2017-18 Logan Cheiftains

bman
SEO

Re: 2017-18 Logan Cheiftains

Post by bman »

1987chieftains wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:57 am
Truth&fiction wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:43 am Logan would be good for the MSL and the MSL would be good for the Chieftains . Logan seems to travel very well in Basketball and Football. Best of Luck.
You would think its a no brainer but not so fast my friend...... The powers that be in the MSL and Teays Valley seam to think Logan, Ohio is Logan, Utah. :roll: :roll: Teays Valley's trip to Logan would be a WHOPPING 43 min drive and almost all 70 MPH 4 lane highway. In comparison the Teays Valley to Fairfield Union high school trip is a 42 min drive thur Lancaster and is all 2 lane rd. :shock: :shock:
Nah, we think you're Logan, West Virginia. ;)

In all seriousness, I'd love to see Logan in the MSL but that's not my decision. It makes too much sense, which is probably the problem.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

bman wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:14 pm
Truth&fiction wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:43 am Logan would be good for the MSL and the MSL would be good for the Chieftains . Logan seems to travel very well in Basketball and Football. Best of Luck.
You would think its a no brainer but not so fast my friend...... The powers that be in the MSL and Teays Valley seam to think Logan, Ohio is Logan, Utah. :roll: :roll: Teays Valley's trip to Logan would be a WHOPPING 43 min drive and almost all 70 MPH 4 lane highway. In comparison the Teays Valley to Fairfield Union high school trip is a 42 min drive thur Lancaster and is all 2 lane rd. :shock: :shock:

In all seriousness, I'd love to see Logan in the MSL but that's not my decision. It makes too much sense, which is probably the problem.
Has Logan ever tried to apply or join the OCC (preferably the Capital Division)? It's primarily D2 for football other than Newark and I'd assume all teams are D1 for all other sports. Travel is 40-80 minutes (with the 80 minute trip mostly 4-lane highway or Interstate) and the Columbus schools traveling to Logan within an hour. It's an alternate if the MSL doesn't work out, maybe even see if Teays Valley would be interested to join also and partner up together.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

GoBucks1047 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:21 am

Has Logan ever tried to apply or join the OCC (preferably the Capital Division)? It's primarily D2 for football other than Newark and I'd assume all teams are D1 for all other sports. Travel is 40-80 minutes (with the 80 minute trip mostly 4-lane highway or Interstate) and the Columbus schools traveling to Logan within an hour. It's an alternate if the MSL doesn't work out, maybe even see if Teays Valley would be interested to join also and partner up together.
Isn't it funny how Logan fans always want to be in the DIV-DIII leagues where they are double the size of most schools they would compete with? They want no part of the OCC. Funny how that always seems to work this way.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:32 am

Isn't it funny how Logan fans always want to be in the DIV-DIII leagues where they are double the size of most schools they would compete with? They want no part of the OCC. Funny how that always seems to work this way.
Guess that means MSL or bust lol that or push the FAC to expand to at least 10 schools, preferably 12.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

According to the Logan Daily there was once again several members of the Chiefs and Lady Chiefs with a 4.0 with some just missing with a 3.5 or better. Good jobs Ladies and Gentlemen !! That's truly shows your hard work!!

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

You must have the inside scoop on The Logan FANS and the OCC.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Stop it bandit. You need to check out Warrens schedules and look at the smaller schools that litter those schedules before you try to sling mud.

AT THE RESERVATION
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Warren is a smaller school in itself, being a small DII, and the smaller schools we do play are state powers. I'll give Logan props for moving to the Columbus area and the schools that have started to dot the boys schedule. Football? Not so much.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

From the looks of it you guys are in the same boat as we are scheduling anyone you can to fill a 10 game season. Logan plays schools from north of the Lancaster-Dixon line every year. So I'm not sure what your dig is on Logan football.
Football 2017 schedule

Logan DII

Dublin Jerome DI
Teays Valley DII
Meigs DIIII
Sheridan DIII
Chillicothe DII
Athens DIII
Minford DV
Dublin Scioto DI
Hamilton Ross DIII
Warren DIII

Warren DIII

Athens DIII
Point Pleasant WV ??
Fort Frye DVI
Oak Glen WV ??
John Marshall WV ??
Weir WV ??
Logan DII

AT THE RESERVATION
Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:17 am Warren is a smaller school in itself, being a small DII, and the smaller schools we do play are state powers. I'll give Logan props for moving to the Columbus area and the schools that have started to dot the boys schedule. Football? Not so much.
Warren numbers are 294 which puts them at one of the larger D2 . D2 194 to 361 is the range . A lot of smaller schools want to play up so they can improve their program . How many D1 programs ( with numbers like 700 plus) is the Warriors playing this year or has in the past. Just saying .

