.

Lol, Central Catholic's adjustment number was over 200, ASVSM was like 150 as I recall.

You insinuating Burg is some recruiting magnet doesn't hold water, sorry pal a 25 CBP adjustment number is no big deal.
That's your opinion, I am sure those schools listed would love to have 9-15 football players come to their schools as well! You can't compare a public to private cop numbers, that's why it was created.

Or look at it this way, take 5-3 random players from each of Burgs 9-12 roster and see if they might lose some talent! Lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Yeah if a kid has been going to the school since grade school and has lived just outside the district since then, you really can't count that as a competive edge. Burgs location can attract from minford, Webster, green, and east. Just like minford can from eastern and valley. Ironton has pulled from rock hill numerous times.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The public and private thing is another issue. Alumni and state recognition in sports can attract a inner city kid to come for an opportunity. Having a "rich relative" pay for tuition.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Plus Burg has been pretty good for the last 30 years plus.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

king kong wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:33 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:27 pm Minford has 16, West 10, Jackson 16, and so on.

That's your opinion, I am sure those schools listed would love to have 9-15 football players come to their schools as well! You can't compare a public to private cop numbers, that's why it was created.

Or look at it this way, take 5-3 random players from each of Burgs 9-12 roster and see if they might lose some talent! Lol
You are assuming then that the total CBP adjustment number is made up by kids only playing football in your short-sighted, overly simplified analogy, is this correct?

Is none of the CBP adjustment made up of soccer players, or kids that maybe don't even play sports at all? Everyone that made up the 25 CBP adjustment plays football and is apparently All Ohio.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The CBP is based on each sports roster

TO: Member School Superintendents, High School Principals and High School Athletic Administrators

FR: Dave Gray, OHSAA Interim Commissioner, and Bob Goldring, OHSAA Associate Commissioner

RE: Competitive Balance Roster Deadlines Approaching

This memo is a reminder that the deadlines for school athletic administrators, or their designees, to submit
Competitive Balance roster data for the fall sports of boys soccer, girls soccer, volleyball and football are quickly
approaching. The deadline to submit roster data for the sports of boys soccer, girls soccer and volleyball is Tuesday,
September 13, and the deadline to submit roster data for the sport of football is Monday, September 19. ALL
schools that field teams in these four sports must submit their roster data by these two dates. Other fall sports will
not be part of Competitive Balance.

Some other key reminders to assist you with Competitive Balance:

• The roster data collection takes place in ArbiterGame within the ‘Students’ tab.

• EVERY student in grade 9 through 12 on each team roster (e.g., whether freshman teams, j.v., reserve, gold
squad, blue squad, varsity, etc.) in sports that are part of Competitive Balance MUST be entered in the rostering
system and must be assigned a specific tier.

• Another open period to delete or add students will be held for a short period after the season ends for very
narrowly‐defined situations. Schools are not permitted to wait to enter initial roster data at that time. Again, all
schools must follow the September 13 and September 19 deadlines as listed above.

• Roster data entered during the 2016‐17 school year will be utilized during the 2017‐18 school year to determine
divisional placement for Ohio’s schools in the respective sport.

• Schools that fail to submit their roster data by the deadline (i.e. submit them late) will be subject to a fine as
determined by the OHSAA Commissioner’s Office.

• Schools that refuse to submit roster data or are found to have falsified roster data will be removed from the
OHSAA tournaments and may be subject to additional penalties as determined by the OHSAA Commissioner’s
Office.

We want to make sure you are receiving help with this process if it is needed. The OHSAA website has a
comprehensive Competitive Balance Resource Center (www.ohsaa.org/CompetitiveBalance.htm) that includes the
following: 1.) a detailed PowerPoint presentation and summary packet that describe the Competitive Balance Plan
and how student tiers are entered; 2.) a detailed PowerPoint presentation and one‐page checklist that describe
how to enter students into the Arbiter rostering system; 3.) student worksheets to assist with rostering (three
separate for public district with single high schools; public districts with multiple high schools, and non‐public
schools); 4.) flow charts to assist with rostering (three separate for public district with single high schools; public
districts with multiple high schools, and non‐public schools, and 5.) questions and answers that cover unique
student and parent movement situations as they relate to entering a student’s tier.

For specific answers to questions that you could not find within the Competitive Balance Resource Center, please
contact the following staff members in the OHSAA Office:
Rostering/Tiering Questions — Bob Goldring (bgoldring@ohsaa.org)
Technical Questions on Using Arbiter for Rostering — Jacki Windon (jwindon@ohsaa.org)
Thank you for your attention to this matter!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

ohbuckeye2, interesting I did not realize it was sport specific by the previous year's roster if I read through this correctly. So last year's 9-12 roster determines this year's CB adjustment number is that correct?

So each year there will be a new adjustment number I assume and thus each team's division if they are close to the top or bottom of the cut-offs may alter.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Looks as if it is football specific. Competitive balance is in the infant stages. It will probably be expanded. At first it was to include an economic factor for the area. Honestly that has as much or more to due with success as anything. Alot of kids have nothing. With all the AAU, camps, etc, kids from stable homes have a much better opportunity.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

How then if it is sport specific do you get to an adjustment like at ASVSM of 123?

Assume that the "penalty" calculation for privates is maybe different than publics?

Where is polpot when you need an explanation.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It's a stretch to call out burg for being successful by means of transfers or district move ins when 99% of those kids have been here since grade school. Burg has a good education system in place as well as athletics. Every school seems to get a couple of transfers or move ins each season that appear to be athletic related. The basketball player from Rock hill to oak hill. The baseball player from burg to ironton. Etc. but unless you hear from that family that's the reason they've specifically moved, it's just pure speculation. This balance seems to not have much effect on anything if you ask me. If they are that concerned with it, do away with open enrollment and separate public and private.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Right now the player counts if they transfer after the 7th grade correct?
Really not sure how they come up with that number. If a player lives outside the district border they should count no matter when they moved. Just my opinion

Return to “Football”