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Back in the late 60s Logan and Warren were about the same size and they were both in AAA. Lots of history ( good ) between the both . Logan got larger with the closing of Union Furnace in the early 1970 . Now Logan is larger but most likely the largest geographic school around which causes hardship for rural area students. The schedule for the Chiefs will test this squad but be assured they will look forward to each and every game this year . 4 starters back , 6th man and looks like a deeper bench . Word I'm getting is they are working hard under 2nd year Coach Rider.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The OCC membership thought Mount Vernon was too far away, so they'd have zero interest in Logan. Besides, Olentangy will be opening a fourth high school in the next year or two, which will once again give them 32 members. No need for expansion.

I've long been a proponent of paring together schools like Teays Valley, Logan, Hamilton Township, Canal Winchester (doubt they'd come now unless the OCC puts them in a non-competitive division), Licking Heights and Watkins Memorial in a new division of the MSL or creating a new league altogether. The schools are close in size and it would be a great league. But I doubt it ever happens.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Bman, those 6 schools are all close in size and would be a very competitive league but the distance between will keep them from ever forming anything.

AT THE RESERVATION
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

1987chieftains wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:55 am Bman, those 6 schools are all close in size and would be a very competitive league but the distance between will keep them from ever forming anything.
Canal Winchester, Chillicothe, Hamilton Township, Logan, and Teays Valley would be a nice 5 Team league for teams that would be able to duel league to fill out the schedule. Would result in an 8-10 football game schedule and an 18-20 game schedule (depends on the team and primary conference affiliation. All travel under an hour (Chillicothe-Logan longest trip). Almost everyone D1 in basketball and D2 in football except Hamilton Township who isn't too far away.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

We play TV home and away now. Hamilton is in the area of 45 min. Canal might be 30. Logan's track team has been going to LH and WM of late and WM has been coming here for meets. I like.

Circleville
Logan Elm
Teays Valley
Canal
Hamilton
Logan
Watkins Memorial

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Parkersburg, Parkersburg South, Marietta, Warren, Athens, Logan. Longest trip Logan/Marietta(1 hr 15 min) The Buckeye-Mountaineer Conference.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:31 am We play TV home and away now. Hamilton is in the area of 45 min. Canal might be 30. Logan's track team has been going to LH and WM of late and WM has been coming here for meets. I like.

Circleville
Logan Elm
Teays Valley
Canal
Hamilton
Logan
Watkins Memorial
Throw in Unioto and Chillicothe and game on !

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

It would be a good thing if these schools would ever from a league. The competitive balance would be very good from year to year and sport to sport.

Teays Valley
Logan
Hamilton Township
Canal Winchester
Licking Heights
Watkins Memorial
Circleville
Logan Elm

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:15 am
noreply66 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:31 am We play TV home and away now. Hamilton is in the area of 45 min. Canal might be 30. Logan's track team has been going to LH and WM of late and WM has been coming here for meets. I like.

Circleville
Logan Elm
Teays Valley
Canal
Hamilton
Logan
Watkins Memorial
Throw in Unioto and Chillicothe and game on !
Unioto will go no were and Chillicothe will not leave their new conference.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

1987chieftains wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:22 am It would be a good thing if these schools would ever from a league. The competitive balance would be very good from year to year and sport to sport.

Teays Valley
Logan
Hamilton Township
Canal Winchester
Licking Heights
Watkins Memorial
Circleville
Logan Elm
Sounds good. Would leave them 3 non conference games.
Southeast Central Ohio Athletic League...SCOAL

Return to “Boys Basketball”